Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: Driver’s Eddie 2: Orlando Drift

I am pleasantly surprised Jessica wasn't terrible in this episode.

Yes she was strict with Eddy but she had perfectly good reasoning each time and there was no vengeful tit for tat which they so like to write for her. Come on show, turn it around! I know you can! 

I really enjoyed their storyline and LOVED the bit where Eddie looked in the mirror and saw Jessica.

Her to do lists made me laugh! That is my life and I only have one kid! I can't imagine what it must be like with 3! 

• Love 3

I liked this episode better, but only because I LOVE Eddie's friends. They really steal the show. I wish they'd get rid of Jessica and keep the friends. But I was surprised that they were so flabbergasted by the juggalos. In the late 90s everyone knew what the juggalos were like, especially other ICP fans.

• Love 2

Ha, I loved seeing Eddie and his friends at the ICP show. Well, not even the show - just outside in the parking lot.

Although I understand why Eddie was so annoyed that Jessica expected him to miss the concert, I was glad that he finally began to understand and appreciate how much stuff Jessica does for the family. The refrigerator doesn't magically fill itself. Spending your afternoons chauffeuring three kids around is time consuming, boring, and annoying but Eddie just took it for granted that his mom had nothing else to do.

I totally cracked up at the first dinner Eddie ever made: ramen with cut up hot dogs and cool ranch Doritos!

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ClareWalks said:

I liked this episode better, but only because I LOVE Eddie's friends. They really steal the show. I wish they'd get rid of Jessica and keep the friends. But I was surprised that they were so flabbergasted by the juggalos. In the late 90s everyone knew what the juggalos were like, especially other ICP fans.

I didn't mind this aspect of the episode because I think it's one thing to be generally aware of juggalos from TV and whatnot, and to decide you and your four homeys are ICP fans you want to go to the concert...and at the same time it's believable to me for them to get there and be completely overwhelmed by the reality of it. They're not old enough to have realistically been to a ton of huge concerts like that, so add the extra layer I thought it was reasonable enough that that particular crew talks the talk but didn't realize until they got there that maybe they don't really walk the walk. Or even maybe just Eddie. It struck me as plausible.

• Love 7

I love Eddie's friends! 

We finally saw Honey and Marvin together. It's been a long time. 

Cracked up at Jessica calling the PTA worker "Meatball" continuously and at Jessica thinking someone would bid on a dinner with her. 

• Love 3
21 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

Jessica was still Jessica but didn't enrage me as usual. I don't mind this version.I

The vegetable jewelry me laugh. I would have spent a few bucks for one or two.

I think this is where they sometimes (well many times this season) fail with her. This season they have written her as petty and illogical. Doing things to one up someone, to win or out of some vengeful agenda which is really hateful and makes no sense.

In this ep she was Jessica like usual, had her big ego, made fun of the vegetable jewellery woman but everything she did made sense. She was right about every day having it's own to do list and therefor can't snowball, she actually needed to drive the Meatball woman home (so she wasn't being petty for the sake of it) and she steamrolled through the auction for a date with her with all the usual Jessica ego and gusto. It was very her but they managed to not cross that line into absurdity and pure nastiness.  

I wonder if this is what they aim for every ep but usually just take it too far.

• Love 7

I agree this was a better episode.  I'm glad this show can still bring some laughs so it's not a total write-off.  I thought the vegetable jewelry would be surprisingly popular at the auction but I guess not, LOL.  Jessica was actually funny for once with her ridiculous attempt at auction speak.