Type keyword(s) to search

Lethal Weapon - General Discussion

• Start Topic

It's sad because it was a show that should have gone on for years and been rather successful, but all the behind the scenes b.s. killed it. I feel sorry for the crew. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, non sequitur said:

I was hoping they would give it another chance, despite all the problems. I really liked SWS as a lead in this role. It's unfortunate the show was doomed.

Not to be a smart ass, as I don't mean it that way, but wasn't renewing for Season 3 after all of the drama between Crawford and Wayans giving it a chance? I was shocked when the show was renewed last year. I think all of the bad blood just soured too many people, and the lower numbers this past season essentially sealed its fate.

• Love 4

Lethal Weapon had a reprieve of a season, and I'm very happy it did since it was a very entertaining one (unlike the crappy S2). Too bad it wasn't on CBS, they renewed shows with worse numbers LOL.

I've always suspected the last two episodes were there to wrap up the show and the cast & crew knew it. Maggie Lawson will star in the comedy Outmatched that FOX picked up for next season, I hope to see other S3 cast members elsewhere, especially Sean William Scott.

• Love 2
On 5/11/2019 at 2:16 AM, WendyCR72 said:

Not to be a smart ass, as I don't mean it that way, but wasn't renewing for Season 3 after all of the drama between Crawford and Wayans giving it a chance? I was shocked when the show was renewed last year. I think all of the bad blood just soured too many people, and the lower numbers this past season essentially sealed its fate.

Yes. I'm sorry for the people working on the show, who wanted it to continue, and to the fans who also wanted it to keep going, but I was put off by all of that. Also, knowing that Wayans didn't want to be there, left me not wanting to watch anymore. I loved the first season, but if Wayans didn't want to do the show (I think I read that a year ago, after the drama had gone on for a while), then they should have gone with someone else. 

• Love 3
On 5/10/2019 at 11:16 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Not to be a smart ass, as I don't mean it that way, but wasn't renewing for Season 3 after all of the drama between Crawford and Wayans giving it a chance? I was shocked when the show was renewed last year.

Agreed, it was. I know the majority of fans quit the show at that point. They probably shouldn't have bothered renewing it at all.

• Love 2

I think they renewed it partly because of all of the attention they got from the leaks, gossip, and all of that.

Someone here would also share the viewership percentages, and said that nothing had really changed - but I don't think that shows the rest of the world. Just the US. If the numbers were down overseas, I think that could affect things. I grew up in England, and we had a number of American shows. Channel Four showed Golden Girls, Roseanne, Cheers, Oprah, Family Ties, Cosby Show, Bewitched, and many more. BBC Two had Perfect Strangers. Another channel had things like Head of the Class. Of course, cable was a growing trend over there, just before we moved here, so that might not matter - but it would also mean more channels on which to broadcast things. New Amsterdam is on Amazon Prime over there. Lucifer was there, too (a friend binged it there, and was hooked, just before it was cancelled over here).