Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E06: Limbo

Murphy and Doc together are fun.  Nice to have Addy back and the whole group together, though I wish Addy would get the hair out of her face.  I wonder if some weird Z Nation-y thing happened in that section of her face because she lost her eye? 

I was thinking of how damn skinny Murphy is and then realized that I appreciate that Roberta, George and Addy are all strong and physically fit; they look like women who can smash zombie heads in. 

I gotta admit I'm not super interested in whatever's going on in Altura with Dante being hauled back there.  I just want our group to stay together, have adventures, be snarky and do dumb shit, as Doc says.

• Love 2

It's great to see Addy (and the Z-whacker!) again. Glad the whole group is back together. It's always more fun that way. 

I'm tired of those Altura assholes. Poor Marjorie and Dante.

Edited by phalange
  • Love 2

Is it wrong that I squeed when they started the slow pan up Murphy?  Once I saw the shoes, I knew who it was.  He has really committed to being red. 

The humor was back in this episode.  Paraphrasing: "I have to hit the head". "That's really popular." Murphy shielding himself with Doc. Felt a bit like the old days.

• Love 1

I don't like looking at skinny red Murphy.  I don't remember him being so skinny last season. 

Loved the scenes with the woman giving Doc the eye.  There was one scene where he appeared to be zipping up his fly, so did he finally get lucky?  And every time he and 10k reunite I get a little teary-eyed.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, raven said:

Murphy and Doc together are fun.  Nice to have Addy back and the whole group together, though I wish Addy would get the hair out of her face.  I wonder if some weird Z Nation-y thing happened in that section of her face because she lost her eye? 

I was thinking of how damn skinny Murphy is and then realized that I appreciate that Roberta, George and Addy are all strong and physically fit; they look like women who can smash zombie heads in. 

I gotta admit I'm not super interested in whatever's going on in Altura with Dante being hauled back there.  I just want our group to stay together, have adventures, be snarky and do dumb shit, as Doc says.

Z Nation has done a great job with having strong female characters who are not cardboard cutouts or stereotypes. Every character, male and female, are well drawn and performed. That can't be easy with a long-running show and shifting cast. I like how the characters can be mixed and matched depending on the needs of the episode. I do prefer having the entire team together and not separated. 

I look at this season as a bridge season. It's setting up a potential Season 6 while closing some loose ends from past seasons. OBM is in need of another all-consuming mission. There was "get Murphy to Cali", "Find Lucy" and "stop the Black Rainbow." Helping to establish a permanent and safe settlement seems too tame a task or purpose for OBM. Like Addy says, she needs a new mission. What will be the next big mission? There has to be one coming.

Sounds like Estes was sent to build a secondary colony for Zona. That's why he was able to quickly create the setup (energy, protection) that he has at Altura. I wonder if his original goal was to create a home base for Zona's future expansion. With Zona's destruction and Black Rainbow, his plans have changed. The Talkers have changed the winning equation. So, the talkers had to go and George's efforts of a mixed society had to be discredited. 

Next episode: Operation Bite Mark goes nuclear on Altura! And it's onward to the Biscuit Bakery. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, wrlord said:

Murphy seriously makes being that skinny work - he does it with style! Loved seeing him and Doc all decked out together. Doc can seriously rock that hat.

Doc looked like he was ready to go on tour with the Grateful Dead - and the look worked for him.  ;)

• Love 5