Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E14: Laura Linney, Saoirse Ronan, Timothee Chalamet, Stephen Mangan, The 1975

• Start Topic

Graham is joined by Laura Linney, returning to the London stage in the critically-acclaimed My Name is Lucy Barton, Saoirse Ronan who plays the title role in Mary Queen of Scots, Timothee Chalamet talks about the addiction drama Beautiful Boy, and Stephen Mangan talks about The Portrait Artist of the Year. With music from The 1975, who perform their current single It's Not Living (If It's Not With You).

There was something about the two women running in place for most of the song that made me mad. It felt, I don't know, gladitorial, maybe? Definitely 'exert yourself meaninglessly for my entertainment, young women!' I mean, it's not like it's choreography, although I suppose that would be the defense mounted by whoever staged this thing. Blergh.

Laura Linney is all right, isn't she. She seems thoughtful and interested in others. Stephen Mangan is always a good addition, and I would watch that show if it aired on this side of the pond.

Saoirse and Timothee were fine. They're just both so young! (And here is where I lodge my obligatory-yet-impotent complaint about Mary QoS having a Scottish accent in films. She was raised in France!)  Having a film premiere at Edinburgh Castle would be awesome, I think. Going to one there would be awesome!

Edited by attica
  • Love 3
20 hours ago, attica said:

And here is where I lodge my obligatory-yet-impotent complaint about Mary QoS having a Scottish accent in films. She was raised in France!

He! Nobody ever complains about Richard the Lionheart's impeccable English - even when it comes with a Scottish tinge LOL!

On 2/4/2019 at 7:53 AM, attica said:

Laura Linney is all right, isn't she. She seems thoughtful and interested in others. Stephen Mangan is always a good addition, and I would watch that show if it aired on this side of the pond.

I have a total girl crush on Laura Linney.  She should be cast in everything, in my opinion.

The audio of Saoirse's contest winning was hilarious!

• Love 2

This was very enjoyable. Laura Linney was wonderful. I love her laugh. Stephen Mangan was great.

I was worried about Timothy Chalamet because when he won an award for Call Me By Your Name (I think a SAG), he was so awkward and YOUNG when he spoke. Maybe he was just excited, understandably. Anyway, he was tolerable here.

• Love 1