Type keyword(s) to search

S38: Eric Hafemann

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Meet Eric

Hometown: Chicago

Current Residence: Livermore, California

Personal Claim to Fame: I am extremely proud of my profession. It was a lot of hard work and took some serious grit to get where I am. I’m proud of that, and what I am now a part of. Good people! I’m also very proud of being a good dad! I had one of the best father’s on the planet, so I have big shoes to fill.  So far…it’s going pretty good.

Hobbies: Backpacking, basketball, wood working, and pretty much anything outside.

Pet Peeves: My biggest pet peeve is people taking themselves too seriously…come on, relax people. I try to remember that 99.9 percent of the time I am NOT the smartest, coolest, most interesting, deserving, or important person in the room.

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? A picture of my family to remind me why I am playing and why I need to play so hard. A book – something to feed my mind and something to keep me grounded. Most likely my Bible. A surfboard.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I have to say Tony Vlachos. I don’t think we are very similar people but I think we agree fundamentally on how you play the game. Tony was a grinder from start to finish. He understands that EVERY piece of the game, EVERY moment, EVERY situation has value and can be used to influence your outcome. I think most players only identify the most obvious parts of Survivor as pieces on the board, when in reality, every last detail is a movable piece. It’s going to be my goal to be “ON” all the time in the game. In other words, to never stop playing. I plan to work angles everywhere and with everyone…all the time. I think this is how you win, by paying attention to the details and then playing off of them. Tony did that I think, and so will I.

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-edge-of-extinction-cast-gallery/#eric-hafemann 

On 2/11/2019 at 8:12 AM, Whimsy said:

Meet Eric

Hometown: Chicago

Current Residence: Livermore, California

Personal Claim to Fame: I am extremely proud of my profession. It was a lot of hard work and took some serious grit to get where I am. I’m proud of that, and what I am now a part of. Good people! I’m also very proud of being a good dad! I had one of the best father’s on the planet, so I have big shoes to fill.  So far…it’s going pretty good.

Hobbies: Backpacking, basketball, wood working, and pretty much anything outside.

Pet Peeves: My biggest pet peeve is people taking themselves too seriously…come on, relax people. I try to remember that 99.9 percent of the time I am NOT the smartest, coolest, most interesting, deserving, or important person in the room.

If You Could Have 3 Things on the Island What Would They Be and Why? A picture of my family to remind me why I am playing and why I need to play so hard. A book – something to feed my mind and something to keep me grounded. Most likely my Bible. A surfboard.

SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: I have to say Tony Vlachos. I don’t think we are very similar people but I think we agree fundamentally on how you play the game. Tony was a grinder from start to finish. He understands that EVERY piece of the game, EVERY moment, EVERY situation has value and can be used to influence your outcome. I think most players only identify the most obvious parts of Survivor as pieces on the board, when in reality, every last detail is a movable piece. It’s going to be my goal to be “ON” all the time in the game. In other words, to never stop playing. I plan to work angles everywhere and with everyone…all the time. I think this is how you win, by paying attention to the details and then playing off of them. Tony did that I think, and so will I.

https://ew.com/tv/survivor-edge-of-extinction-cast-gallery/#eric-hafemann 

Ugh like Tony? HARD PASS couldn't stand that tool 

On 2/11/2019 at 3:23 PM, Bryce Lynch said:

He seems like the rare, humble alpha male.  

Really?  Maybe you are being sarcastic I can't tell.

He is proud of himself for being a fire fighter and fire fighters in general, which I agree with but I don't know I would run around saying I'm so proud of myself.  Proud of his dad, Proud of his fathering skills....he sounds like a proud guy.  But then says people who take themselves too seriously are a pet peeve.  Sounds like he is describing himself.  

On 2/13/2019 at 8:52 AM, marys1000 said:

Really?  Maybe you are being sarcastic I can't tell.

He is proud of himself for being a fire fighter and fire fighters in general, which I agree with but I don't know I would run around saying I'm so proud of myself.  Proud of his dad, Proud of his fathering skills....he sounds like a proud guy.  But then says people who take themselves too seriously are a pet peeve.  Sounds like he is describing himself.  

I think he actually seems pretty humble, which is rare for the alpha male types, who tend to be arrogant.

(edited)

Anyone here watch Head of the Class back in the day? Every time I looked at Eric, all I could see was a grown up Arvid, who'd ditched his glasses, buffed up, and gotten some tattoos. It prevented me from ever finding him attractive.

gettyimages-462255220-1024x1024.jpg

Edited by ljenkins782
  • LOL 3