Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E05: Episode 5 2018.06.14

While Sam reels from the events of Waltringham and Joe struggles to help him through it, truths are revealed and dangerous plans put into action at the Railyard

OK, was NOT expecting that not only was Anatole a double agent, but that he was in cahoots with Laura's "Safe" Synth and has murderous intent. Is he aligned with Agnes or is he part of some other faction? Those crazy Synths and their factions!

Glad Laura got a win - even an explanation from Neil as to why he bailed on their date (and loved the "awkward!" with Joe when he turned up at Laura's place). And Goddamit, I couldn't believe how affecting the whole Sam grieving storyline was. Loved the way that nobody was sure how to deal with him, but the person who did was Sophie (I guess partly just to give the actress something to do, but it made character sense). Knew Mattie's new "friend" was up to something, though I didn't think she'd be a journalist (I think?).

• Love 2

I spent most of the episode thinking Mattie's new friend was an undercover cop and feeling quite smug that I'd figured it out within seconds. It didn't occur to me that she would be a journalist because surely the location from which the exonerating data was sent was confidential police information. There is probably more to it than her just being a journalist.

I was sad to see that Max was being betrayed by Anatole although not really surprised. Max has good intentions but I just don't think he is a very good leader. 

• Love 2

First, a PowerShell exploit? That had to be one of the most realistic scenes of "hacking" I´ve ever seen on TV. Yes, it´s THAT simple. That´s why you don´t give your normal user account an admin rights.

As for the rest, seems a lot of sudden twists tonight. So are the orange eyes conscious as well? Or just programmed to be evil? Bright orange is not the best eye color when you want your products to appear peacefull and harmless.

I thought the storyline they are going for with Anatol is the first gay synthetic, not a double agent for ???. 

I feel the human reaction are too cartoonish. One day it´s lynching and protests 24/7, now suddenly there is a huge pro-synthetic movement? And why is anyone surprised there are synths hiding with humans? We saw how much some had cared about them even when they still were just a glitching robots. 

So Joe is back in the house with Laura. Still not sure what was the purpose of Karen´s story. For a while I thought Sam will actually explain unlike humans he CAN bring synths from death, but then the story turned sentimental so I quess not.

That was really lame appology. Sorry, I kicked you out from my bed and house in the middle of the night because I suddenly remembered I hate synths and you make me like them? Sorry, but no.

Missed Niska and Agnes, but atlest she is out and free to raise some chaos.

Was Stanley built as a sex bot originally? Couldn't help but notice his big sexy booty and the big package in the front, and his nipples are quite noticeable in his tight fitting uniform as well. Anybody else noticed?

Who is the actor?

Hard to figure out what would be Anatole's agenda.

Just all out war against humans, though they're greatly outnumbered and dependent on power (unlike the hosts from Westworld who can go anywhere)?

Maybe he has a backstory like Agnes which forever sealed antagonism against humans because of some mistreatment.

Niska went on a rampage after being an exploited sex worker bot but she now wants to take down the terrorist synths.

Kind of surprised Leo didn't have a stronger reaction to news of Karen's demise.  Or that Laura didn't tell Mia or Max.  Wasn't she still family for them, even if she was kept secret by the father of the synths?

• Love 1

Stanley is played by Dino Fletcher.  You can watch him play a romantic police detective in the TV miniseries Paranoid. The crime story isn't romantic but his character is.

On 7/6/2018 at 2:54 AM, scrb said:

Niska went on a rampage after being an exploited sex worker bot but she now wants to take down the terrorist synths.

Anatole is not the first Gay synth, Niska is. Her girlfriend was hurt in the bombing and she cares for her. She just wanted revenge on the terrorist group and the synth who did the bombing. Very normal human reaction, in fact, this episode was damn near perfectly written and acted. Each story was poignant. From Joe's frustration with trying to get through to Sam about the loss of his "mom" to the very touching fact that the only person capable of helping him deal, was another child, Sophie, who did an outstanding job for a child actor. I loved Sam leaning over to Joe and whispering that death is indeed difficult to deal with as the man "was talking to the ground!" How were Sam's eyes grey when talking to the graveyard mourner as opposed to his very vivid green?  I actually mourn Karen's loss, I liked her character and felt her struggles. I also like how Mia and Laura are plotting. I felt sorry for the old lady's synth who has to pretend that HER reality is actually real and not a delusion about the synth population's acceptance by Humans outside of her small support group. I wonder if there is an actual support group or if that TOO is part of her synth's ruse.

Don't like Neill and he can go to Hell, for using Laura and making her feel like a sex bot. No cuddle???  That's just cold, Dude.  Obviously, the synths are more compassionate than Humans who can be very vicious. I understand the significance of a child synth but wasn't that an original part of the story with some couple who wanted to replace their deceased child with a synth or am I confusing that storyline with Stephen Spielberg's "A.I."?   That guy that tried to out Sam as a synth was an ass!!!

• Love 1
On 7/17/2018 at 2:45 PM, Jacks-Son said:

Anatole is not the first Gay synth, Niska is. Her girlfriend was hurt in the bombing and she cares for her. She just wanted revenge on the terrorist group and the synth who did the bombing. Very normal human reaction,

I would also add that Niska in the Season 2 finale came to the rescue of the Hawkings family, even though initially she was going to go her own way.  Niska appears to be more human than some humans -- having the ability to differentiate between good and bad people and prove loyal to those who are nice to her but fight those who are bad to her.  In other words, she judges each person (and synth) individually, and not group people/synths into a "race" for general discrimination purposes.

• Love 1

Oh, Joe. He knows he can't ask a synth about someone else's activities but he still tried to get Stanley to tell him if Neil is more than just work colleagues with Laura.

Ha, I was initially concerned that Iris was going to lure Mira into her apartment so that she could kill her, so I loved that she actually wanted to introduce her to Dorian.

While I agree that there was some progress made as a result of the Dryden Commission's visit to the rail yard (because you know before the visit, the vote would have been Laura in favor and everyone else against), I had a similar reaction to Mia's after talking to Dory. A £300 fine for hurting a synth? I know that's not a total token punishment in the way that, say, a £1 fine would be, but it's also not so much that it's really going to discourage the crazies from attacking synths. They'll think it's worth the £300 fine to destroy a synth. Slow your roll, Max!

That's why I was with Anatole and his cautious approach. Just because there's a fine doesn't mean that everyone at the rail yard should go into town en masse. If the humans attack the synths, how are they going to prove that specific people attacked the synths and should be fined? But DAMN, Anatole has been playing the long game like a pro!

I loved how excited Sam was when he asked Sophie about her third favorite dinosaur species.

I did not trust Mattie's new friend/classmate one bit, and that was even before she copied everything on Mattie's laptop! She was already acting super sketchy from the moment she insisted on Mattie's help and attention.

I'll be curious to see if Stanley is just following orders or if he's somehow a secret believer.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 1