Type keyword(s) to search

Love Island (UK) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Can someone explain the Mike/Jess situation for me? I skipped about a week of the series because I was bored, then started watching for Casa Amor.

During the week you missed, Mike was putting on the full court press on Jess.  "I've always had feelings for you/want to pursue you" type of thing.  Seriously came hard for her...and tried to say he liked Sianese too (possibly first), even though they have a more brother/sister relationship.  So it came off very, "I just want to stay in the villa & will do anything to make it so."  Everyone saw it, so Jess didn't want to entertain Mike anymore (even though he's her type).  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, OnceSane said:

During the week you missed, Mike was putting on the full court press on Jess.  "I've always had feelings for you/want to pursue you" type of thing.  Seriously came hard for her...and tried to say he liked Sianese too (possibly first), even though they have a more brother/sister relationship.  So it came off very, "I just want to stay in the villa & will do anything to make it so."  Everyone saw it, so Jess didn't want to entertain Mike anymore (even though he's her type).  

Gotcha. That does seem worse than just two single people hanging out and wondering if they should date (ala what happened with Luke and Demi which I don’t think will last but I think they were both pretty honest about things.)

• Love 1

I watched season one.  They are just so much more messy than the US version.  I can laugh at Jonathon and Hannah fight just because of the accents.  

I really was sick of Omar showing his bare ass.  I just wanted him to go away and put on some pants.  He was like the little puppy that jumped up and down around the big dogs.  Then he would go and lean back in the chair and tell the camera all about how him and the guys saw the women.  I was so happy when he was voted out.  But he just kept coming back.

Zoe was the female that I really disliked.  I wasn't even sure what it was at first.  But she annoyed me.

I warmed to Jess over the season and was happy when her and Max won.

Jonathon was hilarious the way he ran around with all the gossip.  He was always giving advice and keeping his nose in everyone's business.

• Love 1

Oh yes, there was Naomi in season one.  She was the female that played Josh and Max.  Josh had pretty eyes and hair.  But he was just so dumb.  I always laughed when the others had to explain words to him.  

Season 3

I just watched Season 3.  I loved it.  I liked most of the cast.   I did not like Jonny and Tyla.  I was happy when they finally left.  Chloe also annoyed me.  She ran around with all the gossip.  But she always added details that never really happened.  

I would have preferred if Camilla and Jamie had won.  But I did enjoy Kem so I didn't mind that he and Amber won.  At least Camilla and Jamie got the love story.  They are still together and expecting a baby.  I was surprised that Dom & Jessica worked out.  They are married with a kid.  

The Mike part was sad since I already knew he had died before watching the season.  I was actually happy when he left so I didn't have to think about it.  But then he returned.  

I liked Montana for most of the season.  But near the end it was so obvious she just wanted to win the money.  She started to turn on the others and make snide little remarks that others were not really in love and playing the game.  When actually she was the one just playing the game.  It did not surprise me when she dumped Alex right after the season.  

I was upset with Mr Blazing Squad when I heard he had cheated on Gabby.  I did have hope for them.  But I read Marcel cheated on her while they were on vacation.  Poor Gabby.  

This was just a fun season and I looked forward to each new episode.  Most of the cast were friends and they had fun and kept me entertained.

The Kem and Chris bromance was funny.  

I am about 15 episodes into the 4th season.  I am enjoying it so far.  Adam is a rather arrogant jerk with the women.  But I do enjoy him when he is helping Alex with the other guys. 

Season 4

I finished watching season four on the weekend.  I really enjoyed it.  They did so much re-coupling that it was hard to remember who was with who.  Dani & Jack were the only couple that stayed with the same partner all season.  It only made sense that they would win.  They did not last on the outside though.  Dani went back to her old boyfriend from before Love Island and was pregnant last I read.  Jack had a baby with a girlfriend he is no longer with.  In fact none of the couples from this season lasted outside of Love Island.  

Scottish Laura came in second with carpenter/model Paul.  After the show it came out that Paul had a model girlfriend back in New York city.  I never did believe them as a couple.  I always found Laura overly dramatic.  I still think she got to second place because everyone in Scotland kept voting for her.  

Both Josh & Kaz and Wes & Megan broke up.  I never trusted that Megan could stay faithful.  Samira left for Frankie and he kept cheating on her till they broke up.  Adam went after Zara and they did not last either.  Sam & Georgia finally left together.  But she ended up cheating on him and they broke up.  I thought she was suppose to be so LOYAL.  Ellie and Charlie broke up.  He ended up throwing her and her stuff out of his place to get rid of her.  Charlie also got in trouble for liking some Trump tweets.  

They sure did a lot of switching up with Casa Amor this season.  In fact I think this season had more re-coupling than most seasons.  Dr Alex was always waiting for the perfect woman.  But then he got Alexandra and she wasn't good enough for him.  I think he got less popular the longer he was in the villa.  I still think he was better paired with Charlie at Casa Amor but he dumped her for Grace.  Grace lost interest in him the minute she got brought back to the villa.  Dr Alex complained that she didn't get his sense of humor.  But yet him and Charlie laughed all the time and he dumped her. 

They really spent too much time on who kissed who with Georgia and Jack at their date.  Georgia could be entertaining at times.  But she also became tiresome after awhile.  

I will watch season five eventually.  

Oh I had to look up who Dani's father was since we heard so much about him.  Danny Dyer is famous and Jack had his poster on his wall as a kid.  It did make me laugh.  

At the end of the day...  They all say it.  But Georgia would say it several times in the same conversation.

Edited by LakeGal

I am, although it's annoying to be on a delay from the UK watchers and go to Twitter!  I am having some trouble keeping some of the ladies and guys differentiated in my mind.  Millie/Lucinda/Hugo/Jack/Liberty/etc all look the same (I half watch while I am doing other stuff, which is the real issue).

• Love 2

I'm watching! And I'm a little addicted. It's miles better than the US version. I'm behind and trying not to be spoiled but it's hard. But it's a perfect summer binge because it's so so frothy and delicious.

• Love 3

So because I have no life, I have rewatched Season 3 as well as looked up articles to see who is together or not still. 

Camilla and Jamie are still tied for my favorite couple ever (with Nathan and Cara), with C&J recently announcing they are expecting a second child. 

Nathan and Cara just moved into their “dream home,” so I am hoping they are doing well also. 

From season 6, Siannise and Luke T apparently split but they have not confirmed it - he moved out of their apartment. Meanwhile, Luke M and Lucie (season 5, I believe) are engaged. I always thought Siannise acted like she was better than everybody else - I was one of the few happy that Paige and Finn won. 

US edition is so boring and annoying by comparison. But some of the season 3 couples are still together! (Maybe just Shannon/Josh though)

• Love 1

Is anyone watching this on Hulu?  There's a slight delay in the US, putting us a bit behind the live broadcast in the UK, but I'm watching and enjoying, as ever...it's my summertime treat.  😄

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Yes! I am trying to stay away from SM and other spoilers so I can just “enjoy” the show. I love Tasha but this is after 1 episode. Paige annoys me. I feel sorry for whoever is coupled up with her. I hope Dami starts talking more. 

• Love 2

Anyone have a VPN link to watch this in the US? I am watching on Hulu and it is at least a week behind and I feel like I am missing so much because media and posts are all about things happening currently that I have not been able to see yet as the episodes are delayed? 

please remove if this request is not allowed. Thanks in advance! 

So, this year's guys are the worst ever. I never watch LI from the start; I like to give it awhile to get going and then around Casa, I'm glued... this year Im glued for the wrong reasons. It's now a hate watch.

Luca - wow, red flag central. Even his fam on IG are apologising for his behaviour. You know you're a wrong 'un when Adam 'women's aid statement' collard is actually one of the best in there!  Gemma needs to ditch him fast. He is a nasty bully and needs removed.

I had hopes for Ekin and Davide, but he's too insecure and bringing her down. She deserves better. All the girls do.

Dami? Well he's just an idiot trying to be one of the lads and just messing up left and right. Eugh.

If only the girls could couple up and steal the £50k for themselves.

• Love 1

Can we discuss Danica's delusions? I get it. It absolutely sucks to not find a connection, and have the added humiliation of having every guy reject you. That's harsh. But wow. Girl has such a bad picker. I'm no Jay fan but I picked up what he was putting down right away. Gurl, he's not into you. But I also get that Charlie is like the sexless Ken Doll of the villa, and nobody wants to touch his plastic package. I couldn't stop laughing (incredulously) when Danica is like, what am I missing? A brain cell, perhaps. That's a level of dumb reserved for the bros on FBoy Island. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, ZeeEnnui said:

Can we discuss Danica's delusions?

It also doesn't help when the standard of her chat is like she's giving them a job interview. "I just wanted to have a discussion..." - Twitter don't call her Danica from HR for nothing. She also just needs to see that if she wants to win this thing, she needs to realise Deji is her key to that.

And four new bombshells at this point? Hope they haven't unpacked and got comfy because they won't be staying.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
On 2/21/2023 at 8:58 AM, janeyjay said:

Anyone watching the winter season besides me? 

Yes! I'm so glad I'm not alone in watching another season of bathing suits and red flags (with a bonus bunny boiler thrown in. I'm looking at you, Olivia).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 2/26/2023 at 4:49 PM, ZeeEnnui said:

Yes! I'm so glad I'm not alone in watching another season of bathing suits and red flags (with a bonus bunny boiler thrown in. I'm looking at you, Olivia).

She is a nightmare. 

• LOL 1

Anyone else watching this Summer.  Hulu now only has a 5 day delay on episodes (vs. the previous 10) so I caught up this weekend.

Mitch reminds me too much of Luka, both in looks and temperament. 

Way too much possessiveness so early. both Mitch & Ella especially. You just met these people, they're not committed to you!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Also watching, but on VPN -- this is my guiltiest pleasure and I like to be caught up in (almost) real time. 

Mitch is a little unhinged but great TV. Sammy is walking ICK for me, but also great TV.  Like the girls for the most part, which is refreshing (looking at you, last season's Olivia)

• Like 1

Happy to see some other folks watching!  We're watching on Hulu; this is really our summer treat, we love it.  We usually wait until the weekend and then binge the episodes we want to watch (skipping the Unseen Bits and recaps).  So far I'm not really like ANYone, which is fine with me...I'm happy to just snark away at everyone.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I cannot get a good read on any of these people -- but my stars, do they bring the drama. Frankly, the only couple I even remotely like is Mehdi and Whitney -- but I rate this season pretty high on the entertainment meter.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, MsVulcan said:

I have watched 11 episodes and I still cannot understand one word Tyrique has said!  I understand everyone else, so it must be him, not me.  🤣

After Downton Abbey, I now watch anything from the UK with the closed captions on. Actually, I watch everything but sports with closed captions. It's been very helpful with Love Island, where the Islanders often talk very quickly and I am old 🤣

• LOL 1
On 6/20/2023 at 11:41 AM, janeyjay said:

I cannot get a good read on any of these people -- but my stars, do they bring the drama. Frankly, the only couple I even remotely like is Mehdi and Whitney -- but I rate this season pretty high on the entertainment meter.

Same, but not a Medhi fan. I thought he was hella wrong for accusing Whitney of making Jess cry. He had no idea what the conversation was even about yet he quickly blamed her. She & Catherine were entirely right for telling Jess she was acting like (and would come across as) a mean girl.  Jess started crying because she was uncomfortable being called on it, not because of anything Whitney & Catherine actually said to or about her.

Then watching him double down the next morning almost shaming her until Jess told him it wasn't an issue. He comes across as extremely judgmental and that made me question why he was so quick to believe Jess over the person he's supposedly building a relationship with...

I also watch with subtitles but Ty is a huge mumbler. I think he's shady but I also don't care much for Ella. She's always pouting and complaining. 

• Like 2

No spoilers here, as I'm ahead of Hulu with the aired episodes,  but this has become one banana-pants bonkers season in a good way. It's giving everything one might want in a summer fluff reality show and more. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
On 6/25/2023 at 1:42 PM, janeyjay said:

No spoilers here, as I'm ahead of Hulu with the aired episodes,  but this has become one banana-pants bonkers season in a good way. It's giving everything one might want in a summer fluff reality show and more. 

It. Is. Bonkers.  We caught up on Hulu yesterday and we had such fun watching these nutters!  Watching how they say one thing to their friends and another to their partner or the person they WANT to be their partner...I cannot wait for the movie night where they get to see what was said behind their backs!  

"I'm too pretty to be treated like this." 🤣

• LOL 1

Anyone else watching the All Stars version? The word I'd use to describe it is -- messy. And not just because of Messy Mitch. I mean, he's right in there with the chaos but he's not the only one.

• Like 2

Finally caught up (Peacock schedule, no VPN yet for me) and I couldn't agree more on Messy Mitch. He's such a petulant man child. I applauded Anton for calling him out.

Speaking of Anton, why doesn't he garner more interest? Guessing it's a height thing.

I really hope Liberty eventually finds a decent man. Kaz too. I'm also rooting for Molly, Arabella & Hannah. 

Chris is also on my shit list. Just because he was honest about being a douche to Arabella doesn't mean he wasn't a douche. His refusal to accept any blame is not attractive IMHO. I mean, we already have Toby for that!

• Like 3
14 hours ago, snarts said:

Speaking of Anton, why doesn't he garner more interest? Guessing it's a height thing.

I am baffled that he doesn't get more attention.  IMO, he's far and away the best "boy" in the villa.  I can't even type that without hearing Ian's voice....in the villaaahhhh.  😄

• Like 2
  • LOL 1