Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: 37 Weeks

(edited)

People who want to paint without doing the necessary prep work - and then stand back later and wonder why on earth their paint is peeling  - annoy the crap out of me.  And clearly neither of the actors have ever done any (proper) painting, as they were both holding their brushes the wrong way.

Yes, that's my takeaway from this episode, as I've had an unspeakably maddening day and can't deal with the Mark/Emma thing. 

I liked the characterization of Birdbones a lot more in her first episode.

I still can't decide how I feel about this series, really; I want to like it, and I do like a lot of things about it, but I've had a fundamental obstacle from the pilot, vestiges of which have popped up since, that keeps me from getting too invested in what seems to hover on the brink of becoming one of those "small-town folk teach big-city career woman what life is all about" piles of infuriating nonsense.

Edited by Bastet

Solid stuff. I've had a crush on Lindsay Sloane for forever, so I'm always happy to see her, and Tina's a character that's pretty solidly in her wheelhouse.

one of those "small-town folk teach big-city career woman what life is all about" piles of infuriating nonsense.

I liked the detail that Maggie had "had a piece of Mark". Too often these shows about big city people returning to their hometowns seem to treat the town as being preserved in amber since they left, but Maggie, Mark, etc really did live their own lives while Emma was away.  Also, I just totally wasn't expecting that little twist.

• Love 1
(edited)

That opening scene cracked me the hell up. But even before Emma's "word of the day", they way Maggie first said Fig Newton killed me! And I just realized they were wearing Mark's and Bird Bones plushy bathrobes from ep# 2

I didn't know they're back to back eps next week,thanks for the heads up. I actually thought ep#8 was the finale, so yay! for more Playing House.

Edited by Valny

"Monster Mash" bit was my favorite thing in a while. And I think I'm going to start singing, "...because I looooove you" after any shopping discussion until my wife tells me to knock it off.

• Love 2

Tap dancing is hilarious, speaking as someone who took dance classes when I was young. My friends make me do steps and I goofily overact them for their enjoyment. I laughed out loud at the "Monster Mash" routine, trying to visualize it--werewolf mask and lab coat!