Type keyword(s) to search

Enter At Your Own Peril: TV Show Warning Labels

• Start Topic

They have 'em on medications. Why not on shows? I mean, hell, TV affects my mood just as much as any chemical does. What TV shows do you think should come with warnings? And what, precisely, would those be? Here's a few starter examples:

Game of Thrones

This program contains angry British dialogue. Excessive viewing may result in constantly referring to other men as cunts.

Riverdale

The following may create overly inflated standards of adolescent attractiveness. Camila Mendez is not going to go to the prom with you, Kyle. You'd be lucky to get Ethel.

Survivor

Consumption of this product may create the belief that gossiping about your co-workers makes you some kind of Machiavellian genius.

Rick and Morty

May increase feeling that nothing that happens in this one particular universe matters. If confusion about the difference between a satire and a documentary persists, please consult a dictionary immediately.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

Law & Order: SVU

Regular consumption of this product may cause you to TAKE EVERYTHING PERSONALLY!!!!!

A warning label that should have been on all of Law & Order from the get-go in 1990!!

• Love 3

The Good Place:

May prompt you to ponder if you are a good person, and if not, determine ways to be a better person and generally worry about being a good person all day long.

May cause increased use of the word "Forking."

Edited by cpcathy
  • Love 7
33 minutes ago, bmasters9 said:

A warning label that should have been on all of Law & Order from the get-go in 1990!!

Idk, on original recipe L&O, they didn't take cases quite so personally every week, at least not during the Mike Logan era.  Not the way Saint Olivia does on SVU anyways.

Edited by proserpina65
Too many "at least"s
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, CletusMusashi said:

Game of Thrones

This program contains angry British dialogue. Excessive viewing may result in constantly referring to other men as cunts.

Alternately: If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, bmasters9 said:

Actually no, it started with that worthless piece of crap SVU, which has been renewed for a 21st FUCKING season!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

When the Mothership was LEAGUES better! Fuck you, Dick Wolf for being a miserly cheapskate!!!!!!!!

No, not bitter. AT ALL.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Actually no, it started with that worthless piece of crap SVU, which has been renewed for a 21st FUCKING season!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

When the Mothership was LEAGUES better! Fuck you, Dick Wolf for being a miserly cheapskate!!!!!!!!

No, not bitter. AT ALL.

So much this. Law and Order (original recipe) had class. SVU used to, but now that it's the St. Olivia hour. Hell no.

It (SVU) needs a label that says:  May cause instant rage.

XFiles:  May cause you to throw your controller at the television.

The Brady Bunch:  Caution -- this show's theme song may get stuck in your head

Edited by AntiBeeSpray
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

No, not bitter. AT ALL.

What is it about SVU that has caused it to last so long?!

7 hours ago, bmasters9 said:

Your guess is as good as mine. It should have been cancelled  after the 9th season. It used to be good. It used to be an ensemble show. I bailed after Elliott (Chris Meloni) left in the most lamest of ways, considering the kinds of cases he’d dealt with. Then it morphed into The Olivia Benson Show. To the point when NBC had that show with Debra Messing-Mysteries of Laura or something, they showcased SVU as Hargitay’s show-where she was the ONLY LEAD. And that POSE! So bloody pretentious. This is the only show where this character gets away with the crap she does, laws she breaks, and promotes her ass and made her the commander of the unit, I believe after Cragen retired.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, bmasters9 said:

It's about sex crimes. Folks love their sex and violence. Sadly. 

It's salacious in a way Mother Ship wasn't. It's voyeuristic in a way Mother Ship wasn't. It's perverted in a way Mother Ship wasn't. 

I watched the Elliot Stabler years 100% for Chris Maloni, even then I struggled because it was week after week of violence against women and children. Once he left I left, and I am happy I did. 

It is a sad commentary on society that the longest running US prime time show is about violence against women and children, but there you go.

• Love 8
(edited)

The Jetsons

May result in multiple generations believing that they are almost due for flying cars, despite the fact that most people can not even drive the normal ones properly.

Family Guy

May permanently impair ability to differentiate between "ironically stupid" jokes and jokes that really are honestly just stupid.

Scrubs

May lead to far too many years of using The Todd's "That's what she said" line whenever there is any excuse whatsoever.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • LOL 8
  • Love 6
On ‎03‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:02 AM, Mabinogia said:

It's about sex crimes. Folks love their sex and violence. Sadly. 

It's salacious in a way Mother Ship wasn't. It's voyeuristic in a way Mother Ship wasn't. It's perverted in a way Mother Ship wasn't. 

I watched the Elliot Stabler years 100% for Chris Maloni, even then I struggled because it was week after week of violence against women and children. Once he left I left, and I am happy I did. 

It is a sad commentary on society that the longest running US prime time show is about violence against women and children, but there you go.

I liked Richard Belzer and Ice T, but stopped watching after the 2nd season because everyone was already becoming overly involved in every single case and breaking laws left and right.

• Love 3