Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Door County Cherry

Perry Mason (2020)

Matthew Rhys will star in Perry Mason adaptation for HBO:

Based on the characters created by Erle Stanley Gardner, HBO's Perry Mason will follow the character at a time in his life when he is living check-to-check as a low-rent private investigator. Mason is haunted by his wartime experiences in France and is suffering the effects of a broken marriage.

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming series.  For discussion of the CBS show and the later movies, please use the other Perry Mason thread.. 

The good news is that at least this plot setup means they'll be aiming for a period piece, which will be interesting.

But... is anyone really interested in Perry Mason in that period of his life?  It could STILL have been a period piece in the 1930s when he was a lawyer instead of the 1920s when he wasn't.

12 hours ago, Kromm said:

But... is anyone really interested in Perry Mason in that period of his life?  It could STILL have been a period piece in the 1930s when he was a lawyer instead of the 1920s when he wasn't.

I'm not interested but I'm also not not interested.  I'm interested enough in the time period, the character and the actor to give it a chance. 

• Like 3