Type keyword(s) to search

S2 E3: Home to Hold Onto

When Station 19 receives a call from concerned neighbors regarding a resident in their apartment building, the team heads out to investigate. When they arrive to evaluate the scene, they're shocked by what they find inside. Meanwhile, in an effort to create a solid working relationship between the fire and police departments, Ryan takes an unlikely member of the team on a ride-along.

Another good episode... Still loving the new captain he's been stern but fair... Enjoy the tension between Bishop and Andy feels real.. Andy is noticing some of her flaws but still after that high call the first thing she does is go ask bishop what's wrong with me... Not congrats so still work to do.. They've setup Gibson for some issues and Vic and Montgomery have some stuff to work out... Ima keep it on the DVR for now

15 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Another good episode... Still loving the new captain he's been stern but fair... Enjoy the tension between Bishop and Andy feels real.. Andy is noticing some of her flaws but still after that high call the first thing she does is go ask bishop what's wrong with me... Not congrats so still work to do.. They've setup Gibson for some issues and Vic and Montgomery have some stuff to work out... Ima keep it on the DVR for now

I'm still surprised they are going to drag out Bishop's hearing issues from the water heater exploding in the garage fire episode (still hate that episode) from last season. Because people are noticing she is acting funny at times. Either not hearing their complete conversation or the new captain realizing she has the volume way up and a few other things. However, they need the drama. However, just like Papa Herrea with not telling anyone about his cancer until he collapsed during a fire. Bishop is setting herself up for getting someone almost killed. If her hearing goes completely out during a major disaster and she can't hear anyone on her call or anyone trying to talk to her. They keep hyping up she can become a LT., however a true leader also knows when to stand up and let others know they have a problem. It's all a pride thing with her right now. 

As for the new captain, I'm liking him more and also they have him being stern, but fair. Even more, he is seeing why Station 19 gets upset at other stations and so forth. You have the other stations going: "Oh... we'll be right there." Then 20 or more minutes later they finally show up and as he said: "Just in time to secure the barn after the horse has already gotten out and ran." Same goes with Ryan's little side story. I'm sorry, doesn't matter where you are at, if there is an Amber Alert and you know you have the suspect, they were would be helicopters and 3 other local cars including the sheriff's office there. But oh no, on this show, everyone is on their own and everyone sits and picks their nose and then when they get yelled at how they aren't doing their jobs. They go complain to Chapman or the Police Chief: "Dad... they are being mean, wahhhh!" "Those damn Station 19 kids and their friends, I'm going to give them a spanking!" 

4 minutes ago, UNOSEZ said:

Enjoy the tension between Bishop and Andy feels real..

That scene was going somewhere until the captain killed the juice. I like the captain too. His strictness is not bothering me but eventually his staff will break him down.

I wonder if he has a crush on Maya.

Poor poor Andy! Being wrong in the field stings! Also, she assumed her father was lonely and was surprised to learn Ryan visits him a few times. 

How much is Miller making to afford that waterfront?

Pruitt's fridge needs some help.

1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

How much is Miller making to afford that waterfront?

I was thinking that also.  Maybe he is renting (owner has a long-term job out of town, didn't want to sell, maybe gave him a break on the rent because of his service, etc. etc.)  Or maybe he has an inheritance.  I suspect we won't find out and may never see the place again (I don't remember seeing it when he was with JJ.  Her place got trashed, so it wasn't like he was at her place, unless she got something else.)

I like the new Captain, he seems tough, but he knows what he is doing, and isnt just some asshole for the other characters to work around. I hope he can stick around a bit longer, he actually does seem like a good fit for this station. 

Poor Andy, that freaking sucks for her. But, I am sure she will get to be the hero again by next week. 

I also liked them mixing up character pairings a bit this week. They worked better than I thought they would. 

1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

I hope he can stick around a bit longer, he actually does seem like a good fit for this station. 

Not a chance.  As you pointed out, he knows what he is doing, and is quite competent at taking command.  He'll never mesh with all the drama kings and queens at 19. (/snark)

I'm a bit confused about the process of the hoarder rescue.  What did Herrera touch that knocked her off her feet.  Was she stunned for the rest of the call that she couldn't do anything except crawl around?  I had to laugh when former doctor, now firefighter diagnoses a cardiac tamponade based solely on Herrera's brief observations, and in turn, tells her how to do this very complex and life-threatening procedure to relieve the pressure on the heart. But, this sort of thing happens everyday in Shondaland. 

To me, it would have made more sense to clear away stuff from the doorway after making entry, or at least remove the door completely, so they could extricate the patient that much easier. And tie a rope to the wraparound stretcher to the crew outside could assist in pulling her out.

Outside of the bonding experience for the brothers on the ride along, I thought his day was pretty much wasted as a training experience.  What the FD and PD need to do is train together in groups, so that each knows what the other's duties are and how to effectively communicate in various situations.  And then pass that training on within the firehouse or squad rooms.

On 10/19/2018 at 6:17 AM, readster said:

I'm still surprised they are going to drag out Bishop's hearing issues

Huh, I had actually forgotten about that. I just thought he wanted Maya to turn down her radio so that Andy wouldn't hear what he was saying. <shrug>