Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E08: Ashley

Mislav
  • Start Topic

Spoiler

The BAU investigates a double homicide and kidnapping in New Hampshire. Also, Rossi's plans to elevate his relationship with Krystall don't go as planned.

So... has anyone watched the latest episode?

Does anyone care anymore?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mislav said:
  •   Hide contents

The BAU investigates a double homicide and kidnapping in New Hampshire. Also, Rossi's plans to elevate his relationship with Krystall don't go as planned.

So... has anyone watched the latest episode?

I watched.  But I don't care.  :-)

• LOL 1

Up until the final resolution, I enjoyed the case, because I didn't know where it was going. The team actually had to do a fair amount of work to determine the unsub and his agenda. But I hated the overly emotional resolution Rossi was doing. It just didn't feel real or anything, this unsub just bursting into rending sobs. It's like-I thought he knew his daughter was dead, and that was his trigger for his murder spree? So why break down like that? Yeah, okay, maybe he was in some delusion fugue, but I just didn't like it. 

As for Penelope, she was her usual juvenile, annoying self. I don't get why she is a such a major pain to Luke, who is usually nothing but helpful to her. I don't get why the team worships the ground she walks on. Yeah, yeah, she's good with computers, but so are lots of other people. I would find her annoying as all get out if I had to work with someone like the way she has been written the past several years (I would have liked working with early years Penelope). And the ridiculous way she ruined Rossi's proposal plans (and his groan inducing solution to it at the end) was not my cup of tea either. 

• Like 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Mislav said:

Well, the show did well in the ratings Wednesday night, despite the fact it aired the night before a holiday, so I'd say yes.

I liked the episode overall, too. I do agree that Rossi's method at the end was a little awkward in how it was done-this guy was pretty cold in how he killed these families and took these kids and such, so him breaking down seemed rather abrupt. But the video of Ashley was genuinely moving, as was her mom's reaction to seeing the video.

I also liked the unexpected bit with Ruby showing up at that cafe. I would've liked to see the woman who worked there more involved in the case somehow, because the idea of the unsub trying to pawn a child off on her was interesting and I think they could've expanded on that a bit. And the scenes with the families being attacked were genuinely scary. 

As for everything with Rossi, the whole thing of Krystall accepting his proposal was spoiled in the promo, but I still thought that was a sweet moment regardless. I liked his silly Elvis impression, too :p. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

The case itself was a great change from the gruesome cases they usually have. Yes, people died- but we didn’t see machetes, lips sewn together, limbs removed and replaced, etc.  just old fashioned homicides. 

The overly emotional apology from the  unsub didn’t fit in with the crime.  All it took was a video of the real Ashley to end his delusions?  

Why do TV shows persist on remarrying divorced couples? And what happened to Rossi’s daughter and grandchild? They haven’t even been mentioned in forever.   

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 11/25/2018 at 7:24 PM, Hotchgirl18 said:

Who thinks Krystall 's gonna get targeted by an unsub?

I honestly didn't even remember who Krystall was.  Just shows you how much I cared about *that* story line anyway.  <lol>  Otherwise, I liked the episode pretty well.  I don't really follow the news about shows, and I haven't been to this forum in a while, so is Reid leaving the show?  He's my favorite character, and I'd really miss him.  I was wondering if the sabbatical to teach was a way of writing him off the show or if he'll still be around?

No plans to leave that I'm aware of, no. This has been the case for him the last few seasons-Gubler will take the occasional episode off here and there so he can go do some other stuff he's working on, and they've just written it into the show by having Reid off visiting his mom or, in this case, doing a sabbatical, or things of that sort. 

letter-f.jpg

I just don't know what to say any more. This was a convoluted, ridiculous case where- as per usual- no one behaved in reasonable, rational ways.

The show just piled on twists and turns into this turducken of a case and hoped it worked and...spoiler alert, it didn't.

Joe Mantegna really does pull the heartstrings though...I'll give the show that.

That's it, though. This episode really does put the "turd" in "turducken".

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I don't understand what's happening. I find this season a bit.. weird. I can't explain it. It's like, it starts off good then ends in the most unexpected way. I don't understand if we're supposed to hate this unsub or sympathize with him. It feels like something was missing. Same goes for the 20-something minutes in between killings episode. Something about the newer episodes feels disconnected. I also feel weird about JJ's episode with her sister. Like why would she kill herself? I think it would have made more sense for her sister to get murdered. 

I don't even know.

• Love 1

I get why they showed the video to the unsub and there was no way to get the ex-girlfriend out of the room before they showed it to him, but I just kept thinking how cruel it was to make her watch the video of her dead child. 

I'm not sure what's going on with Garcia and Luke, but I bet a batch of imaginary cookies that they will be dating by the end of the season. Luke is nice and friendly with her, even when she's being terrible, but he was weird and cagey about not setting her up with his friend who got killed. And Garcia's hatred of him just reminds me so much of insecure teenagers who like someone they think of as out-of-their-league so they reject them first by being a jerk. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1