Type keyword(s) to search

Your Favorite Bad Episode?

I thought most of the episodes were so bad they were actually pretty good. I loved the episode in season 3 where Ben tells Amy off after the baby shower fight between her and Adrian. I hated Ben through most of the series , but thought it was unintentionally hilarious when he told her off.

The tilte seems a bit redundant, given all the episodes ranged from "No Hope for the Human Race" to "Slightly Less Repetitive to Watching Paint Dry." ;)

But I think the one where Amy gets shut down for chasing Ben to Bologna stands out as the rare time something didn't go right for her. It's ruined that it was the school councelor saying she's short on credit (hence summer school) and not her idiot parents say no, but I'll take what I can get here.

• Love 1

Pretty much all of them.

One of the worst was when they were all playing in the toy store on Christmas Eve.  The owner evidently approved breaking and entering.  Kathy goes into labor, and luckily there is a stockyard nearby.  So she rides a donkey to the hospital all the want INTO  the emergency room and the light shines down on the pregnant girl on the donkey.  I remember laughing out loud at this one.

Pretty much all of them.

One of the worst was when they were all playing in the toy store on Christmas Eve.  The owner evidently approved breaking and entering.  Kathy goes into labor, and luckily there is a stockyard nearby.  So she rides a donkey to the hospital all the want INTO  the emergency room and the light shines down on the pregnant girl on the donkey.  I remember laughing out loud at this one.

Ha that's another good one. Also season 3 when Ben and Adrian get married. And Adrian thinking shed only need one week off.

There was an episode with Michael Imperioli playing Adrian's doctor when she was pregnant. He just seemed so out of place. He and Steven Schiarripa were on the greatest show in TV history (The Sopranos) and then were on this? You talk about extremes.

Of all the ABC Family actresses, I can't believe that Shailene Woodley has become a huge movie star. I think Troian Bellisario of PLL is a MUCH better actress.

In SW's defence, everyone on this show was phoning it in. When you can literally have the same dialougue for episodes on end (Does Amy know about the baby? made up half of season three), it's pretty hard not to.

This show is just. so. awful. I play a few episodes on Netflix every once in awhile just to laugh at its ridiculousness. Oh, the repetitive dialog. Every conversation it's like they pick a buzzword and just repeat that word back and forth to each other. I can't even!

I agree that I can't believe Shailene Woodley is supposed to be a star now. I still found her awful in Divergent, but my judgment may have been extra harsh because of seeing her in this first.

I have yet to see Woodley in any of her movie roles (YA stuff doesn't do it for me), but I do feel bad that she and the rest of the cast has this show as their "breakout" roles. Especially the kid playing Ricky, who had some of the meatier material in the first season and knocked it out the park. Camille Winbush was slumming it being a part of this show.

But I'm glad she'she's managed to step outta the shadow of this shit, and I hope the rest manage to do so as well.

(edited)

Sadly, it seems that Shailene Woodley is STILL the only actor/actress from this show that stepped out of the shadow of this show. Megan Park (the actress who played Grace) has been in another movie I recently saw, but I haven't seen the rest in much else (well known, anyway).

Anyway, I think an episode I found bad that I actually think the writers messed up was Ben breaching into Amy's online e-diary. Yeah, this is a guy who clung to her too much their freshman year and kept pursuing her again after his in-between relationships all turned out bad (especially Dylan), but I still think it being revealed that he did that did some damage to his character.

Edited by Virtual