Type keyword(s) to search

Christopher Robin (2018)

Spartan Girl
  • Start Topic

Really?  Nobody wanted to start a thread for this one?

I saw it last night, and I liked it a lot.  It was cute.  Yes, the scenario is a lot like Hook, but that's not a bad thing.  And Christopher Robin's growing up experiences of boarding school, his dad dying, and going to war make it a little more understandable why he gets to be so stiff and dour by the time he's an adult.  

I love that they got Jim Cummings back as Tigger and Pooh.  Pooh especially was great.  The moment when he asks Christopher Robin if he had "let him go" was just so heartbreaking.

Tigger is still my favorite.  And yes, he does get to sing "The Wonderful Thing About Tiggers."

Brad Garrett was PERFECT as Eyeore, and he had some of the best lines in the whole movie.

• Love 6

I can’t wait to see this! I love Ewan McGregor and Haley Atwell. Eeyore is ny favorite from the 100 Acre Woods, so I’m glad he got some good lines. I doubt I’ll see this in theaters bc its just so dang expensive now, but I will see it eventually.

• Love 4

I liked it a lot.  Reviews have noted the obvious comparison to Hook, but this is a lot better than Hook.

The CGI animation for Pooh and the rest of the gang was quite effective, though I think a bit moreso for the ones that are meant to be toys, versus Owl and Rabbit.  Speaking of them, one complaint:  not enough Rabbit.  Though I understand why, in a sense, since a regular-looking rabbit wouldn't clash with the real world quite as much as the talking stuffed animals.

While this isn't in the same league of quality as the 2016 Pete's Dragon reimagining, I appreciate that it also understands that kids don't need the figurative car keys jangled in front of their eyes every thirty seconds in order to be engaged in a story.

• Love 4

I finally got to see this on an international flight, and I really enjoyed it!  I loved the animation, and the voices were spot-on.  Eeyore’s always been my favorite, and I thought his best bit was when he complained that Tigger was going to sing his song.

I sort of see the comparison to Hook, but this was miles better, and no one kidnapped any children to make minions out of them.

• Love 3

I have never been a Winnie the Pooh follower but my mom told me to watch this movie. I am glad I did. It was quiet and charming and just soothed me. What a sweet little film for a stressed out me. Pooh was adorable. 

• Love 3

I used the "fwd 10 sec" button A LOT -- not feeling patient enough today, I guess -- but there were some very charming bits. I laughed so hard when Pooh says "People always say nothing is impossible. But I do nothing every day." I want that on a t-shirt!

• Love 2