Type keyword(s) to search

Season Two: The Alienist: The Angel Of Darkness

Melanie Field & Rosy McEwen Join TNT’s ‘Alienist’ Sequel ‘The Angel Of Darkness’

The Alienist’s lead cast, including Daniel Brühl (Rush), Luke Evans (The Girl on the Train) and Dakota Fanning (American Pastoral), will return for The Angel of Darkness with a new storyline that finds Sara Howard (Fanning), who has opened her own private detective agency, enlisting the help of Dr. Laszlo Kreizler (Brühl) and John Moore (Evans) to hunt down an elusive killer.

Field will play Bitsy Sussman, an industrious young protege at the Sara Howard Detective Agency who looks to Sara for professional guidance but who brings her own warmth and New York street smarts to the job.

McEwen will portray Libby Hatch, a sensitive young nurse and would-be whistleblower who befriends Sara.

• Love 2

The Flash alum Matt Letscher is set to recur as newspaper titan William Randolph Hearst on TNT’s The Angel of Darkness, the network’s upcoming limited series sequel to The Alienist, and based on the sequel to author Caleb Carr’s bestselling book.

In addition, Brittany Batchelder, a guest star on The Alienist, has been elevated to a recurring role for Season 2. She plays Joanna, Cyrus Montrose’s niece, who returns to New York as an aspiring journalist who becomes a protege to Luke Evans’ John Moore at the New York Times.

https://deadline.com/2019/06/the-angel-of-darkness-matt-letscher-william-randolph-hearst-brittany-batchelder-cast-1202627223/

Brittany had her first day of filming today, according to her IG story. It'll be interesting to see how Joanna and John get along. She was quite the spitfire in her one small scene in season 1. I think she's gonna keep John on his toes. 🙂

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/9/2019 at 11:20 PM, pezgirl7 said:

Luke's still not happy with Moore's stiff collar! I remember him complaining about it last year. Dakota had to contend with the corsets, and the guys had their collars. lol

60950917_476282276477867_640875284171115

He also posted a video of him riding a scooter on set:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Byc_nqhnD5H/

Ha ha, he doesn’t look too happy. I’m so glad it’s returning.

Edited by jub
  • Love 4
13 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Poo...that makes me think they don't think they'll get good ratings and don't intend a 3rd season.

I got the impression it was COVID related but, no one knows for sure. TNT delayed the premier from May to July and then doubled up the episodes. 

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I got the impression it was COVID related but, no one knows for sure. TNT delayed the premier from May to July and then doubled up the episodes. 

Maybe it took them longer to get the eps ready bc of covid, but they needed it to still end on at the same time due to another show starting? Though personally I think they might as well push every thing back a little because nothing new was filmed for this fall.

Edited by LadyChaos