Type keyword(s) to search

S4 Spoiler Speculation: Tell us something we don't know!

(edited)

The current issue of TV Guide has an article containing a lot of info about Season 4, episode 1:

The 2nd Mass resistance fighters may have scored a huge victory when they blew up the enemy Espheni's power grid in last season's finale, but the war against the alien invaders is far from won. As Season 4 of Falling Skies opens, the Espheni attack just as the weary humans approach their Charleston sanctuary. In the aftermath, Tom Mason (Noah Wyle) and his family are separated, some captured, some on the run. "Each of them now must be a hero in their own right," Wyle says, "and not only survive but bring their own groups back to join the others."

Their odds are bleak. Tom and eldest son Hal (Drew Roy) are imprisoned "in a grim penal colony where gigantic, terrifying flying creatures grab people and take them off somewhere unknown," Wyle says. Tom creates "The Ghost," a vigilante alter ego who helps his fellow prisoners. "His actions give the new Espheni Overlord a personal grudge that will last through the season."

On another front, 2nd Mass medic Anne (Moon Bloodgood) is now a gun-toting resistance leader in search of her and Tom's young daughter, Lexi. She should expect a surprise. "Lexi will be a very important character this season," Wyle promises. Inexplicably fully grown (and portrayed by Scarlett Byrne, who played Pansy in three Harry Potter movies), the human/alien hybrid is worshipped as a peacemaker by an idyllic village that has been bypassed by the occupiers.

Tom's middle son, Ben (Connor Jessup), awakens from a coma and quickly susses out that something's off about his half-sister - starting with her newly blonde mane, eerie pale eyes and scary super-powers. "Lexi has the emotional volatility of the terrible twos," warns Wyle, "but with the powers of God."

While I like the idea of the group being separated and struggling to get back together, I have to admit I'm a bit turned off by the Lexi news.  So she's magically grown up to look like someone who would appeal to the CW demographic (even though the show's on TNT)?  And why is it that every child on a sci-fi alien show has to be special?  It's V all over again.  And the whole Ghost idea sounds kinda stupid but maybe it'll be better than it sounds.

Edited by tv echo
So she's magically grown up to look like someone who would appeal to the CW demographic (even though the show's on TNT)?  And why is it that every child on a sci-fi alien show has to be special?

They did this on 'The 4400' as well, where Isabelle seemed to go from newborn to 20-something in a matter of days, and of course also had gnarly special '4400-like' powers.

Well the girl was too big when she was a baby and she even began to talk within a few weeks if not days of being born.

But I didn't see she was blonde, much less almost white hair blonde.

I guess the season 4 premiere is on Amazon Prime (at least for me) and I think Itunes? 

(edited)

I don't really care about Lexi until she actually becomes important to the storyline.  These spoilers are from the current issue of TV GUIDE, and they are intriguing:

7/6/14 - The 2nd Mass plot an escape from the Aspheni Ghetto, and Maggie confronts Lexi"

7/13/14 - The 2nd Mass find refuge in a Volm hideout, but tensions rise between humans and Volm"

I knew Maggie was either faking or biding her time regarding Lexi, and the 2nd Mass is already moving out of the Espheni prison by third episode.  So it's not like the story languishes in one place for half the season.  I like that it appears to be fast-paced.  I am also liking the idea of a human/volm problem because from the pov of the humans - they were told that the Volm were some superior kick-ass alien species that could get rid of the Aspheni and now they are hiding in caves just like the humans and then picked up and left the humans to fight a pissed off Aspheni.  From the Volm's perspective - they are stuck on earth protecting humans and fighting the Aspheni when their own people are in danger fighting in another battle across the galaxy.  So this should be an interesting confrontation.  Both sides valid.

Edited by Bishop
  • Love 1
(edited)

Next week's TV Guide (featuring Under the Dome on the cover) includes a picture of Lexi asleep in a giant semi-transparent, reddish bubble sac.  Apparently, after an "upcoming biological transformation," Lexi will be "stronger and more sure of what she's doing."  Also according to the accompanying article:

-- The war between the Espheni invaders and the human resistance could come down to which side controls Lexi, who offers a message of peace between species.

-- Lexi doesn't know yet that her Espheni 'father' sees her as a weapon of mass destruction that they plan to use to conquer Earth.

-- "When Tom discovers that their enemy's war machine is controlled by a centralized power, the hunt for that becomes an urgent goal."

-- Should they trust Lexi to help?  "Sometimes it's beneficial that people follow Lexi, and other times the naive child in her takes them in a direction they may regret."

Edited by tv echo

This is just wishful thinking but I really want them to kill off Hal. He is a waste of space and I want Ben and Maggie to get together without any stupid triangle bullshit. Tom needs to have someone in his family die since everyone else has lost family members since they all banded together.

From the EW Spoiler Room:

The coming ‘love’ triangle between Hal/Maggie/Ben has a lot of us on edge. Can you give us any information about Hal and Maggie’s future that can boost our spirits? We need them together! Thanks! – Nettie

I would feel really bad if I had to tell you Hal and Maggie were done, so it’s a good thing I don’t! Sunday’s episode of Falling Skies, which is titled “A Thing With Feathers,” shows the 2nd Mass trying to pick up the pieces after an alien attack. Bad news: That attack leaves Maggie fighting for her life. Good news: It also leaves Hal fighting for Maggie!

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/08/spoiler-room-dallas-arrow-the-mindy-project/2/

Spoilers for upcoming Episodes 9 and 10 (so starts Team Haggie v. Team Baggie, looks like even Matt could get a girlfriend)..

Falling Skies Episode: "Till Death Do Us Part"
Season 4, Episode 9

Episode Synopsis: Tom and a team track the Volm in an attempt to find equipment to work on a crippled airship. Meanwhile, Maggie and Ben inch closer together at camp while Pope and Sara clash.
Original Air Date: Aug 17, 2014
Guest Cast
Treva Etienne
Mira Sorvino: Sara
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/falling-skies-2014/episode-9-season-4/till-death-do-us-part/309031

Falling Skies Season 4 Episode 9 "Til Death Do Us Part" Photos
http://www.spoilersguide.com/falling-skies/season-4-episode-9-til-death-do-us-part-photos/

Falling Skies Episode: "Drawing Straws"
Season 4, Episode 10

Episode Synopsis: Tom and the 2nd Mass learn to pilot an airship as part of a perilous mission to destroy the Espheni power core. Meanwhile, long-standing issues impact the group as the threat of death hangs over them.
Original Air Date: Aug 24, 2014
Guest Cast
Treva Etienne
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/falling-skies-2014/episode-10-season-4/drawing-straws/309031

Falling Skies Season 4 Spoilers: Hal, Ben, and Maggie Love Triangle; Finale Air Date and Time

http://www.theepochtimes.com/n3/817761-falling-skies-season-4-spoilers-hal-ben-and-maggie-love-triangle-finale-air-date-and-time/

Edited by tv echo

Falling Skies Episode: "Space Oddity"
Season 4, Episode 11

Episode Synopsis: Part 1 of 2. A mission to destroy the Espheni power core turns complicated when Lexi returns. Elsewhere, Lexi takes drastic measures when an airship malfunctions, and the 2nd Mass fears an Espheni attack.
Original Air Date: Aug 31, 2014
Guest Cast
Treva Etienne
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/falling-skies-2014/episode-11-season-4/space-oddity/309031

Falling Skies Episode: "Shoot the Moon"
Season 4, Episode 12

Episode Synopsis: In the conclusion of the two-part Season 4 finale, Tom and Lexi must triumph over Tom's mortal enemy as they desperately try to destroy the all-powerful Espheni power core. Elsewhere, the 2nd Mass faces a terrifying new Espheni bomb.
Original Air Date: Aug 31, 2014
Guest Cast
Mira Sorvino
Treva Etienne
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/falling-skies-2014/episode-12-season-4/shoot-the-moon/309031

Not much new, but some interesting info...

Falling Skies (TNT) Sunday, 9 p.m. - "Space Oddity" and "Shoot the Moon"

Two-part season finale! - We've talked before about why Falling Skies is facing its fifth and final season next year. Though the numbers for season four have certainly remained strong for TNT, they've been the weakest the series has ever put up, hitting all-time lows for Live+Same Day viewers three separate times, including two weeks ago. The numbers Falling Skies pulls in are certainly not shabby, and they'd look positively great on another network, but it's an expensive show, and TNT is a big network that wants to keep its prime-time Sunday programming winning big. So Falling Skies is on it way out, but not without another year to produce a satisfying conclusion for its fans. This week, Tom's mission goes awry, Lexi takes extreme measures, and a new Espheni strike looms. Check out a preview below.

TV THIS WEEK: Falling Skies' finale, Daleks return to Who, and more!
Matthew Jackson Monday, August 25, 2014 - 3:35pm
http://www.blastr.com/2014-8-25/tv-week-falling-skies-finale-daleks-return-who-and-more

Edited by tv echo

Without reliable power, defeating the Espheni is doable, particularly if their harness control over the skitters depends upon it. I would think it interesting to see people adapting to skitter renegades who must settle down, instead of considerately all being massacred off screen. It could be interesting in particular for Ben and Denny. 

I suspect that a lot of the last season will be about intrigue with the new aliens though.