Type keyword(s) to search

Henry Higgins: enry' iggins' e is!

Oh Lord. Why is upfronts always full of actors I like in shows I don't think I'll be able to stand? I want to watch the things you're in John Cho. I thought Go On was pretty charming and Sleepy Hollow was alright up to a point even if you weren't very good in it. But I don't think I can watch this one. By coincidence I just checked out Pygmalion from the library so maybe that'll give me the boost I need. Probably not. This looks awful.

• Love 2

They got my attention with Karen Gillan. They got my "I will watch this if it's nothing but them reading German banking law for a half hour every week" with the combination of Karen Gillan and John Cho.

• Love 2

Oh Lord. Why is upfronts always full of actors I like in shows I don't think I'll be able to stand? I want to watch the things you're in John Cho. < ... > This looks awful.

I'm in the same place. I'm neutral on Gillian, and Cho (who I love) looks like the only good thing here -- and that's not enough for me to keep watching.

I love this show and enjoy it.  I don't like being negative about a show that has so much promise but is cut short. 

Henry is the one who needs saving even more than Eliza. He has been clueless with co-workers and people in general.  

• Borderline rude to Book Club girl and Coffee house girl by refusing what they wanted to give, so you don't like muffins!  Suck it up, don't refuse so strenuously.
  • The co-worker who stayed over, he was annoying but Henry was brutal.
  • The meet and greet party that Charmonique and E set up.  They put in a lot of effort

Actually as I type this I am thinking of more examples.  Too many.

He sees himself as a good person and has high standards, Eliza was the one with no standards so he teaches her.  She has improved, Henry has not at least so far.  He has shown some really bad behavior and does not see it because he thinks he is morally superior.  He could have called Julia to break it off.  He does not.

He is alone because he is afraid of real feelings.  He is uptight and smug.  I think he is likable in a lot of ways and he showed that at the concert.  I want more likable Henry before the show ends.