Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E02: The Rorqual Affair

Blue Morpho just walking into Wide Wale's office is just the height of his arrogance. Damn that Gary overslept.

Yeah, of course Wide Wale knew Blue Morpho was the Monarch the whole time. And speaking of obvious, totally called that Dr. Dugong and Wide Wale were brothers. The most throwaway death in the series became super important to the plot. So many parts of this episode were straight out of Jaws (the fake Blue Morpho, Monarch's dream, Red Death's story on Gargantua 1), I love it. Speaking of Gargantua 1...holy crap, did Red Death imply that HE was Phantom Space Man?!

I always love seeing Brick Frog, and he finally got a line! I just love all the villains, like Tunnel Vision. I just love that Doc & Jackson follow The Tick and come up with the names first and work backward from there.

The OSI Dummy Corp is ACTUALLY called Dummy Corp. I loved that.

So many things happened in the last few minutes! Doctor Dugong is alive?! And the real Blue Morpho, too! That was all intense, can't wait for next week.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, supernatural666 said:

Okay throw out your ideas on how the Blue Morpho is alive or if it's not the real Blue Morpho who or what he is because I have 0 ideas.

I saw a theory that it's Vendata/Venturion dressed as Blue Morpho and reactivated when Pete took an axe to Jonas.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1
44 minutes ago, CletusMusashi said:

All I know is that I have been waiting almost my entire life to hear that riff about stupid little masks. 

Well whether you thought it was a good movie or not you got to give Green Lantern a point for the female lead pointing out the silliness of the idea that she would not recognize Hal just because she couldn't see his cheekbones.

Edited by supernatural666

Thank you, AS app, for letting me watch this early, so I could watch Last Week Tonight in the early morning. Sadly, that didn’t mesh with my poor time- management skills, and now I’m on a shaky express bus that costs more one-way than the ferry and two trains.

Anyone want to bet that’s not Dr. Dugong, but rather the Sovereign? That his body was recovered by OSI, and the sniper guy didn’t actually (accidentally) kill him?

Rocco grows on me. Not much else to add.

Hey, Blue Morpho has arrived! But he’s dead. And Monarch is right there. Sure. At this point, why the fuck not? Though if Jonas has been alive for all these years, maybe the original Morpho faked his death? Seriously, I have little clue, if any.

13 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Anyone want to bet that’s not Dr. Dugong, but rather the Sovereign? That his body was recovered by OSI, and the sniper guy didn’t actually (accidentally) kill him?

I doubt that the Sovereign knew about their mom's emails.

I think they're setting Red Death up to die. He was definitely acting the part of Quint in this episode, plus all that talk about retirement puts a giant bullseye on him.

EDIT: The art that Wide Wale stole for Dugong was called "The Physical Impossibility of Death in The Mind of Someone Living." Also not the first time Damien Hirst was mentioned in the show.

Edited by Galileo908

My theory is that Kano and VenData are the original Blue Morpho and, well, Kano.

The assumption's been that Kano took a vow of silence after the death of Dr. Venture, but it's a lot more logical to think that it was after Blue Morpho's death/reuse by Dr. Venture, when you think of it. Maybe that's why Monarch's basement didn't have the lair when Dr. Mrs. The Monarch went down there: there must be some kind of screen or whatever to protect it and either Kano or Blue flipped the switch when they took the Morphomobile.

On 8/13/2018 at 9:12 PM, Galileo908 said:

I doubt that the Sovereign knew about their mom's emails.

I'm just making wild guesses, and getting set to brag about my genius if I'm correct.

5 hours ago, Matt K said:

God I love Red Death.  He's become my favorite side character now (sorry Shore Leave) so I hope they don't kill him off.

Ever read Dark Metal? They got a Batman known as "Red Death" that stole Flash's speed. I like the one we're seeing a lot better. So terrifying, yet so nurturing.

Oh, and here's the t-shirt of the week.

On 8/12/2018 at 10:51 PM, Galileo908 said:

I saw a theory that it's Vendata/Venturion dressed as Blue Morpho and reactivated when Pete took an axe to Jonas.

I have no idea what that means, but the better running gag is that there's a lot of "Blue Morpho"s out there this season until we meet the real one at the end.