Type keyword(s) to search

S24.E06: Claire Foy, Kurt Russell, David Walliams, Lee Evans, Mumford & Sons

• Start Topic

Graham is joined by Claire Foy, starring in the crime thriller The Girl in the Spider's Web, Hollywood action hero Kurt Russell, playing Santa Claus in The Christmas Chronicles, comedian and writer David Walliams, presenting his new children's book The Ice Monster, and actor and comedian Lee Evans, back on the West End stage in a new Harold Pinter season. With music from Mumford & Sons, performing their new single Guiding Light.

Graham's reaction to Walliams getting his OBE from Princess Anne was hilarious, if a little mean. The Princess Royal is a workhorse of the BRF.

Claire Foy was delightful. I loved her acting out the fights scene with the grunts and feints.

Lee Evans was exhausting to watch.

I wonder why Foy and Walliams weren't wearing poppies.

TIL "bricked it" means forgot in British slang. Marcus Mumford's mortification watching that Springsteen clip was adorable.

Graham's delight at the New Zealand accent will never not amuse me. I think that's at least half the reason he loves Kiwis.

• Love 5

Bricking it generally means getting extremely nervous to the point of becoming immobile (like a brick!) and would be the cause of MM's forgetting the words rather than meaning the forgetting itself. 

I thought I noticed Foy had on a brooch in the poppy motif?

• Love 2

I believe Walliams had a poppy pin also.

Lee Evans was exhausting. I remember seeing him in Mousetrap with Nathan Lane. The first I'd heard of him. He was very funny in it. I'm not sure if I've seen him in anything else.

I adore Claire Foy. She's wonderful as an actress and delightful as a guest.

Kurt Russell was fine. I don't know what else to say about him.

• Love 1

Having KR play Santa is giving me weird cognitive dissonance, though. I can't help picturing him coming down the chimney, guns blazing, screaming "I'm comin' to getcha, and Hell's comin' with me!" Which isn't exactly holiday cheer? Although if you're like me, you might cheer anyway?

• Love 2