Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: My Brother’s Keeper

ohjoy

Doesn't seem like a good sign that, the further I watch this season, the fewer comments there are here.

You know, if all we are waiting for with Billy is for him to remember who Frank is and what Frank did, this is a waste of our time. It's interesting for Billy. Not so much for us..

If Billy becomes a different person as a result of his trauma, and acts differently, THAT is something of interest to viewers. But given what we have seen and heard about "you are who you really are," I'm betting waste of our time, unfortunately.

Edited by Ottis
  • Love 4

The song that was playing during the scene with Amy in the trailer- "I don't know what to do with myself"- feels like it should be the theme song for this season.

There are a lot of different stories going on, but none of them seem to be going anywhere, and they're pulling good characters (and actors) in knots trying to shoehorn them all together.

• Love 3

I'm over Billy and his repetitive issues.

The whole Pilgrim and Schultz family storyline has been weak and poorly developed as is.  Putting it completely on the back burner does it no favors whatsoever.  Did the writers really bother to develop it from the beginning or did they throw it in late in the game?

The Russo storyline is the stronger of the two but I'm starting to think that Season 2 of The Punisher should have made a clean break from it.  It's dragging it down like an anchor, retreading the same ground.

Edited by benteen
  • Love 3
On 1/25/2019 at 7:25 PM, benteen said:

I'm over Billy and his repetitive issues.

The whole Pilgrim and Schultz family storyline has been weak and poorly developed as is.  Putting it completely on the back burner does it no favors whatsoever.  Did the writers really bother to develop it from the beginning or did they throw it in late in the game?

The Russo storyline is the stronger of the two but I'm starting to think that Season 2 of The Punisher should have made a clean break from it.  It's dragging it down like an anchor, retreading the same ground.

The Billy story is really starting to lose me. I don't care about his psychological issues, the veterans ignored by society thing feels like a retread of last year and the scenes with him and his therapist make me fall asleep. It would have been cool if she had killed him earlier in the season and become the bad guy by manipulating the other vets.

The Schultz thing is ok for me but it seems like all Amy would have to do is release the pictures and it would eliminate a lot of the threat. If only Frank knew someone who worked for a newspaper.

• Love 1

The issue I have with the Russo storyline is that I wished they really did have Dumont be the one manipulating him and using him for her nefarious purposes.  In other words, have her be the big baddie instead.  But instead, it looks like they're having her truly fall for him, and it really does just feel like boring variation of the Joker/Harley Quinn relationship, and just a huge waste of Floriana Lima, which sucks since I really do like her.  Meanwhile, Ben Barnes is certainly a charismatic presence, but him forming some kind of street crew made up of disenfranchised veterans and soldiers just feels too obvious.

And now this stuff with Madani possibly "turning Frank in" to Mahoney seems like more treading ground, because I just don't see her doing that.  Also, I kind of wish this show referenced the other shows more, because I feel like that during their debate, she should have mentioned Fisk and how he was able to keep dodging the law, and maybe that's why they need the likes of Frank, Matt, and whatnot.

Not sure if it is a good thing or a bad thing that the Curtis/Amy scenes were the best parts. 

• Love 1