Type keyword(s) to search

Billy Bryan Brown: Fearless Father

The story says the state does not think they spent 180 days per year in Alaska  during the (roughly) three years in question.

that's amusing.     maybe they aren't as fully committed to living in the Alaska bush as the show suggests.

They think their accent is so unique. It is - It's called a speech impediment!

Snowbird gets a deer call for her birthday. How about some teeth. The right side of her mouth looks like she tried to eat a clarinet.

• Love 4

Family charged with fraud on the Permanent Fund.    Something about lying on the applications.  Not a lot of details on what he did.   

http://www.adn.com/article/20141022/stars-alaska-reality-tv-show-charged-pfd-fraud

So much for living in the wild, dependent on no one.

All the family members except Matt, Bird, and Rainy were charged with fraud and 2nd degree theft for saying they resided in Alaska for a calendar year and they didn't. Each family member recieved approximately $1,330.00, in permanent fund checks that year, cashed, and spent them. Hence, the theft charges.
  • Love 1

And let's be honest, the only reason the two girls weren't included is because they were minors at the time so their funds went to their parents.

Likely true though I suspect the parents could be indicted as contributing to the delinquency of minors or some such. But then why wasn't Matt included in the indictments? Could it be that he was the only one smart enough to not go along with the scam? Maybe? Or not?

Possible and a good point, though I thought that the family all got hives if they were separated for more than ten minutes. It's also possible that he didn't want to be indicted for falsifying records.

(edited)

Likely true though I suspect the parents could be indicted as contributing to the delinquency of minors or some such. But then why wasn't Matt included in the indictments? Could it be that he was the only one smart enough to not go along with the scam? Maybe? Or not?

Parents claim the funds for their minor children.  The children wouldn't be held legally responsible for the claim (much like dependent children don't get in trouble if their parents double or triple count them on their federal income tax return).    I think it's more likely that Matt was actually living in state, or the auditors simply didn't catch any discrepancies, though I highly doubt the latter.

Edited by Lemur

hmmm.    

maybe he narc'ed  on  the rest of the family to avoid prosecution.

or he missed the filing deadline because no one in the bush knows what month or year it is.

• Love 1
On 3/1/2015 at 11:27 PM, jbobchuck said:

When did they catch Gabe hitting Billy in the ass? Brokeback mountain in Browntown. Sick shit...

Realize I am resurrecting an old post, but was just reading through some old threads and saw this - WTH?

I am home sick with the flu and will blame that on why I found this to be funny.