Type keyword(s) to search

S03 E07 Step Up 2018.06.06

WHY DO THEY HAVE A SURGEON DOING A HYSTERECTOMY?

Screw this piece of shit episode.

I've compared this show to the Night Shift a lot as it's gotten more and more ridiculous, but I started watching that show amused by how silly it was, and came around to being quite affectionate towards it.  Code Black just lapsed into full-on Hate Watch territory.  Thank God we're almost done.

• Love 3

This show likes to skate on thin ice.

From the time Dr. Kodachrome second-guessed Angus, my finger was hovering over the kill-switch.  I was thinking to myself, "Just let them hint that that reject from the YouTube Generation might possibly have it right, and I'm done for good!"

Lucky for them, they stepped back from the brink.

Fast forwarded over the "Stomp" session towards the end.  Holy shit, the crap that TYOT find to be proud of!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

From the time Dr. Kodachrome second-guessed Angus, my finger was hovering over the kill-switch.  I was thinking to myself, "Just let them hint that that reject from the YouTube Generation might possibly have it right, and I'm done for good!"

Lucky for them, they stepped back from the brink.

The new character seems to be skating between being utterly insufferable and/or utterly useless and constantly gets in people's way.

I have to give some props to CancerKid for the best (unintentional) line of the night:  "I don't have to go to dances to laugh at people.  I can do that right here."

It occurs to me that the show would have done better had it been placed in daytime soap opera territory, where it actually belongs.  Then they wouldn't have to obsess about insertions of a little reality to give it some gravitas.  The head-shaking situations they come up with each week defy explanation, whereas on daytime tv they wouldn't have to. 

I wonder if Willis's dad will rethink his decision to visit an ER for a blood draw (instead of an urgent care clinic) when he gets the bill for services.

The only reason I can think of that someone hasn't put out Dr. Kodachrome's light, figuratively and literally, is that they're all doctors and can't afford to injure their hands. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I wonder if Willis's dad will rethink his decision to visit an ER for a blood draw (instead of an urgent care clinic) when he gets the bill for services.

Would a blood-draw be so expensive?  My doctor charges me $15.  That is $7.50 in US money.

10 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Would a blood-draw be so expensive?  My doctor charges me $15.  That is $7.50 in US money.

Oh the wonderful innocence of those who don't deal with US (so-called) healthcare.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Brookside said:

Oh the wonderful innocence of those who don't deal with US (so-called) healthcare.

Let me really bake your noodle:  We have free education up to and including university!  

• Love 2

Does anyone else think that Mario and Noa have zero chemistry?  So painfully little that it's almost awkward to watch the interactions that are supposed to be romantic?

I'm normally not such a fan of Ariel, but she had my favorite line of this episode when she likened Dr. Avila to the Joker.  

• Love 3
11 hours ago, reallyjustjen said:

Does anyone else think that Mario and Noa have zero chemistry?  So painfully little that it's almost awkward to watch the interactions that are supposed to be romantic?

Yes. It's gotten so bad that when she said "Oh, Mario" [when he said he loved her and wanted to live together] I was like, 'who's Mario? Oh right!'. It just sounded so fake. And I wasn't feeling their touchy-feely stuff at all.

• Love 3

Why are all these teenage girls who apparently aren't actually injured allowed to hang out in the patient area of the ER? Is there no waiting room? 

And why does camera dude still have a job?

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

And why does camera dude still have a job?

Same reason the writers still have their jobs.  Someone thinks that crap is good!  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, Netfoot said:

Same reason the writers still have their jobs.  Someone thinks that crap is good!  

I was looking at the facebook page and 99% of the comments are whining about the show being cancelled, while the other 1% are about how annoying and useless he is.

On 6/7/2018 at 8:48 PM, Brookside said:

Anyone else think that the candy striper (autocorrect prefers stripper) looks like Coach Taylor's daughter from Friday Night Lights?

Her real life sister plays Faith on Y & R.

On 6/7/2018 at 7:09 AM, starri said:

WHY DO THEY HAVE A SURGEON DOING A HYSTERECTOMY?

I think I may be missing something here.  Who other than a surgeon would perform a hysterectomy?

• Love 1