Type keyword(s) to search

S02E07: Morning of the Mindstorm

Welp, it wouldn't be a season of IF without Ward getting his ass beat up by someone. I really hope that they get him over his hump. While I absolutely appreciate the relationship he's developed with Danny, and his self-exploration this season, he has definitely lost some of his edge from S1. I want him to be both ally and to get his businessman's pragmatism and decisiveness back, so that he can be even more of a member of Team IF. Hopefully his hitting rock bottom here is prelude to that.

I want Davos' driver to get a name already. I like his character. I especially like the moment when he seemed like he was starting to respect and sympathize with Davos' mission, only to see his facial expression a minute or two later when he saw Davos killing homeless guys and realized Davos was just a psychopath.

Easter Egg? Professor Erskine is the person whose collection contained the Tibetan singing bowl from the IF stealing ritual. In the comics (and the MCU), Professor Erskine is more widely known as... the creator of the Super Soldier formula! Was his inquiry into the nature of the Iron Fist related to his development of the Super Soldier Formula? 

Edited by Cthulhudrew
  • Love 3

Misty seems to have a slight attraction to Ward, which amuses me greatly.  That would be an interesting couple!  Granted, for that to even have a remote chance, Ward really is going to need to get his shit together.  Although, to be fair, I guess having your sister basically say she wants nothing to do with you and your brother in all but name almost dying twice, could make many fall of the wagon.  But, yeah, he's a mess.  And apparently a future father as well.  Oh, Ward!

Had a feeling Davos' interest in that kid gang was to gain some pupils to convert.

I'm guessing Joy is budding up to Davos in order to get that bowl, which is really putting herself right into the fire.

I'm pretty sure Mary name-dropped Sokovia in her video chat to Walker.

I guess Danny and Colleen are officially "on a break now."  Not for your typical reasons either, but because Danny needs to get his ass back in gear, and he thinks only Colleen can do that as his sensei.  And since it's likely going to require her to beat his ass a bit judging from that first match, it is probably wise to not be a couple when all of that is going down!

• Love 5

That seems like a really contrived way to break Colleen and Danny up. Why exactly does Danny need training? Didn't he demonstrate that he was a superior martial artist in S1? And if it is indeed a break for the two, it really happened with a whimper, which is unfortunate. I think something on that level would warrant more than a dour "everything changes" and then a training montage (or equivalent). 

• Love 1

Just watched (most of) this episode this morning.

With apologies for nerd pedantry, the man who created the Super Soldier serum was Abraham Erskine, who died in Captain America 1. The person mentioned as the collector was "Ernst Erskine" if I caught the name that flashed across my screen right (I watch with closed captioning on because at least on my computer, Netflix plays music really loud but all the dialogue is whispered). Perhaps a descendant of Abraham, trying to recreate his miracle?

Mary is increasingly fascinating to me. I liked her storyline in this episode.

I like everyone in this show except Danny and Davos. They deserve each other. Lock them in a room forever and bring us a Daughters of the Dragon show instead.

14 hours ago, DeathQuaker said:

With apologies for nerd pedantry, the man who created the Super Soldier serum was Abraham Erskine, who died in Captain America 1. The person mentioned as the collector was "Ernst Erskine" if I caught the name that flashed across my screen right (I watch with closed captioning on because at least on my computer, Netflix plays music really loud but all the dialogue is whispered). Perhaps a descendant of Abraham, trying to recreate his miracle?

No need to apologize for the correction. :) 

Now that you mention it, I looked it up, and it looks like the Ernst Erskine character was from one of the more recent IF runs (Immortal, I'm guessing). 

• Love 1
On 9/10/2018 at 12:24 AM, thuganomics85 said:

Misty seems to have a slight attraction to Ward, which amuses me greatly.

I know! Every time she says something, I crack up. I love Misty.

I really hope that chick is not pregnant, I don't know why, but I just don't like her. Not really where I want Ward's story to go.

I'm really starting to love Mary's character. Her story has me hooked.

• Love 1
On 9/10/2018 at 1:34 AM, Cthulhudrew said:

That seems like a really contrived way to break Colleen and Danny up. Why exactly does Danny need training? Didn't he demonstrate that he was a superior martial artist in S1? And if it is indeed a break for the two, it really happened with a whimper, which is unfortunate. I think something on that level would warrant more than a dour "everything changes" and then a training montage (or equivalent). 

I was confused by this too. Danny already knows how to fight. What he needed was practice to deal with his injured leg.  I didn't see it as they "broke up". I took it as she wasn't going train him as his "girlfriend" but as instructor. As soon as they are done, they go back to normal? If it was them breaking up then that's dumb as I like them together :).

On 9/9/2018 at 11:24 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I'm pretty sure Mary name-dropped Sokovia in her video chat to Walker.

Yep she definitely did! Love those little MCU name drops! I wonder if she was in the military stationed nearby, or was a relief worker after the Ultron incident, and saw some shit? I am really liking the Mary story, and I hope she survives the season to become a reoccurring character throughout the Netflix wing of the MCU. 

Misty is totally into Ward! I love it! If/when Ward gets his life together, I would love to see them together, that sounds like it could be a super interesting couple. Oh, Ward. he was actually doing better, and now he is falling apart again. I hope his sponsor isnt really pregnant with his kid, I dont want to see more of her. I mean, it takes two to tango, and Ward is responsible for his own bad choices, but she is his sponsor, and its ridiculously inappropriate for her to sleep with him. She has apparently been sober for much longer, she should know better. 

I really like the guy who Davos recruited/threatened into becoming his driver/assistant. He actually seems to be showing some sympathy towards him at times, and other times, is basically just confused and somewhat horrified that he has gotten stuck with this lunatic. 

Kind of a weird reason for Danny and Colleen to take a break. She cant help him warm up just because she is also his girlfriend? And has he really lost so much skill just because he lost the fist and got beat up badly? 

• Love 2
On 9/20/2018 at 3:25 PM, blueray said:

I was confused by this too. Danny already knows how to fight. What he needed was practice to deal with his injured leg.  I didn't see it as they "broke up". I took it as she wasn't going train him as his "girlfriend" but as instructor. As soon as they are done, they go back to normal? If it was them breaking up then that's dumb as I like them together :).

The way she put it, there is no going back.  Once your sensei always your sensei.  She says she will be responsible for what happens to him for the rest of his life.  Yes it's a real reach for her to become his teacher, and there is no way he should be able to do anything on a shattered leg except stay off it so it can heal properly, but whatever.  

• Love 1
On 20/09/2018 at 6:25 PM, blueray said:

More and more I am starting to think that the guys in Kun Lun were just crappy teachers. I mean if you are going to teach a guy to be the beat fighter in the world, maybe i don't know spend a day or two teaching him how to fight with an injured leg.

Also why has no one brought up the fact that a great way to take out Davos would be to get help from a guy who can take an Iron Fist punch to the face and stay standing? I really hope Misty went to get Lukw Cage because otherwise it is annoying.