Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Funhouse Mirrors

• Start Topic

Tyrone heads down a dangerous path to get closer to Det. Connors, as Tandy pretends to be a Roxxon intern in an attempt to get answers. Her “internship” hits a little too close to home for Tandy when she gets a glimpse at what her life could have been like. Meanwhile, Det. O’Reilly gets closer to Det. Connors and Evita’s Aunt Clarisse worries about Tyrone’s future.

I was wondering why he wasn't texting her in the first place. What was he going to do talk to her and make himself known earlier? 

Tandy is really a terrible con artist. she gave way too much away. The only thing she does right is the research on the mark. I suppose it being her part of her Dad is what made her so eager. 

So they can't touch each other, or was Ty blocking her because he was upset. The aunt and Ty's girlfriend talking in vague terms was kind of useless, it seems it's only purpose is to say the age old line of one will live and one will die. 

• Love 2
(edited)

To be fair to Tyrone, he was trying to get the detective to hear what was being said and it was an urgent situation.  Didn't really have time to text.

I believe the drug dealer was scared of the darkforce. Looks like Tyrone's learning how to control it. As that was our first pure view of it.

Poor tyrone 1 step forward 2 steps back. 

Yes Tandy really is a bad con artist and apparently can't take a hint. She clearly doesn't want to talk about her father, find another way.

With both finally getting their powers under wraps, hopefully we can get an explosive final few episodes

Edited by Oscirus
  • Love 1

CHO!!!!!!! I was wondering what happened to him. Makes me want to binge "The Mentalist" again.

I think the drug dealer saw Death and it was his fear of death which has probably haunted him.

I think Tyrone phoned just to get the detective to hear the plan to murder her. A phone call with her listening would be better than a text, which would require too much explanation.

• Love 3

I figured he was trying to get her to hear the conversation too.

At first, I thought Tyrone was going to accidentally feed that kid to the darkforce. Isn't that what his powers do in the comics; eat people?

I like Mina and hope she becomes more of a gray ally than a future enemy

That ending kind of hurt. Poor Tyrone, watched two people get murdered in front of him (one being more self defense).

(edited)

I like Mina. I hope she does become an ally since her family was hurt in the "oil" rig explosion too. Although I wonder if Tandy and Ty can help her dad with their combined powers. 

Speaking of being terrible con artists. O'Rielly gave away her game too early to. Since Conners was ready to kill her. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
(edited)

I hope Mina can be an ally, not an enemy. Or at least a more morally grey character. She seems like she really does care about the environment and really thinks she is doing something good with Roxonne, but I think she could be swayed if they show her how awful they are. Or if Tyrone and Tandy can help her father. 

Poor Tyrone just cannot catch a dang break. He has now seen how many people killed in front of him? And Tandy really does suck as a con artist. Maybe this time its because she gets super intense about her dad?

It seemed like the drug dealer was afraid of being trapped in a horror movie. 

With the talk of them finding something underwater that is hotter than anything, I wonder if they somehow found a gate to Hell or something. I mean, this is set in the MCU, shit like that happens!

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2

Is it just me or did Ty teleport each time shots were fired.  It was almost as if his powers themselves detected immediate danger and teleport him just a few yards ahead once the bullet had passed.  Is this a manifestation of his powers? Do his powers not rely on a conscious decision?

• Love 2
58 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Is it just me or did Ty teleport each time shots were fired.  It was almost as if his powers themselves detected immediate danger and teleport him just a few yards ahead once the bullet had passed.  Is this a manifestation of his powers? Do his powers not rely on a conscious decision?

That is what it looked like to me. There is no way a normal human can time when to jump since even with super hearing senses the bullet is moving faster than the sound can warn him. So some other supernatural power must be in play.

Has it ever been explained how Ty & Tandy ended up on the beach instead of floating dead in the ocean? I know he reached for her hand, seemingly involuntarily, there was the usual glow and then they were on the beach with hands outstretched towards each other. Normally, they repel each other, but that time it seems like he teleported the both of them onto the beach. It would seem that he did that unconsciously.

On 7/6/2018 at 11:22 AM, Jacks-Son said:

CHO!!!!!!! I was wondering what happened to him. Makes me want to binge "The Mentalist" again.

Which, by the usual way we know these things (well known actors in seemingly trivial roles), I can assume he will have more information to give (via her visions?), in future episodes.

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, meira.hand said:

Which, by the usual way we know these things (well known actors in seemingly trivial roles), I can assume he will have more information to give (via her visions?), in future episodes.

If you saw the coming attraction, Cho, seemingly, will play a pivotal role in shedding light on Roxxon's crimes, It even appeared that Cloak & Dagger will heal him. One of Dagger's powers is the ability to heal with her light daggers. (per Wikipedia) No spoiler, just guessing based on observation and Google.

• Love 2