Type keyword(s) to search

The Sports GIF Topic: When You Fall Down a Google Rabbit Hole

Bort
  • Start Topic

17 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

I just had to post this gif of Collin McHugh's Matrix move from last night.

Cool move. But did the batter get on base, or was someone able to throw him out?

2 minutes ago, topanga said:

Cool move. But did the batter get on base, or was someone able to throw him out?

There had been a runner on first. The shortstop fielded the ball, stepped on second and threw to first. Double play.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

Something non-baseball that I stumbled across...

Too funny. I imagine that must happen a lot. A player with all of that padding going through such a small opening. On skates. 

giphy.gif

This toddler had no idea why this ball was special, so he tried to throw it. As he's been taught. Which begs the question, why do adults always have to give their foul/HR balls to kids? When and why did this become a thing? What if the occasion or the ball are really special to you?

I'll give a foul ball to a bigger kid. Absolutely not to a small one. They always wanna throw it.

060715_oakbos_kid_ball_med_zr88x88t.gif

(Not like it's a huge issue, I've only ever caught two. The first one I kept, the second one I gave to a kid who was about ten.)

• LOL 1
(edited)

Sometimes Steph Curry seems too good to be true, but how can anyone hate a guy with a sense of humor like that?

Love this gif. Were the Sixers showboating a little at the end of that game? Maybe. But The Process is finally having a chance to enjoy the process.

200.webp

Edited by topanga
  • Love 3
(edited)
44 minutes ago, topanga said:

Sometimes Steph Curry seems too good to be true, but how can anyone hate a guy with a sense of humor like that?

Love this gif. Were the Sixers showboating a little at the end of that game? Maybe. But The Process is finally having a chance to enjoy the process.

200.webp

I love Embiid so much. 

Edited by shoregirl
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Mittengirl said:

I’m keeping the foul ball.  Boo me if you want, but I am not giving it to some kid.   

Thank you. What if I want to take it home to give to my own kids? Or simply keep want it for my own memories? Most kids have no idea what the heck it is or why it's important.  To them, it's just a ball. 

Personally, I don't think you should have to give up your token of an awesome accomplishment just because there's a bratty kid sitting near you. JK--I really like kids and most aren't brats.  Some aren't.

But people treat holding onto a foul ball as the equivalent of being on a crowded bus and not offering your seat to a senior citizen or a disabled person. F that!!

...Truth be told, I'd probably cave under the pressure and give up the ball. While cursing myself and that damn kid--and his parents--the entire time.  

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, topanga said:

...Truth be told, I'd probably cave under the pressure and give up the ball. While cursing myself and that damn kid--and his parents--the entire time.  

Same . I've never got a foul ball and would really want to keep it but would probably hand it to a kid. Now a home run hit by one of the Phillies would probably be a different story (too bad kid)

1 minute ago, kariyaki said:

Juuuuust wait for it...

mets-fan-gets-sniped-1.gif

Ha ha ha..that's  hilarious.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mittengirl said:

I’m keeping the foul ball.  Boo me if you want, but I am not giving it to some kid.   

Nothing wrong with keeping it. Just don’t actively yank it out of the arms of a child and gloat about it.

DsdjrwQ.gif

Edited by Jeddah
(edited)
4 hours ago, Jeddah said:

Nothing wrong with keeping it. Just don’t actively yank it out of the arms of a child and gloat about it.

Yes that was wrong. I wish someone else had intervened. You don’t snatch a ball from someone, kid or adult. 

I hope that lady was booed. 

Edited by topanga
  • Love 3

It's been 20 years (March 24, 2001) since Randy Johnson exploded the pigeon with the baseball. And I found out that Kyler Murray's uncle was the one at bat.

giphy.gif

Edited by Popples
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3