Type keyword(s) to search

The Music Topic: Predict The Who song!

(edited)

"Going Mobile"

That makes sense of course, but the problem would be that it's not well known.

Of the "big" Who songs left that are unused by the CSI franchise?  Nothing fits the theme explicitly.

"I Can See For Miles and Miles"?  Great song, but it would just be neat sounds not really linking to the theme.  "My Generation" maybe?  The whole song doesn't have to fit, just the first 30 seconds of it--so it's not THAT bad a choice.  "Behind Blue Eyes"?  It's got "Nobody knows what it's like to be the Bad Man" up there in front.  It's just too low key though in the first 30 seconds.  "I'm Free" It's got "I'm free and freedom tastes of reality".  

Really nothing's that easy to make fit.

I have a funny idea.  "Squeeze Box"!  

Okay, maybe not.

Edited by Kromm

I saw the backdoor pilot a couple of weeks ago. Don't remember what song they used for the establishing shot of Patricia Arquette at the end of the show, but I think it was "I Can See For Miles". Either way, whatever song they used, you can bet it'll be the one they use for the show.

• Love 1

I saw the backdoor pilot a couple of weeks ago. Don't remember what song they used for the establishing shot of Patricia Arquette at the end of the show, but I think it was "I Can See For Miles". Either way, whatever song they used, you can bet it'll be the one they use for the show.

Heh. It just occurred to me how appropriate that song would have been for Allison DuBois.

• Love 2
(edited)

I always thought "Eminence Front" would have been a better theme song for CSI: NY than "Baba O'Riley". "Come and join the party.  Dress to kill." fits NY much better than "Out here in the fields..." but anyway, it leaves "Eminence Front" available for CSI: Cyber.

Edited by NeenerNeener
  • Love 1
(edited)

I always thought "Eminence Front" would have been a better theme song for CSI: NY than "Baba O'Riley". "Come and join the party.  Dress to kill." fits NY much better than "Out here in the fields..." but anyway, it leaves "Eminence Front" available for CSI: Cyber.

It's a good song, but I have little doubt that in every case the biggest Who hits will be chosen for the themes rather than the merely interesting/best fitting ones.  That probably limits the list to about ten songs, three of which they've used already.

It does occur to me it might rock the core of the universe if they used an old Rolling Stones song or something.

Edited by Kromm

I'm confused about this thread's topic. Is there any doubt that it would be "I Can See for Miles"?

Well when the show airs we can talk about other music they might have on it. Until then?  We're probably limited here.

Totally agree with the above poster that suggested Eminence Front.

That's the first song that I thought of for this.

The song has a 2 minute long intro, so I imagine it might require a wee bit of editing for a 30 second show intro though!

I saw the backdoor pilot a couple of weeks ago. Don't remember what song they used for the establishing shot of Patricia Arquette at the end of the show, but I think it was "I Can See For Miles"

Yes, it was.

All the Who intro songs have been mangled by CBS.  By the end of CSINY, "Baba O'Reilly" was edited down to "Out here in the fields/I fight for my meals/I get my back into my livin'."  So were the others.  Imagine someone not knowing The Who reading what the full lyrics or "Won't Get Fooled Again," or that "Who Are You" was about Pete Townsend waking up drunk after a bender trying to sell the group's recording rights.

• Love 1
(edited)

This question on the theme song popped into my head a couple days ago. I should have known others had been trying to figure it out long before this, lol. The choices in this column are all good ones. I didn't really think about the music playing when the "Medium" was leaving.

Edited by webruce