Type keyword(s) to search

Lip Sync Battle - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It was magical! I loved little Luna reaching for them. I loved how fairly reasonably Big Bird Lip Synced.  He was definitely better than Jason Schwartzman. I loved the guest stars that showed up. It was perfection. 

• Love 2

Damn, those Sesame Street muppeteers are incredible. Big Bird was possibly one of the best Lip Sync battlers we've seen on the show, even with him beak-sync'ing, even before he pulled in the SesameStreet Pose. 🙂 

I don't know if Jason Scwartsman just threw the competition, or if he just isn't that great of a syncer. I have no idea what he was doing with We didn't Start the fire, and between the fake 'stache and all the movements, he barely did anything on the second song. 

The Bird, on the other hand, is Da Word. BB stole the show. I didn't watch much of the filler, but what bits I did see certainly expressed the Sesame Street spirit too, with how friendly and caring he was to everyone else. 

And as I said before, even though his syncing is just a flapping beak, it was spot on. Doing all that while in that costume and doing the movements; man hats off to everyone there. 

• Love 2

This was the cutest episode ever. Luna reaching for Big Bird and her face when she saw Cookie and Elmo was so adorable. I almost wish that another character performed instead of Jason Swartzman so it wasnt so obvious who was going to win.

• Love 3

I came here to say the same thing. I haven't really seen Big Bird in action much so when this started, my husband and I didn't he (they?) could do much actual, as Chrissy said, beak syncing, but that incredible. We were cheering! Two middle-aged folks on the couch cheering Big Bird. And Luna is adorable.

That's the kind of feel-good stuff I watch this show for, whether it's suggestive, bleeped profanity feel-good, when it's hilarious to watch LL Cool J dad out, or a kid's character be bopping and wishing they both could win. 

Schwartzman was weird. It's not like I like the song We Didn't Start the Fire but it's a weird choice for this show and he did it about as badly as possible. "Hey, let me act a complete fool (which is usually perfect for this show) while lip syncing a list of decades of devastating tragedies. Wanna carrot?" Like, you're on with Big Bird. Do Fly Like an Eagle or When Doves Cry or something better bird-titled. Any songs about chickens?

• Love 3

For some reason I don't like the new sets and I don't like that so many of the new seasons have been more gimmicky to me - either a tribute to a certain artist or having more than 2 compete against each other. 

I did love Big Bird, though.  That one was spectacular.  

• Love 1

I've never watched American Ninja Warrior so I didn't know who the two guys were but they both were fantastic. The Cher performance was next level.  When the camera shot over to LL and Akbar they're faces were priceless.

(edited)

They've been hosting ANW for years now and have excellent chemistry as we saw in LSB. They're clearly good friends to be able to roast eachother so well. 

I think I might need some brain bleach for that Cher though. 😛

The VIP reactions were great, but so were Matt's parents reactions too. Sadly, my PVR recording hiccuped a lot during the airing, but luckily it's up on the official LSB Youtube Channel already. 🙂

And Matt did get the win, but it was close; I want to see both back sometime. 🙂

Or maybe they can show up on RuPaul's Drag race sometime for more cross promotion. 🙂

Edited by Taeolas
(edited)
On 6/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, joanne3482 said:

For some reason I don't like the new sets and I don't like that so many of the new seasons have been more gimmicky to me - either a tribute to a certain artist or having more than 2 compete against each other. 

I did love Big Bird, though.  That one was spectacular.  

I haven't watched in a while for the same reasons. But I was looking for something else and saw this thread had recent posts so I thought I'd see if it had gotten any better, so I just pulled up the Big Bird episode on demand. Jason standing next to BB is hilarious.

Don't see Matt and Akbar up there but I'll have to check back.

Edited by ams1001