Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01 Who Knows Better Than I?

• Start Topic

Poor Suzanne. Trying to keep a secret plus being off her meds must have been a lot for her to deal with.

Heh, I'm with Daya - Piper's obsession with Alex is like a broken record and I don't care about it.

On 7/29/2018 at 1:08 AM, marriedaniac said:

Hearing Alex Trebek call Piper a bitch made my fucking week!

Same here! The hallucination sequence was worth it for that alone!

• Love 5

I'm only one episode in but it already looks like they are just rehashing last season's themes of guard conspiracy and prisoner abuse in a new setting.  From the comments I have read above, I guess that's what I can expect for the rest of the season.  Not thrilled about that.

• Love 1
On 7/27/2018 at 11:46 AM, Armchair Critic said:

The ship has sailed for making Suzanne endearing, I still blame her for Poussey's death.

As annoying as too much Suzanne can get, I do not blame her for Poussey's death.  Suzanne is mentally ill, on and off her medications, not getting psychiatric therapy and at the time of the incident was still traumatized by the fight club escapade between her and Maureen.  Suzanne is operating under diminished capacity.  Sometimes she makes sense and is lucid and sometimes she goes off the rails.  She turns violent without warning.  She shouldn't even be inside this prison, Litchfield minimum security or max.

• Love 10

I'm in for the long haul, as I've invested all this time watching each season.  I streamed Seasons 1 and 2 back in 2014 or 2015 before Season 3 was released.  The last episode I saw until this year was S02E13 where Miss Rosa escapes in the van and kills Vee on her way out.

I've binge-watched everything to now since mid-August.  It must have been strange for those of you who watched the entirety of Season 5, A Few Days In The Life of Litchfield's Prison Riot, and then have an entire year until the next installment!

Thanks for all those who've said this season will get better.

At this point, it's more starring Uzo Aduba and Taylor Schilling is part of the ensemble cast.  Piper is annoying AF and I'm sick of her and Alex's relationship.

I'm sad that the guards are going to pin the death of Piscatella (who I'm glad got his commupance, and not because of the inmates!) on the inmates.  These guards are sadistic monsters who are devious and evil.  I'm also sad that Daya is looking like she's ending up in for life.  Do the prisons just write up an inmate and blame the death of someone else on that person?  Isn't there a trial in the criminal court system?  Will Daya get an attorney?

My favorite character is Red.

• Love 3
On July 28, 2018 at 10:02 AM, Tinfoil Hat said:

I was turned off by the beginning. Yes, we get it, Suzanne has problems. The hallucination scenes went on and on and ON, without really adding anything to the story. 

Lots of new characters—seemed to sort of, I dunno, water things down somewhat? 

Already sick of Piper. 

Just starting this season.  We FF'd through all the hallucination scenes.  Too weird for us, and did not further the plot.  Felt like filler to us.

On August 30, 2018 at 10:21 PM, CelticBlackCat said:

As annoying as too much Suzanne can get, I do not blame her for Poussey's death.  Suzanne is mentally ill, on and off her medications, not getting psychiatric therapy and at the time of the incident was still traumatized by the fight club escapade between her and Maureen.  Suzanne is operating under diminished capacity.  Sometimes she makes sense and is lucid and sometimes she goes off the rails.  She turns violent without warning.  She shouldn't even be inside this prison, Litchfield minimum security or max.

I don't even remember Suzanne's role (possibly) in Poussey's death, but I agree that Suzanne is mentally ill and should be given additional help and/or separated from the general prison population.  I feel like she hasn't been served or supported properly.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Thumper said:

Just starting this season.  We FF'd through all the hallucination scenes.  Too weird for us, and did not further the plot.  Felt like filler to us.

I would suggest going through Suzanne's hallucinations of her fellow prisoners again after you have completed the season.   It's mildly entertaining to go back and try to connect the hallucination with the character's story.  

• Love 3
On 11/10/2018 at 8:11 PM, Thumper said:

I don't even remember Suzanne's role (possibly) in Poussey's death

IIRC, she jumped on the back of the guard that was holding Poussey down and was kind of waling on him. He was half-turned and trying to push her off, during which process his knee (I think?) crushed Poussey's chest.

• Love 1