Type keyword(s) to search

T.C. Callahan: Adrenaline Junkie

I think where the writers made a mistake is making TC an American.  I'm not familiar with the actor before now, but someone from in this forum said he's either from Britain or Ireland.  So, make TC that.  British forces (even Prince Harry) did serve in Afghanistan, and I think it would have added another layer to the character and the show.  I could totally buy Drew and Topher becoming friends with a British doctor/medic while they were serving, and all that would be needed would be a slight fanwank of an exchange program or fellowship where TC comes to the States to see/perform trauma medicine in an American hospital.

TC is too bland.  The actor is in a triangle with two other actors who I find bland.  I've always found Jill Flint to be bland.  Scott Wolf, who was once interesting to me as Bailey, now can't see to escape Bailey.  The characters that he picks to play (that I've seen) have done nothing to separate him enough so that I see someone other than Bailey.  I had the same problem with Scott on NCIS.

So, when I've got Bailey as one arm of the triangle, Bland as the second, and some generic American character as the third arm, I seriously do not care.  If the actor has an accent or a perspective that isn't American (even if it's not significantly different), that's what's interesting to me as an American.

I loved Flashpoint for the same reason.  The more Canadian flags I saw, the happier I was.  Ditto for Law and Order: UK.  I want to know that I'm in Britain when I watch it.

To hear that we had the opportunity to juxtapose Britain with the American South (even in a fluffy summer show), and that opportunity sailed right on by the producers is a disappointing waste of available resources, in my opinion.

• Love 2

Okay, I give up... What's his first name? The "T" part?...

LOL.

I must say that the "T" cracked me up everytime during the last episode. He's such a special snowflake that he has a nickname for his nickname!

• Love 1

So have they really never said what his actual first name is? (I've watched since season 1 but not religiously...) Is it a big secret? Something truly awful? I'm trying to think of something hilarious, but I'm not coming up with much...

So have they really never said what his actual first name is? (I've watched since season 1 but not religiously...) Is it a big secret? Something truly awful? I'm trying to think of something hilarious, but I'm not coming up with much...

I don't remember that they ever did, and I didn't see his full name anywhere either (not on Wikipedia or the official site; for sure).

Just came to my mind now..maybe the T is for "Topher", and that's why they use the initials? They'd be name bros, awww *tongue firmly in cheek*

Thought I might should add that I'm the biggest TC fan around, for reference, for when people see my biased posts in other threads. Just being honest! :-)

Why am I a TC fan? That acccceeennntttt....!! *fangirl squee!* It reminds me of my #1 favorite character, Captain Hook on Once Upon a Time. And yes, perhaps I'm one of those people who *is* drawn to self-righteous characters, because of being able to watch the great change they go through.

Anyway... I'm always happy to agree to disagree, and I promise not to argue against opposing opinions. Just happy to have other people to discuss the show (while suspending disbelief!) with.

Ohhhh... ! The preview for Episode 7 has me so excided and intrigude!! In trying not to give away spoilers from the preview clip, I'll just say that it looks like poor TC will have 2 major "personal problems" to deal with at once. I hope he doesn't implode!! -- But man, I'm sure going to enjoy watching try not to implode and hopefully deal with both problems!

C'mon TC, I know you can handle all this I'm rooting for ya, buddy! :)

Edited by hacerry

Harkening back to my extreme fan-girl teenage self (which was sadly not so long ago), has anybody found a DECENT image to use as a wallpaper / background? Either of TC himself, or parts of the cast? 

The promotional images from NBC would be great if... they weren't... what they are. LOL