Type keyword(s) to search

S24: Brendon & Rachel

• Start Topic

Rachel 

I can NOT believe I am liking her so far.

Rachel has never been totally on my unreasoning hate list.  She's annoying.  Back on BB, especially her original appearance, she banked on being a drama magnet and that's always a headache to watch.  The way she acts around Brendon is eye roll worthy on occasion.  And she's one of the biggest famewhores out there.  That said, there have been so many FAR worse people on both BB and TAR.  Rachel is harmless.  

You know, to be shallow, she hasn't aged all that well (especially next to her sister), but I'd almost forgotten that she used to clean up quite a bit to look like this:

11264881-76341-460672929564-521299564-54

Edited by Kromm

The scariest thing for me about this season is that Rachel keeps threatening to procreate if they win. She keeps talking about how if they win the $$, Brendon "will let me have babies".  Whaaa?  She says it in the same tone and with the same affect that my 4 yr old uses, as in; "Mommy will give me a cookie if I pick up my toys!"

The scariest thing for me about this season is that Rachel keeps threatening to procreate if they win. She keeps talking about how if they win the $$, Brendon "will let me have babies".  Whaaa?  She says it in the same tone and with the same affect that my 4 yr old uses, as in; "Mommy will give me a cookie if I pick up my toys!"

No kidding!  If you don't win a million $, he won't let you have babies.  Wow!  Healthy relationship there.  

Actually it sounds to me like Rachel has seen one too many "I Love Lucy" episodes and is (badly) attempting a Lucy voice/wail.

Rachel is one of those people who I feel like I would actively dislike if I knew in real life, but love to watch on TV. 

Back on BB, especially her original appearance, she banked on being a drama magnet.

For example, I completely agree with the above sentiment but that's exactly what makes her such a pleasant train wreck. Her constant whining, childish attitude, and outfits all make her obnoxious--in the best way possible. She's one of those people where you wonder if she can really behave that way in real life, or if she's managed to find a perfectly tuned persona that works for her (ie gets her a lot of attention). 

What's most interesting to me is that on both Big Brother and Amazing Race, Brendan has come across as mostly likable: smart, level-headed, patient, and nice, if also boring. I wonder if the two of them work because they are exact opposites and he enjoys taking care of a woman-child who could not survive without his manly aid or if they work because there's something we're not seeing (like he is often immature, or she is deeper sometimes than she appears).

I'm not a marriage therapist, but I really don't think that basing your child bearing decisions on winning a million dollars on a game show is a good idea.

I doubt she means it in earnest. It sounds like she and Brendon want to be responsible parents and not just pop out a baby until they're farther ahead financially. An Amazing Race win would make that financial progress happen sooner. Otherwise they would probably wait a couple more years before having a baby, and Rachel doesn't exactly strike me as a shining example of patience.

• Love 1

I always felt like the baby thing was as much Brendon's fault as it was Rachel's. I got a distinct vibe that he didn't really want kids, or at least that he didn't want kids yet. But he knew that would be an awkward and painful conversation so he just said, "Oh, we're not in a financial position to have kids right now," and then the million dollar prize came up and suddenly he's made a promise that if they win the Race, they'll try for a baby. It encouraged Rachel's tendency for dramatic gestures, and if there's one thing you don't want to do, it's encourage Rachel's tendency for dramatic gestures.

They've christened their newborn Taurus daughter "Adora Borealis", not that anyone would take her to be from the other hemisphere:

CgMVW69WsAAwfOf.jpg

Edited by Supay
  • Love 1