Type keyword(s) to search

Carrie Ann Inaba: And the Winner Is . . .

• Start Topic

On January 2, 2019 at 1:43 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

Will Carrie Ann have time to still be a judge on "DWTS"? 

Yes. She said that since she's just a judge she can show up for DWTS after finishing this show so it works well for her. 

It's not like DWTS is that strenuous either. Carrie Ann already has stock critiques ready after doing it for years. She probably just has to show up to see dress rehearsal performances and then wardrobe/make-up/hair. Then she will just cry on cue for one contestant. Criticize another contestant for a lift. Tell a medicore contestant that they are doing amazing. Blah blah blah.

• Love 4

I think Carrie Ann has really settled in. She does an admirable job moderating and I love her rapport with Sheryl. They seem like two peas in a pod. Another thing I like about Carrie Ann is that she is the first person to laugh at herself when she flubs and pokes fun at herself over her several broken engagements. She's been like a breath of fresh air. 

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

It is sad, especially because her first couple of years on the show were so great. One of the greatest parts about it was her bond with Sheryl, which really seemed to have gone sour for some reason. Everyone rags on her for her incessant crying, but I appreciated that she was so forthright as someone suffering from autoimmune disease and a sexual abuse survivor. I'm glad she was able to make her voice heard. I wish her all the best.

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

It is sad, especially because her first couple of years on the show were so great. One of the greatest parts about it was her bond with Sheryl,, which really seemed to have gone sour for some reason. Everyone rags on her for her incessant crying, but I appreciated that she was so forthright as someone suffering from autoimmune disease and a sexual abuse survivor. I'm glad she was able to make her voice heard. I wish her all the best.

I hope their alleged falling-out is just tabloid gossip since I liked their bond too. It sucks Carrie Ann won't even get a farewell show. :( 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

It sucks Carrie Ann won't even get a farewell show. :( 

Yeah, but neither did Marie (and for obvious reasons, Sharon). Eve wasn't even in the country for her farewell show (and only Sharon and Sheryl were there, due to Carrie Ann being hospitalized with COVID-19!!). I think the last host to have a "real" farewell show was Sara - and it was all downhill from there.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, catlover79 said:

Yeah, but neither did Marie (and for obvious reasons, Sharon). Eve wasn't even in the country for her farewell show (and only Sharon and Sheryl were there, due to Carrie Ann being hospitalized with COVID-19!!). I think the last host to have a "real" farewell show was Sara - and it was all downhill from there.

Aside from her guest hosting over the years, Marie was a full-time co-host for just one season. Would've been nice if she'd had a send-off show though. I almost forgot about Carrie Ann missing Eve's send-off show because she'd contracted the virus. That coupled with her auto immune disorders and the stress/drama of this season did a number on her. :( 

You're right about Sara being the last host to recieve a proper farewell show. Aisha was the first. Obviously it isn't her thread, but damn, I miss Aisha on this show more and more.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, rmcrae said:

You're right about Sara being the last host to recieve a proper farewell show. Aisha was the first. Obviously it isn't her thread, but damn, I miss Aisha on this show more and more.

I miss Aisha and her special blend of beauty, intelligence and humor. Of course, another one who didn't get a farewell show for obvious reasons is Julie. I wonder if she misses the show and wishes she had done certain things differently.

Edited by catlover79
  • Love 5
42 minutes ago, catlover79 said:

I miss Aisha and her special blend of beauty, intelligence and humor. Of course, another one who didn't get a farewell show for obvious reasons is Julie. I wonder if she misses the show and wishes she had done certain things differently.

I'm sure Julie missed doing the show at first, but she's probably over it by now. She should be since it's been a few years since she left. As underhanded as she was behind the scenes in regards to Holly and Leah, I liked her as mod. It's unfortunate that she had to lose out on her gig due to her husband's disgusting behavior, but that's the way her cookie crumbled. 

• Love 5
On 8/20/2021 at 10:23 PM, catlover79 said:

I'm sure at the time she was upset about having to leave but now that the show is such a trainwreck, she's probably glad she left when she did.    

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

I'm sure at the time she was upset about having to leave but now that the show is such a trainwreck, she's probably glad she left when she did.    

I bet the show wouldn't be in the shape it is now had Julie not left. There were other factors that came along well after she left, but that was the first major hit to it imo. I do wonder if she would've been able to put up with the Witch any longer than she did. Even after continuing to appease her childish, unprofessional tantrums.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rmcrae said:

I bet the show wouldn't be in the shape it is now had Julie not left. There were other factors that came along well after she left, but that was the first major hit to it imo. I do wonder if she would've been able to put up with the Witch any longer than she did. Even after continuing to appease her childish, unprofessional tantrums.

Agreed. Julie really was the glue. Coming from a news background, she really was the best in the group at moderating (though her replacement, Carrie Ann, became very good at it). It seemed that once she left, it was all downhill. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, catlover79 said:

Agreed. Julie really was the glue. Coming from a news background, she really was the best in the group at moderating (though her replacement, Carrie Ann, became very good at it). It seemed that once she left, it was all downhill. 

Girlfriend may have been robotic, but whoever programmed her did a good job. ;) I was surprised at how good Carrie Ann was at moderating after only seeing her as a judge on DWTS. Hopefully Victor Cruz will be a good mod whenever they announce his arrival on the show. Sheryl's fairly good and Elaine and Amanda are serviceable, but Jerry could use some work. The show needs a solid moderator. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, rmcrae said:

Girlfriend may have been robotic, but whoever programmed her did a good job. ;) I was surprised at how good Carrie Ann was at moderating after only seeing her as a judge on DWTS. Hopefully Victor Cruz will be a good mod whenever they announce his arrival on the show. Sheryl's fairly good and Elaine and Amanda are serviceable, but Jerry could use some work. The show needs a solid moderator. 

I liked hearing Julie's perspective on different things. She didn't give cookie cutter answers for topics. 

I think what makes Carrie Ann so great is she's kind but not scared of having opinions; she's fun, but doesn't shy away from showing her sensitive side. At least we'll still have her on DWTS. :) I'd honestly be more annoyed if we lost her there, because I'm still salty we lost Tom Bergeron. 

I don't know about moderator skills, but I think Jerry is the funniest of all the hosts. That's where he really brings it imo. I knew I'd enjoy him when I saw him fill for in for Wendy. 

Count me in on still missing Aisha. She was another awesome host. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I liked hearing Julie's perspective on different things. She didn't give cookie cutter answers for topics. 

I think what makes Carrie Ann so great is she's kind but not scared of having opinions; she's fun, but doesn't shy away from showing her sensitive side. At least we'll still have her on DWTS. :) I'd honestly be more annoyed if we lost her there, because I'm still salty we lost Tom Bergeron. 

I don't know about moderator skills, but I think Jerry is the funniest of all the hosts. That's where he really brings it imo. I knew I'd enjoy him when I saw him fill for in for Wendy. 

Count me in on still missing Aisha. She was another awesome host. 

Agreed. My fears of her not returning were pretty much confirmed after she announced her return to DWTS, but not The Talk. I wonder why she just didn't confirm it then, but maybe she and CBS had some behind the scenes stuff to work out. Hopefully she comes back as a guest once the new season starts.

• Love 4
On 8/24/2021 at 6:15 PM, rmcrae said:

Hopefully she comes back as a guest once the new season starts.

You're much more optimistic than I am. I highly doubt that the show will last that much longer - it's become a downright joke.

• Love 1