Type keyword(s) to search

Banned from the Vic: EE actors in other roles

Watching Doc Martin and noticed the obvious ---Joe Absolom (Matthew Rose)----and the not-so obvious. Paul Moriatry (Crime Boss George Palmer  AKA Peggy's boyfriend AKA Rosa's lover AKA Gianni's supposed biological father) was Ruth's stalker.  It took me a wahile to recognize him. Louise Jamieson (Rosa diMarco) was Lousia's mother.

Spotted Lacey Turner in Call the Midwife too.

What made me laugh was seeing Sophie Stanton who played DCI Marsden turning up on Black Books also playing a cop.  I also saw her on an episode on Lewis (but she played a dog walker if I remember correctly).

How could I forget about Minty!

My favorite one has to be Shaun Williamson when he played himself on Extras since every single person (except Ricky's character) called him Barry from Eastenders.

• Love 1

Dang I forgot all about Cliff Parisi on CTM!  The good thing about CTM is it's in the East End: it would be wild if they could get Barbara Windsor or Pam St. Clement to guest on it.

Daniela Denby-Ashe (Sarah Hills) was on the mini-series The North and the South. And she was on that sitcom My Family (I have mixed feelings about that show: some episodes are great, some are awful.)

(edited)

Re-watching some Inspector Lewis programs and I spotted Mathilda Ziegler, AKA Donna Ludlow. Donna was Kathy's child, conceived during her rape as a teenager. I still remember the big scene where Kathy tells Donna that everytime she  (Kathy) looks at her (Donna) she only sees the face of her rapist!  I felt sorry for her.

Edited by Milz

Perry Fenwick was on an episode of Morse (Last Bus to Woodstock) ..way back in 1988. As was Shaun Williamson (The Way Through The Woods).

Matilda Ziegler is also on Cabin Pressure! She plays Princess Theresa of Liechtenstein who is the love interest of Martin Crieff (Benedict Cumberbatch).

Caught an episode of Keeping Up Appearances over the weekend. Gretchen Franklin (AKA Ethel Skinner) played a lady to whom Hyacinth's Daddy promised to marry.  Rose's seductive behavior scares her son and that ends the engagement to Daddy. She would have been on it during her East Ender run.

I've been thinking a lot about how to create new character threads that aren't spoilers. I don't think we can ignore 7 years of shows that have already aired. What do y'all think?

(edited)

Maybe put it in spoiler tags? the UK viewers will always be ahead of the PBS viewers due to the almost 10 year delay. Particularly with this thread, they will see tv shows that the US viewers may never see it at all OR see years later.

Edited by Milz
(edited)

That makes sense.  We should just try to be careful.  And, if we mess up, then we can just criticize each other.   Though, Dot would say to that (pause and light cigarette)  "judge, not, lest, ye, be judged."

Edited by M. Darcy
  • Love 2
(edited)

Three ex EE actors in 24: Live Another Day so far: Joseph Millson (Jason the guy who Lynne stupidly dumped in favor of Garry), Nabil Elouhabi (Tariq, the guy who gave his kidney to Ronnie Ferreira) and Alex Ferns (Trevor, the guy who got "ironed" by Little Mo). They played a cyberterrorist, a thug and a psychotic arms dealer, respectively.

Edited by TimWil
(edited)

Just saw the actress who played Chrissie Watts on the last episode of Father Brown.  She played the murder victim, she played it well.

Joseph Millson (Jason the guy who Lynne stupidly dumped in favor of Garry),

Didn't recognize him at all, he looks so young, I also liked him on the first season of The Sarah Jane Adventures.

Edited by sugarbaker design

I forgot my favorite one - Gary Beadle aka Paul Trueman was Oliver on Ab Fab!

WETA UK showed the season 2 finale of Doctor Who Doomesday on Sunday which had two EEers in it  - Tracy-Ann Oberman (Chrissie Watts) and Raji James (Ash Ferreira).  They were also in part one (Army of Ghosts) which also had Barbara Windsor playing Peggy Mitchell (and the ghost of Den Watts). 

Spoiled tagged because she isn't on Eastenders yet in PBS land

Aunt Bebe is in Outlander. Heh, I figured it out from reading the episode 2 thread - there was lots of Slitheen jokes in the thread.

The actor who played Andy Hunter is in a Priceline commercial that's getting a lot of airtime.

Glad to see he's getting more work.  He was a cad on Eastenders, but I kind of liked him.

I watch the show on PBSLand so this character is *long* gone from the current run, but I recently figured out that the actor who plays Kevin Wicks (Pat's cousin with the daughter who's a mechanic and the son Dino) is the actor who reads the monologue in Blue's song Parklife.