Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: You Gotta Whip That Cream

• Start Topic

Teams fly home to Canada and duel it out in Stratford, Ont., where for some, it's a Shakespearean tragedy, for others, comedy.

I was worried for Mar during the fencing task because she seemed to be aiming for excellent when she needed to make up time. Her training really showed, she looked fantastic, and I was relieved that perfectionism wasn't their downfall.

Is this the first time teams have had a clue that didn't specify there would be a mat? (I hesitate to call it a pit stop since it was a "still racing" mat.)

I've been to Stratford often enough that most of their locations were very familiar, but I didn't know the nickname of their city hall and I was surprised anyone got the "square" from the clue card. Dylan and Kwame were lucky that bystanders told them where the other teams had gone.  

• Love 1
8 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I was worried for Mar during the fencing task because she seemed to be aiming for excellent when she needed to make up time. Her training really showed, she looked fantastic, and I was relieved that perfectionism wasn't their downfall.

Is this the first time teams have had a clue that didn't specify there would be a mat? (I hesitate to call it a pit stop since it was a "still racing" mat.)

Mar could have probably tried it a lot sooner and gotten it. She rubbed me the wrong way during that challenge. 

Usually a TBC leg says "Find Phil" or "Find John." I actually thought that the RCMP siblings screwed up because he said "you are the first team to arrive" and not "team number 1." I should have clued in that it was a TBC leg.

Edited by AEMom
Typo
  • Love 3

After my disappointment of my fav team leaving last week, I decided to tune in again. I was meh on this episode. It was annoying that I think it was half the teams made a huge mistake by driving to Oshawa instead of Ingersoll, but it really made no difference since they arrived in the middle of the night and the challenge did not start until the morning. Contrast that with my fav team last week leaving because they had the bad luck to have a cabbie who didn't know where he was going, compounded by being u-turned because they were a strong team. I know it is the game, but it ticked me off seeing the stupid moves made this week with no consequences. And Mar annoyed me as well. Unless it was the editing monkeys, it looked like she could have tried and nailed the challenge long before they ended up last because of her need for perfection. The trainer looked like he was ready to kill her - I know I was. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 2

Should've done a night leg, get tough.

I had some sympathy for the one who tried to the sword fighting well, the judging is pretty easy on these kind of things these days.

The highlight by far I thought was the puzzle that seemed to give several teams problems, though only one side of the detour had to do it.  Also because it wasn't far away teams could follow each other or just ask the public where teams were running to.

9 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

It was annoying that I think it was half the teams made a huge mistake by driving to Oshawa instead of Ingersoll, but it really made no difference since they arrived in the middle of the night and the challenge did not start until the morning.

I thought the same thing, but then I realized that they started the leg at night and it was night again, so they had been going for 24 hours already.  The teams that drove to the wrong GM plant would have gotten a lot less sleep before the morning start, so I think were penalized in some way after all.

Edited by AEMom
Typo

I was also annoyed that the Ingersoll/Oshawa mistake really had no effect on the teams whatsoever.  That's a major mistake that should have cost them something more than a couple hours of sleep. It seems like most of the teams knew there would be an Hours of Operation bunch because none of them seemed too upset when they realized they had just made a 2 1/2 hour mistake.

I think they need to switch up the editing somehow because I knew as soon as the first team checked in that it was a TBC leg. (Or maybe the problem is that I've watched too much reality tv so the editing seems obvious to me lol). I did, however, enjoy Jon surprising all the teams and them having to run out to collect their backpacks.

Not sure if previews are spoilers but tagging this comment just in case:

Spoiler

I'm not looking forward to next week when they go to Toronto. I know I should enjoy seeing my home city on the Race but I just find it so distracting when I see them running through places I go to.  I wish they'd spend more time in random places up North or out East.

Edited by Rachel RSL

I think the thing is TAR Canada very rarely races outside of business hours, to the point where we don't even get "Jerk and Twit, who were the first to arrive at 3:12pm, will be the first to depart at 3:12am" leg starts. Like I get that it's a bad idea to start a leg on the edge of the Arctic Circle at buttfuck o'clock, but when most of the season takes place so close to the US border, in late spring/early summer, and the show actively encourages spoilers with things like promoting the U-Turn in Ottawa last year so that Asshole and Sphincter conveniently ran into their real-life friend, there's no fucking excuse for not doing something so simple to ramp up the Killer Fatigue on a franchise that desperately needs it.