Type keyword(s) to search

S02E07: Outside the Wire

CooperTV

Jessica attempting to act as some sort of badass is ridiculous.  She really sticks out from the rest of the cast and not in a good way.

Oh my god enough with Clay’s angst about Stella.  And I know going all “whataboutism” is a terrible way to live but Stella broke up with Clay.  She’s not dead.  So him moping all over the place is pretty selfish considering what Jason went through.

• Love 2

Sonny, when not worrying me too much about his over drinking, is my favorite character. I went to the University of Texas Austin, so his whole “hook ‘em” and story about evil Alabama and Vince Young being a god was the best thing ever on this show to me. 

I wonder how long the Mexico story is going to last. 

Dont miss Stella. Wish Sonny and Davis would hook up already. Worried it will be Davis and Clay. 

• Love 5

So, HVT in Armani takes a phone call from Havoc and says, "Bueno."  He then takes off for the strip club.  Huh?  Who was he talking to?  It's fine that a presumably silent phone call like that was a Bat Signal to meet at that club.  So, why the response?   While we're at it, Dude was easily 20 yards beyond the 20 Bravo 1 had already traversed after being told Armani was 15 yards ahead.  

LOVED the Bevo smack on RTR (Roll Tide Roll)!  Vince Young took out the Trojans of Southern California in the Rose Bowl back in the day.  Truly epic.

What was with Mandy refusing to go along with the command decision of contacting Armani?  She got the reckless Jason back, too.  Helo VI, indeed.  I hope she is happy.

Isn't it amazing that all we have heard about, and seen, are the dangers of going OTW (Outside the Wire), yet the gringo-est gringos who ever gringoed can just go to the bar which is surely under bad guy control?  Zero repercussion from command.  Esprit de Corps, y'all!  Senior Master Chief can go galavanting after Lopez, no comms, not knowing where he might be, and his #2 can jump in.   And....nothing.   

• Love 1

Maybe military helicopter pilots are more willing to take risks (obviously) but landing in a vacant lot in the middle of a city in the dark? I doubt most helicopter pilots would even think about it. Not taking the surroundings into account caused a helicopter on the Abbottabad raid to crash so it isn't like Navy SEALs are unfamiliar with this idea.

We also had the unusually compliant target, the woman in charge of the "modeling" agency. Her vehicle gets cut off so she obligingly pulls into this empty lot so she can be abducted. She doesn't honk or try to go around or get out of her vehicle to say WTF. Nope, this empty lot over here looks great for a woman with cartel connections traveling by herself.

I like that Clay and Sonny are friends now. As I recall they did not like each other at all from the get-go so seeing Sonny be the one to get Clay to admit all was not well was great. Sonny even kept himself from getting sloppy drunk! He was great with those kids too. Is this some character development we're seeing here?

2 hours ago, yourdreamer said:

Sonny, when not worrying me too much about his over drinking

Lordy these guys drink like fish. Alcoholic fish. Putting the high in high-functioning, that's for sure.

I love Sonny, and the stuff with him and Davis is great. Glad they are not rushing through that and you can see that although he's got some issues he's got a great heart.

Mandy - I get she's worried about Jason, but felt like he was justified in giving it back to her. Ray's concern came from a caring place. Mandy seemed to be taking the place of Jason's wife, always unhappy about everything. And sorry Clay, I think you're better off without Stella. Aside from the Sonny/Davis stuff which is actually seeming authentic I like it better when they are concentrating on the team and the mission more. Don't really care much about the outside stuff.

• Love 5

I am actually glad Jason feels guilty, because he bears responsibility for what Lopez is going through.  He dared Lopez to go into battle with him, as a "test" of whether he was a worthy soldier, I think a big part of it was actually Jason's need for control.  That may make him the "magical" great team leader, but it makes him a jackass of a human.  He did it last year with the other SEAL leader.  He's a supposed "alpha male" who needs to control/dominate everyone.  It bit someone else on the ass this time, and if he's feeling guilty, good.  

As for the CIA woman going behind his back, she should have said "yes, I did.  Because my job is the mission.  Not you.  The mission.  And if that meant yanking Bravo back out and sending Charlie in, or yanking you out and making Nate team lead, I will do it, because that is the right thing to do."  Not everything is about you, Jason.   

• Love 6

Another great episode. This team of actors really continues to shine each and every episode. Now this episode tearing into the Mexican cartels...great stuff. I agree with reviewers about Stella. After Jason's loss...Stella's breakup is pocket change.

It’s okay for Clay to be upset about Stella. He can manage to be upset for himself and care about Jason at the same time.  It’s unrealistic to think he will just say ‘ oh well that’s that’ about breaking up with someone he planned on proposing to.  Even Sonny didn’t tell him to ‘buck up because Jason’ .. Sonny said ‘I’m sorry to hear that’. 

Sonny is my favorite character.  Maybe I’d like the dog handler if he ever spoke or even got a full face screen shot. 

• Love 1