Type keyword(s) to search

DJ Conner/Michael Fishman: He Knows the Drill

• Start Topic

DJ really is Mark's uncle, isn't he. Sunny and quirky; observant yet optimistic. And chivalrous: someone out of time and place in present-day Lanford, but who would have been at home elsewhere (where he partly lives now, anyway).

• Love 5

I'm watching the original Geena episode from Rosanne now. I hope we get a backstory on how she and DJ got together. It doesn't have to be a big thing. Just a line here and there for us to put together. 

Right now we don't even know if she's *the* Geena.

Edited by Snow Apple

During interviews for the Roseanne revival season they said that DJ grew up and married the girl he didn't want to kiss.  So she is *that* Geena.

It would be nice to get some backstory on how they got together, though.   

• Love 5
1 hour ago, tessaray said:

During interviews for the Roseanne revival season they said that DJ grew up and married the girl he didn't want to kiss.  So she is *that* Geena.

I saw the interview but it's different to actually say it on the show. Casual viewers may remember the episode but may not remember the little girl's name and put it together.

Oh well. Another thing for my wish list.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 1
On 11/17/2018 at 10:16 AM, tessaray said:

My head cannon is that DJ and Geena met again when they both joined the military at the same. I’d like some more info on them and also DJ as an individual; I know a lot of people aren’t into DJ as a character and realistically, Michael Fishman isn’t the strongest actor ( though I think he has definitely approved as an adult), but I like him. Maybe he’s boring, but it is nice that at least one Connor kid seems to be stable and has it together. Considering he was treated more as a weirdo punchline as a kid, it’s kind of nice that he seems to have had some success and is normal, more then his drama queen sisters.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

DJ has known Geena since grade school.

It doesn't say on the show though. Not all viewers watched the interview or visit message boards. I wouldn't know if it wasn't for those two things. I wouldn't be surprised if new or casual viewers just assume they met for the first time while serving in the military.

I just want a small scene where Mary asked how mommy and daddy met. Then they say at school and Geena jokes how daddy didn't want to kiss her back then.

Edited by Snow Apple
  • Love 4

I always liked the character DJ. My favorite was when he got his head stuck in a drawer or whatever and Jackie and Roseanne are laughing about it, all HOW does he do that kind of stuff?! I think Michael has definitely improved as an actor and just seems like a nice guy as well. I’d like more info on the DJ/Gina relationship as well.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 4