Type keyword(s) to search

S28: Yung "Woo" Hwang: Brawn

David T. Cole
  • Start Topic

Good thing there wasn't a drinking game for every time Woo mentioned martial arts or specifically taekwondo in that last episode.

Woo has supplanted Colby (by a mile) for Making the Dumbest F3 Decision.

I can understand why Woo wanted to play the "go against the best" game, however in this kind of game, you can make exactly the same claim to defeating a superior opponent by voting him out in 3rd place. You don't lose honor or integrity points in this kind of game by making the intelligent move.

• Love 1

So glad he didn't win.  As horrible as Tony, Kass and Spencer were as people, they were all infinitely better players than Woo.  A true follower, if there's even been one on this show.  Kass' comparison to Fabio was pretty dead on--Woo could have been that annoying Next Fabio... but proved to be even slightly dimmer.

I wish we had been given some insight into the way he was approaching the game before the final episode.  The editors know how things are going to end, so they could have shown him in a slightly different way than they did.  I suspect most of us still wouldn't have wanted him to win, but maybe would have seen his "dude.. far out" stuff as more zen and less space cadet.  Because I did appreciate that he always seemed positive, and to enjoy being there, and to actually have fun out there.

He lost, and he wasn't a very good Survivor player, but I have to say that I am impressed by some of what he said in the finale/reunion and some of the post-show interviews I've read.  He wanted to show his students that he stands firm to the principles that he teaches.  So many times we are horrified by the behavior of some of the teachers that come on this show (NaOnka and Alicia spring to mind), and we comment on what bad examples they are setting for their students.  Woo won a lot of respect with me for caring about the example he was setting for the kids he teaches.  

• Love 2

He wanted to show his students that he stands firm to the principles that he teaches.  So many times we are horrified by the behavior of some of the teachers that come on this show (NaOnka and Alicia spring to mind), and we comment on what bad examples they are setting for their students.  Woo won a lot of respect with me for caring about the example he was setting for the kids he teaches.  

That's actually a really nice sentiment. 

Woo won a lot of respect with me for caring about the example he was setting for the kids he teaches.

I agree.  But he also could have set a good example for the kids by taking Kass, beating her, and thus proving to the kids that Mean People lose in life.

• Love 3