Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Chapter 70

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:52 PM, DoubleUTeeEff said:

A 100% female cabinet? Fuck yes!

Sure........

But after she fires the cabinet for correctly trying to remove her for not doing her job?

Very unrealistic once again, as is characteristic of the whole show. 

So basically any president could do this if they find out they are being removed by their cabinet?  Just fire everyone and hire a new cabinet?  I have a feeling it would not be so easy

• Love 3

We learned in Homeland a prez cannot avoid the 25th amendment by firing cabinet members!! The supreme court in Homeland ruled that prez could not fire just 4 or 5, much less the entire cabinet!! But here it's like she tears up the letter, fires them all immediately, and all is hunky dory even though she had demonstrably been acting like a certifiable nut case for weeks.

Edited by Pat Hoolihan
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, jnymph said:

I feel I’m the only person on that planet loving this season!

Yup.  I hated it. 

About 2 or 3 episodes in, I thought I would rewatch this entire season to fill in the blanks, so to speak, but now that I've finished...nah.  I've got a jigsaw puzzle to work on.

• Love 1
On 11/6/2018 at 12:54 AM, Armchair Critic said:

So where did the son come from? Maybe Claire's comment about her sleeping with her brother was not so far off?

Claire said to Annette, "Your son. Well, not your son." Maybe he was secretly adopted?

They definitely gave Annette and Bill some incesty vibes earlier in the season so I thought maybe that's where they were going when Claire told Duncan to ask Annette where he came from. Whatever the secret is, Bill clearly knows based on the look he gave Annette when Duncan asked.

On 11/13/2018 at 11:22 AM, Pat Hoolihan said:

We learned in Homeland a prez cannot avoid the 25th amendment by firing cabinet members!! The supreme court in Homeland ruled that prez could not fire just 4 or 5, much less the entire cabinet!!

Ha, I was thinking about the same thing when Claire fired the entire cabinet! Is it weird that I've learned more about obscure constitutional law as a result of Veep, Homeland, and House of Cards than I did when I took civics?

• Love 6
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Ha, I was thinking about the same thing when Claire fired the entire cabinet! Is it weird that I've learned more about obscure constitutional law as a result of Veep, Homeland, and House of Cards than I did when I took civics?

I think it was inside joke, sort of slap in the face to the Homeland writers -- saying their president was too wimpy. LOL

Edited by Pat Hoolihan

Why does this episode have Claire constantly bringing up she is a woman? Complaining about men who have tried to control her, and the “high crime of being a woman.” “As women we have to fight back,” with Kelsey. And the complaints with Angela (?) about “male arguing.” And yet every scene I see with the bad guys (though they are not all guys) are them responding to her actions, not complaints about her being a woman. You can claim that feeling is institutionalized I suppose, but it would be helpful to see it. Claire seems to be waging a feminist war against people who don’t think she deserves the presidency because she received it when her husband died... and they want power. It’s an oppprtunity, not a societal bias. Many shows have an agenda. This show’s agenda is sinking the series. 

• Love 1