Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: A Whisper Of Desire

• Start Topic

Great another episode where Roland is an inconsiderate schitt. 

This episode wasn’t as great as the last couple but I did like Patrick’s audition. Everything else didn’t really work for me, least of all Ted’s mother. 

• Love 1

Me: Noah Reid is dreamy. I appreciate/resent the show's restraint in not getting him shirtless or otherwise scantily clad as they have the other love interests on the show.

::Patrick is cast as the emcee in Cabaret, a part that, since the late 90s revival at least, has been scantily clad::

Me: Well played, Levy.

• Love 5

The small moments always crack me up on this show, like Stevie's shit eating grin after Johnny initially got all flustered around Ted's mom. I also loved when Alexis wanted to high five Stevie for her "whisper of desire" joke. And I loved when Jocelyn said that she wanted to do Cats but people said it was too political.

I always love hearing the crazy stories about Moira's past so between her "how I was discovered" story and casually mentioning that she played Liesl von Trapp when she was 50, I was cracking up.

I want to hear more about Vin Diesel being naked and crying.

As wacky at Moira can be, she did seem to have a very specific vision which she managed to coax out of Patrick so maybe she will be good at directing (which is really just telling people what to do and we know she's good at that).

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 12
On 2/20/2019 at 1:24 AM, GSManiac said:

Great another episode where Roland is an inconsiderate schitt. 

This episode wasn’t as great as the last couple but I did like Patrick’s audition. Everything else didn’t really work for me, least of all Ted’s mother. 

The "Roland" character has never really provided much in the way of comedy or much in the way of most anything else. I've always found this actor to be very marginal. Every time he appears on the screen I get the feeling that he is there for some strange purpose - like maybe the producers owe him some big favor - like maybe he saved the life of one of their children long ago and so they feel obligated to provide him with a job. He has always been a big negative in an otherwise positive show. Both the character and the actor just bring the whole show down.

If the producers are reading this ... please please please get rid of this character. He is nothing except bad news (well ... he is also bad acting). A real shit in Shitts Creek.

AAMOF, the entire series seems to be running out of steam. I get the feeling this show would have been great with 4 seasons and this 5th season exists just because the network couldn't find anything better to show us. Time to cancel this show now.

Just my opinion. I do not mean to offend anyone else who has always loved this show. I used to really like it as well. But no more. IMHO, this show has jumped the shark and jumped everything else as well.

• Love 5

Chris Elliott, for reasons unknown to me, seems to be much loved by comedians and comic actors. Maybe because of his dad being Bob of the old comedy team "Bob and Ray" or maybe he's just a super nice guy, or maybe his brand of "humor" is something other people appreciate? I don't get it, but he gets steady work and I've read that people in comedy love working with him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
(edited)
On 2/27/2019 at 10:55 PM, Nordly Beaumont said:

Chris Elliott, for reasons unknown to me, seems to be much loved by comedians and comic actors. Maybe because of his dad being Bob of the old comedy team "Bob and Ray" or maybe he's just a super nice guy, or maybe his brand of "humor" is something other people appreciate? I don't get it, but he gets steady work and I've read that people in comedy love working with him.

There have been other cases in this industry where someone with a pronounced lack of talent is kept around because they supply others with things not usually available to most people. This could be almost any kind of product or service. It could even be something as innocent as emotional comfort or the fact that he just makes people happy or that people just like him. Go figure. The only production I ever enjoyed on which he was an actor was "Theres Something about Mary" which I thought was a terrific film.

Edited by MisterBluxom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 2/27/2019 at 9:44 PM, MisterBluxom said:

The "Roland" character has never really provided much in the way of comedy or much in the way of most anything else. I've always found this actor to be very marginal. Every time he appears on the screen I get the feeling that he is there for some strange purpose - like maybe the producers owe him some big favor - like maybe he saved the life of one of their children long ago and so they feel obligated to provide him with a job. He has always been a big negative in an otherwise positive show. Both the character and the actor just bring the whole show down.

If the producers are reading this ... please please please get rid of this character. He is nothing except bad news (well ... he is also bad acting). A real shit in Shitts Creek.

AAMOF, the entire series seems to be running out of steam. I get the feeling this show would have been great with 4 seasons and this 5th season exists just because the network couldn't find anything better to show us. Time to cancel this show now.

Just my opinion. I do not mean to offend anyone else who has always loved this show. I used to really like it as well. But no more. IMHO, this show has jumped the shark and jumped everything else as well.

On 2/27/2019 at 10:55 PM, Nordly Beaumont said:

On 3/7/2019 at 1:17 AM, MisterBluxom said:

There have been other cases in this industry where someone with a pronounced lack of talent is kept around because they supply others with things not usually available to most people. This could be almost any kind of product or service. It could even be something as innocent as emotional comfort or the fact that he just makes people happy or that people just like him. Go figure. The only production I ever enjoyed on which he was an actor was "Theres Something about Mary" which I thought was a terrific film.

God, I hate Chris Elliot. He is a wart on an otherwise excellent cast. He has been trading on nepotism and the goodwill of his father's success for over 30 years.

He has no nuance and the only character he can play is Chris Elliot. The lady who plays his wife on this show is way too good for him and as a heterosexual woman, he makes me want to join a convent and never come out.

The fact that they have suggested that he was a local town bad boy that the ladies could not resist in his youth is laugh out loud preposterous. 

Young Eugene Levy was probably more of a bad boy than young Chris Elliot.

Edited by qtpye
  • Love 6