Type keyword(s) to search

Favorite Sandwich?

• Start Topic

If you're going to put a food gun to my head and make me choose to only have one sandwich, done right, for the rest of my life...  It's pretty easy for me to make that decision.

I love a French Dip, Philly Cheese Steak, Tuna salad, Egg salad, Chicken salad, Grilled cheese, Ham and cheese...  etc. and so on.

But the ultimate sandwich, for me, is so simple, so sublime and so easy.

The answer is:

Spoiler

BLT

You're welcome!  😀

• Love 1

Primanti's pastrami and cheese with egg. (Hard choice because almost every sandwich there is good.)

primanti-brothers.jpg

That's right. Fries and coleslaw and an egg!

The original restaurant was next to the produce terminal in Pittsburgh. The sandwiches were made to give the truck drivers a "full" meal that they could eat while driving. As you might guess, it can be a messy experience.

• Love 1

So this isn’t my favorite sandwich but I do like it and made it today for lunch Sav friend said it sounded weird and gross so in looking for opinions, is it weird?  Sliced turkey, cream cheese, lettuce, red onions, and capers on black bread.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, callie lee 29 said:

So this isn’t my favorite sandwich but I do like it and made it today for lunch Sav friend said it sounded weird and gross so in looking for opinions, is it weird?  Sliced turkey, cream cheese, lettuce, red onions, and capers on black bread.

Never heard of that combination. Except for the red onion, sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, callie lee 29 said:

I don't like cream cheese, so I wouldn't eat it, but I don't think it sounds gross.  Weird?  A little.

20 hours ago, callie lee 29 said:

Make a few substitutions and you have a classic Lox 'n Bagel.  Salmon for turkey, bagel for black bread, lose the lettuce add tomato and there you go.

So not weird imo.  

On 4/25/2020 at 5:58 PM, callie lee 29 said:

Love the onion, cream cheese, and capers.  I'm not a turkey person but I would eat a tartine with just those ingredients.  Maybe some fresh dill.