Type keyword(s) to search

Wait, I've seen them before: SFU Cast in Other Roles

I absolutely LOVED Francis Conroy in American Horror Story last season! I haven't seen the previous two seasons.

Don't really care for Parenthood or Peter Krause's role there. He'll always be Nate to me.

I watched Dexter but Michael C. Hall's range seemed rather limited in that role, and that show really went on too long.

I thought that Brothers & Sisters was going to be the best TV show in decades, considering it had such a great cast. Wrong. Stupid and soapy. Rachel Griffiths was only one cast member whose talent was wasted.

I'm still waiting for Lauren's next prime role.

• Love 1

Oh, I almost forgot about Richard Jenkins. Would SFU have been the same with another actor playing Nathaniel Fisher? Probably. But RJ was perfect with his lanky frame and sad, expressive eyes. I mostly have seen RJ in theatrical parts as opposed to television.

Also, I just noticed on a recent rewatch that Timm Sharp who played Andy (Gabe's dickhead buddy who smoked the embalming fluid-laced pot) also played Amy Jellicoe's boss Dougie on Enlightened.

I remember that there was just one familiar face after another, when I was rewatching season 4 two years ago.

It's amazing how many now-famous people guested back in the day on this show!  Just this week I saw Chris Pine (Jim Kirk in the Star Trek reboot movies) as a Dead-Guy-Of-The-Week, and Jenna Fischer (Pam from The Office) as one of Rico's short-term girlfriends (no pun intended!).  Another DGOTW was Beth Grant, a character actress who many would recognize, who saw the helium-filled blow-up sex dolls, and ran in traffic thinking it was the Rapture.  Josh Radner (Ted from HIMYM) was a DGOTW who disappeared years ago, and was found by hikers in his VW Beetle.

I'm not a huge fan of Brenda, but I do love Rachel Griffiths.  Her best role was the first one I saw her in, as Rhonda in Muriel's Wedding.  She delivered the best, bitchiest insult ever heard in a movie, "The truth? I tell the truth too. Nicole's having an affair with Chook. Muriel saw them fucking in the laundry on your wedding day. Stick your drink up your ass, Tania!  I'd rather swallow razor blades than drink with you."

Edited by Kat From Jersey
  • Love 4
(edited)

Richard Jenkins is brilliant in "THE VISITOR" film. He was nominated for an Oscar for his performance.

Lauren Ambrose is in a good film "STARTING OUT IN THE EVENING" with Frank Langella and SFU's Lili Taylor.

Rainn Wilson {Arthur} is in a new Fox show "BACKSTROM" which I haven't watched yet.

Sandra O {Grey's Anatomy}

Dean Norris {Breaking Bad; Under The Dome}

Shawn Hatosy {Southland}

Michael Cudlitz {Southland; Walking Dead} ==frontier wilderness hike instructor.

Steve Pasquale(sic) {Rescue Me}==square dance instructor; ecstasy pill provider ;-)

Edited by DJ DAVE
  • Love 3

Peter Krause was in The Lost Room which is hands down one of the best mini-series I have ever seen. It could have easily been turned into a few seasons of greatness. *sigh*

• Love 1

Lauren Ambrose has been nominated for a Tony! She is up for best performance by an actress in a leading role in a role for playing Eliza in the revival of My Fair Lady. She's up against Hailey Kilgore in Once on This Island, LaChanze in Summer (she won for The Color Purple in 2006), Katrina Lenk in The Band's Visit, Taylor Louderman in Mean Girls, and Jessie Mueller in Carousel (she won for Beautiful in 2014),

• Love 1

Yeah, I saw that.  I did watch Kidnapped (unfortunately), but, didn't see Suburgatory.  

Has anyone seen the show Safe, posted about above, that Michael C. Hall was to star in on Netflix? That looks really interesting. 

On 8/27/2014 at 1:33 PM, Kat From Jersey said:

It's amazing how many now-famous people guested back in the day on this show!  Just this week I saw Chris Pine (Jim Kirk in the Star Trek reboot movies) as a Dead-Guy-Of-The-Week, and Jenna Fischer (Pam from The Office) as one of Rico's short-term girlfriends (no pun intended!).  Another DGOTW was Beth Grant, a character actress who many would recognize, who saw the helium-filled blow-up sex dolls, and ran in traffic thinking it was the Rapture.  Josh Radner (Ted from HIMYM) was a DGOTW who disappeared years ago, and was found by hikers in his VW Beetle.

I'm not a huge fan of Brenda, but I do love Rachel Griffiths.  Her best role was the first one I saw her in, as Rhonda in Muriel's Wedding.  She delivered the best, bitchiest insult ever heard in a movie, "The truth? I tell the truth too. Nicole's having an affair with Chook. Muriel saw them fucking in the laundry on your wedding day. Stick your drink up your ass, Tania!  I'd rather swallow razor blades than drink with you."

I didn't care for Brenda either, though she probably never had a chance with those parents, but I loved her in Muriel's Wedding too. One of my favorite films!

I also liked Patricia Clarkson, who played Ruth's sister. I don't remember whether The Green Mile or Pieces of April were before or after the series ran, but she is awesome in both films. 

• Love 1