Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: Paris

From thetvdb.com:

Dr. Daniel Pierce’s picture-perfect new life in Paris is suddenly turned upside down after he is approached by the FBI legat to help with a dangerous international case. Meanwhile, his assistant Max Lewicki and Dean Paul Haley plot to get Pierce to return to Chicago.

• Love 1

I can't get "I Love Paris" out of my head now.  Eric McCormack really does have a good voice.  (And the show Can-Can doesn't get done enough.)

It's too bad Daniel can't have a relationship but I can see that it works better for the show this way.  Good suspenseful case.

I really like the Moretti/Donnie relationship. They're good together and now that they are together, the Daniel/Kate shipping is done (on the show at least).  I wish more shows were willing to let one of the leads have a longterm functional relationship outside of each other.

"Go to Point Zero, walk 20 paces west, and bury the pen under a marked cobblestone in broad daylight, in plain view of hundreds of passers-by.  Because that is so much more secure, than, say, putting it in your pocket and waiting until someone comes to collect it, or sticking it in an envelope and dropping it in the mail."

Who writes this crap?!??

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm not entirely certain the Daniel/Kate possibilities are completely dead (even though I want them to be). She is still the only woman that is willing to/can deal with his "issues", but I knew Donnie wouldn't miss the opportunity to propose...in Paris! I like Donnie/Kate together so we'll see how long this lasts...

(Yeah, that shower scene was kind of awkward. LOL It's like they used a bad take or something.)

Edited by indeed
"Go to Point Zero, walk 20 paces west, and bury the pen under a marked cobblestone in broad daylight, in plain view of hundreds of passers-by.  Because that is so much more secure, than, say, putting it in your pocket and waiting until someone comes to collect it, or sticking it in an envelope and dropping it in the mail."

Who writes this crap?!??

I thought the point was that the whole process was supposed to be ridiculous so that Daniel would look totally unhinged. Which, mission accomplished!

• Love 1
the whole process was supposed to be ridiculous so that Daniel would look totally unhinged.

The premise of the show as I understand it, is that despite being loony-tunes, he is brilliant.  So why did he not say to Fake-Legate-Guy, "You keep popping up around me, so I'll put the pen in my pocket and next time you pop up I'll just hand it to you.  And none of the Boys Own Adventure stuff."

I also took the "hide the pen in broad daylight in a public place" instructions as designed to make Daniel look as though he'd completely lost it.  I actually thought he had lost it until the end of the episode.  This is one of my favorite shows simply because I'm never sure if what I'm looking at is real or not.  It's a nice change from playing "spot the trope" on most detective shows.

• Love 1

It's the fact that Daniel never knows what's real and what isn't that made the pen thing work, both for Daniel and the spy who wanted to make him look crazy.

I find Donnie/Kate sweet rather than sexy. And I really want him to stick around because Daniel needs a male friend who isn't either his boss or him employee, and I hate the idea of Daniel and Kate together.

• Love 1

From what I understand they are not giving up on Daniel and Kate. I personally would rather see Kate with someone else, not Donnie or Daniel, and they all still find a way to work together.  Did they explain how Lewicki was paying the bills or was Daniel still paying bills?  I would like to see him have a relationship with someone that can handle his issues. The story last night was very boring. 

Did everyone notice that, in the montage shown while McCormak was singing "I Love Paris," we see the false Legate/FBI agent step into view as the police drag Serge the Spy away?  Perhaps the story is not yet over! 

• Love 2

I can't get "I Love Paris" out of my head now.  Eric McCormack really does have a good voice.

Lovely. An excellent close to a strong season opener. It actually brought a tear to my eye.

I agree with @indeed that the Kate/Daniel destiny is still hovering on the distant horizon.