Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, I agree. Sure, it would have been easier for one person to shout instructions, but everyone came together to support Angie, who was clearly not having a good time. One of my favourite parts of BB is when the house comes together during a crisis. 

I did note however that while other HG's were trying to be supportive (if not always succeeding) Kaitlyn was going on with her usual "It's more than just the wall" energy-killing blather. 

Sam and Hay I think were the most helpful with specific instructions on how to shift her weight and come down gradually. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ceeg said:

It's a solid game plan for now tbh. 

I'm not convinced there's a different game plan for the future.  I can't remember who she was talking to a few days ago when she said, "I just want to have a fun summer."  It could've been a comment she made designed to make whoever she was talking to think that she's harmless and not really thinking about the game, or it could have been the truth.

• Love 2
Just now, zorak said:

I'm not convinced there's a different game plan for the future.  I can't remember who she was talking to a few days ago when she said, "I just want to have a fun summer."  It could've been a comment she made designed to make whoever she was talking to think that she's harmless and not really thinking about the game, or it could have been the truth.

So she's Grandma Meg but she can win competitions rather than come in dead last and land on her face trying to climb the ramp in the OTEV comp.

• Love 3

Angela says that when she was younger she used to do gymnastics but she got kicked out of practice all the time for having a bad attitude.  Scottie wants to know what happened to that bad attitude.  She says she grew up.  He wants to know what it would take for them to see some of that bad attitude.  She says it'll probably come out eventually.  

• Love 2

I know she's told Rachel she wants to win HOH so I don't think her entire game plan is laying low and getting a tan. She and Rachel also decided they're gonna start lowkey shit talking each other to S6 people so they don't catch onto how close Rachel and Angela are. 

• Love 1

Scottie to Angela:  "I don't know if you figured this out yet, daddy, but I mean you kind of have to tell me what to do, and then I do it."  Um, yeah.  It sounds like some 50 Shades of Gray weirdness.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, zorak said:

Scottie to Angela:  "I don't know if you figured this out yet, daddy, but I mean you kind of have to tell me what to do, and then I do it."  Um, yeah.  It sounds like some 50 Shades of Gray weirdness.

I've read 50 Shades of Gray (and all the others). That's kinkier than anything that was in the books.

But now that you brought it up, I'm picturing Kaitlyn's intuition doing happy somersaults inside of her and smiling serenely. God, I hated those books.

• Love 2

Scottie to Angela, "Oh!  The other day when we were all in here, was that girl talk?  Was that technically girl talk?"

Angela:  "It was girl talk.  Yeah."

Scottie:  "That's exciting.  I was successfully in a girl talk?"

Angela:  "Mmm hmm."

Scottie: "That's pretty cool!"  

He is just so awkward.

• Love 4

Tyler said that he is just telling himself that the public is going to hate him after he comes out of the house, so that way if anyone actually likes him, it will feel like a bonus.  Winston agreed.

• Love 1

Sounds like Angela finally opened up a bit to someone, and to someone different. Like I've said, I don't hate Scottie but he's gotten on my nerves this week. It's nice that he can have a conversation with Angela, who I now know is simply just an introvert. It's boring for a game like Big Brother, for sure, but I now have something in common with her! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Seriously. I'd ask for cans of Raid and Lysol and a gallon container of hand sanitizer in lieu of any other treats in my HOH basket. 

They do have raid. But I don’t know why B.B. doesn’t give them a bunch of toro bait to put around the house. Cuz that shit works. 

1 hour ago, Sandycat said:

Yes! Seeing how filthy it is and seeing how bored they all are why didn’t they all just take today and clean the whole house? I could never live in that house. Even if you don’t clean everything, they could pick up all the clothes and towels on the floor and make the beds

They seem to clean (at least the kitchen) waaaayyyy more than any other season. 

• Love 2
(edited)
25 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Sounds like Angela finally opened up a bit to someone, and to someone different. Like I've said, I don't hate Scottie but he's gotten on my nerves this week. It's nice that he can have a conversation with Angela, who I now know is simply just an introvert. It's boring for a game like Big Brother, for sure, but I now have something in common with her! 

This cast has a lot of introverts.

Of the cast I'd say Angela, Winston, Rachel, Fessy, Haleigh, KC, Rockstar, Scottie are all introverts in that chitchat doesn't come normally to them and they only pipe up when something really interests them. Scottie and Haleigh were having a classic introvert-to-introvert convo yesterday in which they were imagining a Games of Thrones-type fanfic complete with how their dragons would look, all the superpowers they wanted, etc. The only extroverts are Tyler, JC, Sam, Baleigh, Brett. Kaitlyn is in her own world. 

Edited by Growsonwalls
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, zorak said:

I know you guys have mentioned this before, but the "daddy" thing - towards women! - is just utterly bizarre. I think it's the weirdest thing about Scottie, and that's a bold statement. 

• Love 1

As peach noted, though, it appears to be an in-joke among the cast from the first week before the feeds were up, so it probably is not as weird as it sounds. It is not like he's doing it on his own. It's a cast in-joke.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

This cast has a lot of introverts.

Of the cast I'd say Angela, Winston, Rachel, Fessy, Haleigh, KC, Rockstar, Scottie are all introverts in that chitchat doesn't come normally to them and they only pipe up when something really interests them. Scottie and Haleigh were having a classic introvert-to-introvert convo yesterday in which they were imagining a Games of Thrones-type fanfic complete with how their dragons would look, all the superpowers they wanted, etc. The only extroverts are Tyler, JC, Sam, Baleigh, Brett. Kaitlyn is in her own world. 

I could agree. I would say that some are probably even ambiverts. I'd classify Brett as more of an ambivert, along with Rockstar. I think Rockstar thrives in certain social situations, but then retreats in others. 

There really are more introverts this season, though, which is truly fascinating. It might make sense as to why I like this cast and find myself slowly starting to understand them. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I could agree. I would say that some are probably even ambiverts. I'd classify Brett as more of an ambivert, along with Rockstar. I think Rockstar thrives in certain social situations, but then retreats in others. 

There really are more introverts this season, though, which is truly fascinating. It might make sense as to why I like this cast and find myself slowly starting to understand them. 

I think what's weird is that usually the "hot girls" and the "jocks" are cast to be very outgoing. And this season Rachel, Angela, and Haleigh are all very introverted. Fessy is also pretty introverted. So instead of getting into showmances and being very argumentative/extra this cast likes to sulk in corners and play Jenga and create geeky fantasy fanfic. I can relate to them, and how awkward they all are at the small talk, and how they only come alive when something truly interests them. I thought Haleigh's Hamlet readings was also a classic introvert reaction: many introverts become actors and comedians because they're more comfortable performing as someone else than just being themselves.

It's also creating a dynamic where HG's think another HG is standoffish/snobbish when in reality they're all just awkwardly seeing where they can jump into the conversation and be comfortable. And then you have HG's like Sam/Kaitlyn/Tyler/JC who I think don't really get that "I want to be alone" is not a slam or insult, it's just introverts needing time alone.

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

As peach noted, though, it appears to be an in-joke among the cast from the first week before the feeds were up, so it probably is not as weird as it sounds. It is not like he's doing it on his own. It's a cast in-joke.

Thank you! I missed this the first time. That makes more sense. (But it's still weird.) 

9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I feel the same. I only have two BEC so far, and I'm pretty sure that's a record low for me in week three. 

• Love 1

Angela thinks that if the HOH comp is endurance, Rockstar is going to have a hard time.  She says that when she climbed the wall, she was sorest 2 days after and her forearms and hands were sore because of gripping onto the holds.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

I think what's weird is that usually the "hot girls" and the "jocks" are cast to be very outgoing. And this season Rachel, Angela, and Haleigh are all very introverted. Fessy is also pretty introverted. So instead of getting into showmances and being very argumentative/extra this cast likes to sulk in corners and play Jenga and create geeky fantasy fanfic. I can relate to them, and how awkward they all are at the small talk, and how they only come alive when something truly interests them. I thought Haleigh's Hamlet readings was also a classic introvert reaction: many introverts become actors and comedians because they're more comfortable performing as someone else than just being themselves.

Ever since Bayleigh's pre-interview bio that said she was into Marvel, I have been waiting for her to talk about geeky comic/movie stuff and she hasn't. It disappoints me so much with so many geeks in the house! I was living through the Steve/Scottie Ghost Rider argument back in week 1. 

3 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

I feel the same. I only have two BEC so far, and I'm pretty sure that's a record low for me in week three. 

I really only have one: Rockstar (though I'm proud of myself for actually feeling for her during the rock climbing stuff today instead of getting annoyed). Some annoy me, but not to the extent where I get irritated by them just existing.

• Love 1

Red Alert: Kaitlyn thinks she is going to go have a conversation with Brett. She doesn't want this it set the tone for how she thinks about him the rest of her ,life. She is going to go talk to him. He wont do it first. She says, I am exemplary .

• Love 4
Just now, missyb said:

Red Alert: Kaitlyn thinks she is going to go have a conversation with Brett. She doesn't want this it set the tone for how she thinks about him the rest of her ,life. She is going to go talk to him. He wont do it first. She says, I am exemplary .

No, Kaitlyn, you're just needy for male attention and need it to be all about you. Since Brett won't give her an apology or likely acknowledge her much, she's gonna continue to be pissy. I think Brett's as done with her as Tyler is, but Brett's lucky in the sense that she's more into Tyler. 

RS chiding Winston for not campaigning to her  last week. He says, well I knew where your vote was going to be. RS: No you dont. Although I did vote for Swaggy. She says thats not how you play the game.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Ever since Bayleigh's pre-interview bio that said she was into Marvel, I have been waiting for her to talk about geeky comic/movie stuff and she hasn't. It disappoints me so much with so many geeks in the house! I was living through the Steve/Scottie Ghost Rider argument back in week 1. 

Yesterday Haleigh/Scottie were having this Game of Thrones fantasy fanfic talk and Kaitlyn tried to talk about rom-coms and Haleigh just looked distracted for a moment before continuing "Ok so my dragon is red." It was pretty funny.

• Love 3

Brett has this conversational way of arguing or conversing by almost always prefacing  with " I am not saying you said that"  "Or I am not saying you did". Its a way of putting the other person on the defensive and deflecting.

• Love 1

Kaitlyn wants to know who was in Brett's ear telling him that she was campaigning against him.  She says they would be her next targets because this whole thing really messed up what she thought was a very special connection with him.

Brett says his gut was telling him that Kaitlyn wasn't doing the things people were telling him.  He says going forward that he needs to trust his gut more.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, zorak said:

Brett says his gut was telling him that Kaitlyn wasn't doing the things people were telling him.  He says going forward that he needs to trust his gut more.

I feel so bad. He tried telling her the truth and she flipped out. He tried ignoring her and she flipped out. Now, he has to resort to apologizing and she's flipping out. 

All he wants is for her to go away and she just won't leave him alone. Plus, I HATE anyone, guy or girl, who plays the hot/cold passive-aggressive game,which Kaitlyn's doing right now.

Kaitlyn: Pay attention to me! I'm on your side! I'll forgive you foreverrrrrrrr!

Brett: I'm sorry--

Kaitlyn: I don't forgive you! How can I ever trust youuuuuuuu? But give me reasons so I can like you againnnnnnn!

Fuck off with that bullshit. I would have 100% snapped on her by now. Three years ago, I would have done what Brett is doing, because I did it with an emotional abusive best friend on my birthday. I wouldn't do it again. 

• Love 7
26 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I really only have one: Rockstar (though I'm proud of myself for actually feeling for her during the rock climbing stuff today instead of getting annoyed). 

Dying. ? Same. It's rare that a BEC can inspire sympathy in me. 

@peachmangosteen

Thank you for the fantasy game that compelled me to register and start posting after years of lurking. Best summer entertainment ever. [OT over, sorry all!] 

• Love 4

Rachel is telling Winston that she thinks that short term, Brett is better for her game, but long term, Winston is better for her game.

Winston is implying that he threw the vetos.  Rachel was outright asking him if he threw them and he wouldn't say yes but he was implying that he did.  Then she said that if he really had been throwing the vetos that he needed to tell people that.  

Rachel is now telling Angela that she's going back and forth on Brett vs. Winston.  She says she is worried about Brett for the long term.  

Angela still seems on board with keeping Brett and is trying to convince Rachel it's the right thing.

Angela says that if there were 8 people left in the competition, she would say to get rid of Brett now.  She also points out that he is a big target right now.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, gunderda said:

They do have raid. But I don’t know why B.B. doesn’t give them a bunch of toro bait to put around the house. Cuz that shit works. 

Ms Essential Oils should know to just make up a peppermint/tea tree/citrus spray. That's a favorite of people who try to avoid toxic sprays.

Edited by Skycatcher
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, zorak said:

Winston is implying that he threw the vetos.  Rachel was outright asking him if he threw them and he wouldn't say yes but he was implying that he did.  Then she said that if he really had been throwing the vetos that he needed to tell people that.  

I think it was Winston trying to seem useful for the alliance so that they'd keep him.

Today, I feel like I'm having a Winston Awakening, and now I'm just getting more and more sad at his eviction for this week.

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

You know what, same. I really am starting to find myself liking most of them a lot of the time. They all have their good and bad points. Hell, I even liked Tyler earlier today!

45 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I turned on the feeds for this Brettlyn convo. He looks half asleep and not amused.

He has looked like that ever since he was nommed. With a sprinkle of "I fucking hate these people" mixed in lol.

19 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Thank you for the fantasy game that compelled me to register and start posting after years of lurking. Best summer entertainment ever. [OT over, sorry all!] 

I am so glad you were inspired because I have been really enjoying your posts!

I am trying to listen to this Rachel/Angela convo but they're whispering and I just can not fucking hear them. I don't know if I'm just old or if the mics/sound are just exceptionally bad this season, but I swear I can never hear these people. It's really hindering my enjoyment of the feeds.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I am trying to listen to this Rachel/Angela convo but they're whispering and I just can not fucking hear them. I don't know if I'm just old or if the mics/sound are just exceptionally bad this season, but I swear I can never hear these people. It's really hindering my enjoyment of the feeds.

No, everyone's complaining about it online. They don't seem to have gotten new mics in years. They really need to put their budget toward new mics. They really need to move with the times, and I think they probably are too lazy to go figure out new mics. 

I'm using headphones, which are the only things that work to hear conversations better. Sometimes, I even hear Winston when he's in whisper mode.

• Love 1

Kaitlyn:  "Just know that my vote is going to depend on what information you choose to share with me in the next 24 hours."  He really has been unwilling to throw out names of people despited her repeated attempts to get it out of him.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

I'm using headphones, which are the only things that work to hear conversations better. Sometimes, I even hear Winston when he's in whisper mode.

First of all, I refuse to believe Winston's whispering if ever hear-able lol. Also, I really should start using headphones. 

• Love 1