Type keyword(s) to search

Remington Steele - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I love the sort of irony of Pierce Brosnan having an art exhibit when he played Thomas Crown [in the 1999 remake], who liked to spend his days at the museum, looking at art.

Then his little art caper. 😉

I also love the irony of Remington quoting Steve McQueen's Thomas Crown Affair in season three? Who knew that Pierce would go on to play his character roughly 10 years later!

• Like 2
(edited)

“Beg, Borrow, or Steele” should have been the series finale. “Steele Alive and Kicking”  was stupid and I guess Gary Frank wasn’t available to play doofus cop? Then again, Taxier’s cop was the murderer so Jarvis couldn’t be the investigator.

And now I’m heading to rewatch my other favorite 80s show: Scarecrow & Mrs. King.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule

Since we've been talking about this show lately, I decided to watch some season one episodes last night.  In "Steele Trap" (the And Then There Were None episode), I love Stephanie's line delivery when Laura says about Randi having been a patient of the doctor Steele is pretending to be yet doesn't realize it's a different person:  He must have thrown in a lobotomy.

But it always bugs me that when Laura wants to use Tracy Lord as her undercover name, Mr. Movie Buff doesn't react to that being the name of Katherine Hepburn's character in The Philadelphia Story (and Grace Kelly's character in the musical version, High Society).  He should have been excited, thinking she was picking a movie character name like he does (as he gets excited whenever she actually knows a movie reference of his, let alone comes up with her own), and then been bummed when it turns out she didn't know, she just likes the name.

5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

“Beg, Borrow, or Steele” should have been the series finale. 

I love that episode so much.  No matter how many times I watch it, I never fail to laugh myself silly at Pierce's delivery on "We seem to have misplaced Laura Holt's urn".  Or at the "Must be from your side" exchange.  Or Laura's hunger-induced temper tantrum -- I love her throwing her tray and then, when he asks her if she feels better, grabbing his and throwing that one, too.

And I love when she's had it, after there's something crawling on her leg in the shelter cot, saying she's going to go tell the police she's not dead, take a shower, and sleep in her bed, and he tells her to do it, this is his problem and she's done enough.  So, of course, she crawls back into the nasty cot with him.

It's also quite sweet that Laura made Mildred the beneficiary of her corporate life insurance policy.  It makes all the sense in the world for him to have done so, but she has family she could have chosen, yet she picked Mildred.  I know it's just a plot point, to make Jarvis suspect Mildred.  But life insurance is meant to replace your income for those who'd been depending on it, so making Mildred the beneficiary works well -- if they die, she's out of a job.  At her age, she's not going to immediately snag another one, and certainly not one where she's part of the work family the way she is here.  So they take care of her.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I love that episode so much.  No matter how many times I watch it, I never fail to laugh myself silly at Pierce's delivery on "We seem to have misplaced Laura Holt's urn".  Or at the "Must be from your side" exchange.  Or Laura's hunger-induced temper tantrum -- I love her throwing her tray and then, when he asks her if she feels better, grabbing his and throwing that one, too.

And I love when she's had it, after there's something crawling on her leg in the shelter cot, saying she's going to go tell the police she's not dead, take a shower, and sleep in her bed, and he tells her to do it, this is his problem and she's done enough.  So, of course, she crawls back into the nasty cot with him.

Yes! I meant to add how much Remington’s Aussie accent when he tells Mildred that the Cowan Mortuary lost Laura’s “urn” never fails to make me laugh. And everything else you stated above. 

That’s why the official finale pissed me off so much. And while I have all seasons, I happily skip over that one and “season” five.

(edited)

One thing I have a love/hate relationship with in that episode is that it opens with them coming home from a wedding in NY.  There's no indication it was work related (and if it was, Mildred would have known the bodies couldn't be them, since they were out of town), so one of them had to go to NY for a wedding and invited the other to come along.  Adorable; they're each other's plus ones to everything.  But they're STILL not sleeping together?  Come on.

I mean, "She was wearing a negligee and you still thought it was Miss Holt?" is funny, but also maddening in how utterly ridiculous it is that they're not sleeping together.  After the events of Steele Searching and then Forged Steele, they are so thoroughly committed to each other!

Edited by Bastet
  • Applause 1
25 minutes ago, Bastet said:

One thing I have a love/hate relationship with in that episode is that it opens with them coming home from a wedding in NY.  There's no indication it was work related (and if it was, Mildred would have known the bodies couldn't be them, since they were out of town), so one of them had to go to NY for a wedding and invite the other to come along.  Adorable.  But they're STILL not sleeping together?  Come on.

I mean, "She was wearing a negligee and you still thought it was Miss Holt?" is funny, but also maddening in how utterly ridiculous it is that they're not sleeping together.  After the events of Steele Searching and then Forged Steele, they are so thoroughly committed to each other!

I KNOW! In my head canon, they ARE sleeping together. What? Does Laura just go home after kisses and champagne for each episode that ends at his condo? Please.

The other thing that irritated me during the series was Laura always calling him ”Mr. Steele” after they began a romantic relationship! Annoying still. Call him Harry, or any of those aliases he had if Remington got stuck in her throat.

21 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

What? Does Laura just go home after kisses and champagne for each episode that ends at his condo? Please.

The writers freely admit they ended numerous episodes on scenes that would naturally lead to sex, and then picked back up in the next episode saying they hadn't.  That gets shrugged off as it just being how you do things on television -- draw it out until the end -- and that's true to some extent, especially back then, so I roll with it for the first three seasons quite well.  But they make such tremendous progress in their relationship in the beginning of season four that I can't just shrug it off anymore. 

And the way their relationship is written in the second half of season four, completely regressing their dynamic for no reason, infuriates me.  That's another reason I love "Beg, Borrow, or Steele" so much, because, while there is still the ridiculous lack of sex, the closeness that had been missing from so many prior episodes is back.

And, boy, is it the last great episode, like you said.  "Steele Alive and Kicking" is stupid, and "Bonds of Steele" is infuriating.  If she had just kept on walking when she got out of the limo and let him be deported, I would not have blamed her.

27 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

The other thing that irritated me during the series was Laura always calling him ”Mr. Steele” after they began a romantic relationship! Annoying still. Call him Harry, or any of those aliases he had if Remington got stuck in her throat.

That I have mixed feelings on, as I hate the name Remington to an irrational degree.  So while I think it could work if she alternated between Mr. Steele and Remington the way he does with Miss Holt and Laura (and mimic the Thin Man movies, where the characters sometimes call each other by their first names and sometimes by Mr. Charles and Mrs. Charles), I don't actually want to hear "Remington" coming out of her mouth.  But she wouldn't want to call him by an alias.  She always wanted a real first name to call him, so once she learns he's never going to know his real name, I think in time he'll become Remington to her.  I'm just glad I'm not around for it.

I was very young when this first aired and only remembered I thought Pierce was the most handsome man alive. I do remember hating the 4th season.

I rewatched the whole series back in January/February of this year. The "will they or won't they" just dragged the show down. I would imagine after four seasons of that on its original run if I was older than 11 (the age I was when it ended), I would have walked away feeling this back then.

I also feel it lost something I liked after losing the first season's supportive characters. Yes, Murphy needed to be toned down a lot, but I enjoyed him and Bernice.

13 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

I also feel it lost something I liked after losing the first season's supportive characters. Yes, Murphy needed to be toned down a lot, but I enjoyed him and Bernice.

Same here. I like Mildred fine, but there was something about the first season. For me, part of it was the fact that Murphy and Bernice knew the truth. It was a very different dynamic with Mildred, who hero-worshipped him. While there were opportunities for comedy there, I also found it frustrating.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That's another reason I love "Beg, Borrow, or Steele" so much, because, while there is still the ridiculous lack of sex, the closeness that had been missing from so many prior episodes is back.

And, boy, is it the last great episode, like you said.  "Steele Alive and Kicking" is stupid, and "Bonds of Steele" is infuriating.  If she had just kept on walking when she got out of the limo and let him be deported, I would not have blamed her.

Exactly. I was so happy to see the intimacy and closeness return. 

I also wouldn’t have blamed Laura if she kept walking. In that episode, they undid EVERYTHING. They also had ridiculous episodes I hated. Like the one with Louis Anderson. Ugh. But I do like the one with Rose Marie because I adored Rose Marie.

28 minutes ago, Bastet said:

That I have mixed feelings on, as I hate the name Remington to an irrational degree.  So while I think it could work if she alternated between Mr. Steele and Remington the way he does with Miss Holt and Laura (and mimic the Thin Man movies, where the characters sometimes call each other by their first names and sometimes by Mr. Charles and Mrs. Charles), I don't actually want to hear "Remington" coming out of her mouth.  But she wouldn't want to call him by an alias.  She always wanted a real first name to call him, so once she learns he's never going to know his real name, I think in time he'll become Remington to her.  I'm just glad I'm not around for it.

I get what you’re saying and I just remembered Laura managed to say Remington in the final four episodes and even then it sounded unnatural and awkward.

But overall, this is one of my favorite shows and like you had stated pages back, it did a great job of showing screwball comedies of the 40s. 

(edited)
2 hours ago, AgathaC said:

For me, part of it was the fact that Murphy and Bernice knew the truth. It was a very different dynamic with Mildred, who hero-worshipped him. While there were opportunities for comedy there, I also found it frustrating.

Same here.  Laura had to put up with so much, it was nice that once the client walked out of the office, it was a safe haven for her, where everyone knew she was the boss and respected her.  Mildred gushing over Steele would get my teeth grinding, especially when he encouraged it.

I also liked that, in Bernice, Laura had a like-minded woman to talk to about things.

But there were a lot of times I really enjoyed Mildred, too.  It worked out, I just have a real fondness for the season one dynamic.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 1

I watched some season one and two last night, and one little thing I just adore is Laura's smile in the season two opener when she realizes Steele has joined her in Mexico after all -- she absolutely lights up. 

• Love 1

Good lords, is the actor who plays the fiancée in "Puzzled Steele" related to someone, too?  Because she makes Cassandra Harris look like Katharine Hepburn.  Looking her up, this was her first screen role, and she wasn't even credited (she went on to have a whopping eight more, so she obviously didn't improve).

Yes, I bopped around season three a bit last night, and it's uneven, but the scenery is beautiful with all the international traveling they got to do while the Olympics made it easier to haul the entire production to Europe for a couple of months than try to shoot on location in Los Angeles.  And it amuses me greatly that Stephanie clearly spent all her downtime in the French Riviera lying on a beach.  Bad for the skin, of course, but that's what we did back then.

Although obviously I am glad they work it out, I am 100% Team Laura in "Steele At It" when she says when this case is finished, so are they.  He's on about how she wouldn't have listened to him if he'd told her about Henri and what he wanted to do, but that's utter bullshit -- she'd have shut him down at first, but then when he got all impassioned about helping an old friend and his daughter, she'd have helped.  Like she always does when he lies to her and then comes clean once she has to bail him out of something.  If he'd come to her up front instead she'd have been even quicker to agree -- and could have pointed out his plan wasn't a particularly good one and needed some tweaking.

I absolutely love her "They'll have to take a number" when she's chasing him down the beach and he protests the men behind him want to kill him.  Then they get away from the Palermo Brothers (who aren't from Palermo and aren't brothers) and she straight-up tackles him, demanding to know what's going on.

• Applause 1
9 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Good lords, is the actor who plays the fiancée in "Puzzled Steele" related to someone, too?  Because she makes Cassandra Harris look like Katharine Hepburn.  Looking her up, this was her first screen role, and she wasn't even credited (she went on to have a whopping eight more, so she obviously didn't improve).

And now I'm blanking on who this fiancee is? I'll have to check it out again!

But this:

10 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Although obviously I am glad they work it out, I am 100% Team Laura in "Steele At It" when she says when this case is finished, so are they.  He's on about how she wouldn't have listened to him if he'd told her about Henri and what he wanted to do, but that's utter bullshit -- she'd have shut him down at first, but then when he got all impassioned about helping an old friend and his daughter, she'd have helped.  Like she always does when he lies to her and then comes clean once she has to bail him out of something.  If he'd come to her up front instead she'd have been even quicker to agree -- and could have pointed out his plan wasn't a particularly good one and needed some tweaking.

I absolutely love her "They'll have to take a number" when she's chasing him down the beach and he protests the men behind him want to kill him.  Then they get away from the Palermo Brothers (who aren't from Palermo and aren't brothers) and she straight-up tackles him, demanding to know what's going on.

👏👏👏. I know we talked about this pages and pages back. You know how much I love Pierce and often times than not, I try to excuse Steele's shitty behavior. But here? Nope. Nada. Nyet. TOTALLY TEAM LAURA. And he didn't learn as we saw in "Bonds of Steele" which I try to bleach out of my brain.

(edited)
7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And now I'm blanking on who this fiancee is? I'll have to check it out again!

She only has a few lines.  She's very young (maybe 20, which is really gross since she was slated to marry a guy - one of the bad guys, the one who has the life-size chess board and a staff to move the pieces around - 30 years older) and has a big head of hair.

7 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

And he didn't learn as we saw in "Bonds of Steele"

Hell, he'd already forgotten by "Blue Blooded Steele" when instead of simply telling her Daniel has tried to rope him into one of his schemes again, and he's gone so far Steele has to go to London in order to extricate himself, he pretends Daniel is gravely ill, quite possibly dying, and he wants to go be with him.  (This is especially egregious since Daniel had invited him to bring Laura; it's not like Daniel had begged him for secrecy.)  She, of course, is nice enough that, despite her dislike of Daniel and not wanting him anywhere near Steele under normal circumstances, her immediate instinct is to go with him in order to emotionally support him while he's being there for Daniel, and also understands when he says he wants to go alone.

He does that to her way too many times.  We the audience were supposed to overlook a whole lot in rooting for them as a couple.  It happens all the time - in life and, especially, on screen - with charming men.  An "Oh, that rascal, him" attitude, where we wave off too much inappropriate behavior because the guy doing it is just so damn dashing, and, hey, he has great moments, too.  Trust and, specifically, abandonment are her two biggest issues in general and particularly with him (and with very good reason give her history, his history, and theirs), and he keeps running off on her under false pretenses.

I like when Mildred - who's finally, having had some illusions shattered, no longer wearing blinders for her "Chief" - tells him she's seen the kind of trouble he's put Miss Holt through, "and I have watched her defend you when 99 out of 100 women wouldn't" so she hopes he's worth it.  (He says he does, too.)  That's in "Forged Steele", after which there should be no doubt they trust each other and are committed to staying together (professionally and personally).  Indeed, in the next episode she tells her old friend she's committed to someone else. 

But then the writers pull so much shit as season four goes on, the characters are back to all their old arguments in "Sensitive Steele" as if all that progress never happened (we're being gaslit!), and then comes the unforgivable disaster that is "Bonds of Steele".  It's a testament to everyone I still like this show as much as I do.

Edited by Bastet
  • Applause 1

D’OH! I thought you were taking about “Maltese Steele” when talking about that uncredited “actress” who was worse than Cassandra, @Bastet! You know, that wooden one who was the murderer and thief? I know she was playing a role for Steele, but her “I’m not…in any…DANGER…am I?” was nails on a chalkboard for me. I’ll try and see Puzzled Steele” when I reach my hotel tomorrow (heading to IN for trial).

On 5/15/2023 at 6:35 PM, Bastet said:

Hell, he'd already forgotten by "Blue Blooded Steele" when instead of simply telling her Daniel has tried to rope him into one of his schemes again, and he's gone so far Steele has to go to London in order to extricate himself, he pretends Daniel is gravely ill, quite possibly dying, and he wants to go be with him.  (This is especially egregious since Daniel had invited him to bring Laura; it's not like Daniel had begged him for secrecy.)  She, of course, is nice enough that, despite her dislike of Daniel and not wanting him anywhere near Steele under normal circumstances, her immediate instinct is to go with him in order to emotionally support him while he's being there for Daniel, and also understands when he says he wants to go alone.

He does that to her way too many times.  We the audience were supposed to overlook a whole lot in rooting for them as a couple.  It happens all the time - in life and, especially, on screen - with charming men.  An "Oh, that rascal, him" attitude, where we wave off too much inappropriate behavior because the guy doing it is just so damn dashing, and, hey, he has great moments, too.  Trust and, specifically, abandonment are her two biggest issues in general and particularly with him (and with very good reason give her history, his history, and theirs), and he keeps running off on her under false pretenses.

DAMMIT! That’s right! I don’t know what it is about Daniel’s influence that makes him revert to his old and lying ways. Especially since the show writers throw in episodes that show his progress!! It’s infuriating on so many levels.

On 5/15/2023 at 6:35 PM, Bastet said:

I like when Mildred - who's finally, having had some illusions shattered, no longer wearing blinders for her "Chief" - tells him she's seen the kind of trouble he's put Miss Holt through, "and I have watched her defend you when 99 out of 100 women wouldn't" so she hopes he's worth it.  (He says he does, too.)  That's in "Forged Steele", after which there should be no doubt they trust each other and are committed to staying together (professionally and personally).  Indeed, in the next episode she tells her old friend she's committed to someone else. 

Yep! Yep! Yep! When he tells her he’s there to stay and not going anywhere. I really love that scene with them there. One of my favorite scenes in the season three finale is that old guy’s reaction when Laura tells him she ran into some “gaps” about Jackson.

”Gaaaap? What gap? just makes me laugh.

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yep! Yep! Yep! When he tells her he’s there to stay and not going anywhere.

That conversation they have outside the courthouse in "Forged Steele" when he's bailed out is one of my favorite things in the entire series.  He gently coaxes out of her that with this latest twist she had a moment of doubt, and she says she didn't want to think it, she just did, but she knows it's crazy because she knows she can trust him.  OH MY GODS!  She casually states it as a fact, because by now it is.  The vulnerable way she says if it was true, the final step would be "and then you go away" twists my heart every time.  And then he reassures her, saying perhaps he hasn't told her clearly enough how happy he is they're together, but he is, and he's not going anywhere.  OH MY GODS!

For the writers to later ignore all the development that lead them to have that conversation sober and in broad daylight before trotting off to track down a lead makes me angry nearly 40 years later!

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

One of my favorite scenes in the season three finale is that old guy’s reaction when Laura tells him she ran into some “gaps” about Jackson.

”Gaaaap? What gap? just makes me laugh.

Okay, this is like our mutual love for "Laura Holt's urrrrn", although with this one we might actually be the only two fans who get such a kick out of it, let alone notice it, because that line delivery on "gaaaap" tickles me beyond reason, too!

• Applause 1
13 hours ago, Bastet said:

That conversation they have outside the courthouse in "Forged Steele" when he's bailed out is one of my favorite things in the entire series.  He gently coaxes out of her that with this latest twist she had a moment of doubt, and she says she didn't want to think it, she just did, but she knows it's crazy because she knows she can trust him.  OH MY GODS!  She casually states it as a fact, because by now it is.  The vulnerable way she says if it was true, the final step would be "and then you go away" twists my heart every time.  And then he reassures her, saying perhaps he hasn't told her clearly enough how happy he is they're together, but he is, and he's not going anywhere.  OH MY GODS!

For the writers to later ignore all the development that lead them to have that conversation sober and in broad daylight before trotting off to track down a lead makes me angry nearly 40 years later!

Okay, this is like our mutual love for "Laura Holt's urrrrn", although with this one we might actually be the only two fans who get such a kick out of it, let alone notice it, because that line delivery on "gaaaap" tickles me beyond reason, too!

I wish I could love your post a thousand times! Yes, you stated exactly my feelings during that scene outside of the police station! And the gentle way Steele tips Laura's chin with his finger? I DIE!!!!!!! and my tummy goes crazy with the flip flopping!

Ha Ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who loved that "Gaaap? What gap?" line. I wonder if that was an ad lib or it just came out that way, and the writers decided to keep it? Too bad he turned out to be one of the bad guys.

And yes, I will never, never understand why the writers undid EVERYTHING with Laura and Steele. We can't even say, it was the new writers, because there weren't any! It was the same group since day one!

Something that stuck out to me more during this binge watch than previous ones: How often the actors had to get wet.  And I don't just mean the artfully sprayed so they appear wet scenes, I mean all the times they had to immerse themselves in bodies of water.  That makes for even more tedious filming than normal, since they have to be given dry clothes, have their hair and make-up fixed, and do it again. 

One thing I never fail to fixate on: How the hell Stephanie managed to run in heels without falling or at least twisting the hell out of her ankles.  I know her feet paid a permanent price for it, but that she could do it so well at the time blows me away.  There's one scene where Doris Roberts has to run in heels, and she looks like most of us would doing so.  Not Stephanie -- she's fast!  I'd have broken an ankle -- and probably a nose from going sprawling and landing on my face.

Speaking of running, I am so Mr. Steele in "Steele in the Running" -- horrified by having to be somewhere at 6:00 in the morning and utterly confused at why anyone would want to run unless someone is chasing them.  I adore when she explains the triathlon schedule to him -- You swim X far, bike Y far, and then run Z -- and he responds "Voluntarily?"  And when he's shadowing her at the beginning of the run after the goons try to run her off the road during the bike portion, and quickly protests, "Laura, I'm ruining my shoes.  Not to mention my feet.  My lungs.  My heart."  Sing it, Steele.

I always like when they needle each other, so I'm entertained when he catches up after she's been dumped out of the van, so is sitting on the side of the road, and he says to come on, there's no time to rest, they have a run to finish.  My favorite is when he opens a driveway gate as she's in the middle of climbing over it and tells her not to dawdle, so when he later gets stuck on top of a gate, she calls from the car, "Come on, Mr. Steele, don't dawdle."  And when they lose the old pilot in "Steele Blue Yonder" and Mildred snarks "What did he do, outrun you?" -- when Mildred later has to confess he gave her the slip, Laura perfectly deadpans, "What did he do, outrun you?"

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

A weird series of thoughts reminded me of this:  While I am frequently frustrated by how much fun Steele has watching some sexist twit dismiss Laura and fawn all over him, which she has to endure for the sake of the agency, I dearly love in "My Fair Steele" when they arrive to the Crockett house for their appointment and, upon hearing the butler sneer that Mr. Crockett only does business with men, he turns down the case -- refusing to do business with someone who refuses to do business with Laura.  Once she's accepted a case, he's too fond of playing along, and I don't wave that off, but when he's there for that initial blatant dismissal, that's his instinct, and I acknowledge that as well.

Another tidbit I thought of in contemplating anew (having watched most of the first four seasons) is how much I love that when, upon viewing the pilot -- which, as many here likely know, wound up airing as the second episode; NBC picked it up based on "Tempered Steele" but asked for a premise pilot establishing how this guy had assumed the role of the fictional Remington Steele, so "License to Steele" was written and aired first -- the network suits (who always have such limited viewpoints it's incredible shows succeed in spite of their tired notes) wanted a scene in which Steele saves Laura.  Because heaven forbid we have a show in which the woman doesn't need saving in the first episode!  Michael Gleason found the trope tiresome, and particularly didn't want it for his introduction to the characters, so fulfilled their mandate by adding in the scene where Steele saves her entirely by accident.  I love that he even includes a line about it, when Laura asks him how he knew she was in trouble and he says, "Actually, I came looking for a pencil."

Also, that "itchy" scene the network fell so in love with is one of my favorites, too.  First, I love that in the first (well, originally the first) episode, Laura responds to his proposition with "Love to -- but I can't".  So many shows have the characters spend at least a season denying they're even attracted to each other, and here we had two people acknowledge they have the hots for each other, it's just that one of them thinks a romp wouldn't be a good idea while they're trying to figure out working together.  And then when she and Bernice are discussing it, with Laura explaining her reasons, including that the chase is fun, and Bernice asks where that leaves her, the way Laura slides down into the seat and says "Itchy" with a sly smile -- I don't know how you can be that sexy with a sandwich in your hand, but she pulls it off.

I closed with "Beg, Borrow, or Steele" last night, and that's where I'll leave it, except I did watch the one scene of "Bonds of Steele" I love -- when bedraggled Laura returns to the office to swap her broken heels for sneakers and the phone rings.  The way she says "Hooray for you" when the guy from the jewelry store says "I'm So-and-So from Something Jewelers" is something I imitate exactly to this day.

Edited by Bastet
  • Applause 1

Oh.My.God. Just watched "Puzzled Steele" the other night as I was resting after a hellish day, and that twit makes Cassandra Harris look like Meryl Streep!

I want to respond to your above post, @Bastet, but I'm swamped with work, have a trial coming up next week, and yes, I'm working today. But I couldn't agree more with you, and I also love, love, love the "Twitchy" line, though I though she said "Itchy" Hee!

3 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

But I couldn't agree more with you, and I also love, love, love the "Twitchy" line, though I though she said "Itchy" Hee!

Oops -- yes, she does.  I don't know why I typed "twitchy" instead, but I've fixed it now, thanks.

4 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Oh.My.God. Just watched "Puzzled Steele" the other night as I was resting after a hellish day, and that twit makes Cassandra Harris look like Meryl Streep!

I had forgotten all about it, but as soon as I saw her, I remembered that she's horrible.

(And I forgot to say before I, too, cringe at the line delivery on, as you perfectly recapped it, “I’m not…in any…DANGER…am I?” by the murderer in "Maltese Steele".)

• Love 1

So I went to So Many Dreams this weekend. It was a nice show.

They have added a walk through to the website if anyone wants to see what you missed.

I loved the stuff from The Matador. They even had his copy of the script because he would doodle on the blank pages.

Well I’ve been on English mystery mood, and started with 1980’s The Mirror Crack’d and TOTALLY forgot where I’d read that Pierce Brosnan had a single scene with Elizabeth Taylor-unspoken so it’s uncredited. I laughed because he really looked like a pretty boy/blank slate! Who knew what talent was hidden underneath? I mean you had Taylor, plus Rock Hudson (still sexy as hell), Tony Curtis (who, despite the thin hair, was still charming and was in Vega$ at the time), Kim Novak, and Angela Lansbury! I stated in the Marple thread that I wonder if Lansbury as Marple gave CBS to have her play Jessica Fletcher.

Anyway, my point was that it took me aback to see a silent Pierce who looked like he was dumb as a box of rocks.

• LOL 1

I finally finished with Season 5 and it wasn’t as bad as I remember. It wasn’t great but it wasn’t completely horrible.  Obviously, way too much Jack Scalia. They should have just left that character in Mexico.

As for the ending scene, I’m not sure what the purpose was with Tony continuously calling and Laura not being firm with him in her decision. That might have made sense as a plot point if the show was going to continue after that episode but that obviously was not going to happen.  What was wrong with leaving the audience with a definite happy ending?

Edited by LizDC

MeTV+ has added this show to their schedule! No marathon blocks, but an episode a day. However, they’re not airing them in order, which makes no sense.

I know it’s edited, but I’ll still be watching because this was one of the best shows of the early 80s until the last few episodes of season 4.

And I’ll be thinking of you, @Bastet when I’m watching the third season finale when what’shisface responds with:

“Gaaaap?! What gap?” to Laura’s report!🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Love 1