Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Forgiving.is.Living

sjankis630

Ok. So Spence and Joe finally came to their senses and will maybe now try and concentrate a little more on football? I cannot believe that Lance has finagled yet another episode and will probably be in at least one more.

The issue i have is, although i know that the athletes aren't Shakespeare actors, it would help if they had more people who are actors vs those who are terrible.

Surfing guy, Lance, and football player with pissed girlfriend are the terrible actors and the more time they are on  screen the less enjoyable it is to me.

I am assuming that Joe is calling Lance on his lowball offer and maybe Lance is full of it and putting on a show. I still am not feeling any real tension for Spence and Joe. They have no real plan it seems for how they want to expand the business. They are "buying" other people's stuff without doing the due diligence. 

Back in their Finance account days that would not have passed muster but now shooting from the hip is OK?

Show please crap or get off the pot. And please no health scares or nightmares for Spence.

• Love 1

Joe is an idiot...a schmuck...a putz. Has been since day one. He is bad enough, but then add Brand's character and its really cringe-worthy.

The Troy Garity character (what is his name?) has become a p-whipped wimp. Surprised to see that. His girlfriend is a piece of work. She should get together with Lance...they would be quite the pair!

• Love 1

Of all the things that there are to complain about on this show, this one seems so obvious. Yet it’s why I’m out. The way women are portrayed on this show is disturbing. Only Charles's wife and whoever Spence is currently sleeping with are portrayed as intelligent, supportive, and independent characters. Everyone else is a gold digger, shrill, manipulative, and just unpleasant. Jason’s girlfriend is the woooooorst. 

I know I’m expecting too much out of a show that’s basically Entourage for professional athletes, but I just can’t anymore with these stereotypes. In the end, I could’ve survived the weak writing, even weaker acting, and the presence of Russel Brand.

• Love 3

Why are we insulting Entourage by comparing it to Ballers?  Ballers sucks.  Entourage (to me) was at least watchable.  I like this show when it first started and involved football and Miami, pretty much my two favorite things.....now skateboarding and surfing AND Russell BLAND.  UGH - make it all go away!

• Love 1

You know, when last season ended I was on the fence about whether I wanted to return. I've read through this season's episode threads (which didn't take long) and decided I'm not going to waste the time on it. Though I haven't watched the season, based on the threads, I'm getting a bit of an Entourage vibe now - like the show should have quit when it was ahead. I loved the first few seasons of Entourage when it had its focus but I quit the last couple of seasons because imo, it became an excuse to have bare-breasted women walking around while Ari threw a tantrum over something and people oohed and aahed over Vince.

It sounds like Ballers is headed down a similar path - getting away from its initial premise of football and trying to go somewhere that will include drama and hijinx for Spencer. I'd prefer to remember it fondly, when it was about football, and not tune into hate watch. I'll read the threads and if it looks like there's a change or some promise, I'll give it a shot. But Russell Brand, surfing and skateboarding? Nothing about that says football to me and the established characters weren't quite compelling enough to make me go down this new path with them.