Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Season One

Todd Chrisley stars in the USA Network new reality series CHRISLEY KNOWS BEST, which made its series debut on Tuesday, March 11 at 10/9c on USA.

The patriarch of the Chrisley family, Todd is a self-made millionaire and successful entrepreneur.  Born in Georgia and raised in Westminster, SC – Todd and his wife of nearly 18 years, Julie, raise their five children in the suburbs of Atlanta.  Todd Chrisley isn’t your typical father. Brash and outspoken with a razor sharp southern wit and remarkable ability to dish insults, he keeps the family in line through his tough and at times brutally honest form of parenting. Todd runs his family just like his business – with an iron fist – and micromanages every move and expenditure made by each member of the Chrisley clan.   A “patriarch of perfection,” Todd believes that he has all the answers.  As Todd often jokes to his children, he’s “already been there, done that, and got the tee-shirt.”

I'll say one thing for Todd--at least he's as controlling of his sons as he is of his daughters.  When his son tried to get physical with a girl at his sister's sweet 16 party, Todd came down on him like a bat out of hell...and that was after the same son had his car taken away for a week when he snuck off to a football game without getting his dad's permission.  Usually on TV it's daughters that are under Daddy's thumb and not the sons, so it's refreshing to see a father keep a tight grip on ALL the children. 

• Love 1

We loved this show - took us by surprise.  I thought it would be just another "reality  show" but this one truly has a few lessons presented.  Yep, the kids really  have smart mouths which I'm surprised at.  I love Todd's come-backs and his remarks.  He  is so much more like the normal Dad that is really is enjoyable.

I'm wondering just how "rich" they are though.  Looks like some financial baggage in the past and I hope it works out.  The segment where he is driving his mother and her friend to the birthday party was a riot.  I think in real life he does have a lot of patience.

• Love 1

Hated it. I think this family is a bunch of manipulators, and the 'special friend' living with the grandmother better watch out. If she's got money, I can see this family taking her for all she's got without a second thought.

This Todd Chrisley I'd be interested in viewing a police background check on. I'm guessing he's had some run-ins for embezzlement, swindle or racketeering. There's just something about him that I can't say for sure, but I think he's desperate for money, it appears, according to news stories, that they're about to lose all their money, and who knows, maybe the show can be filmed from the room they'll wind up living in at the 'Y' or something.

I'll say one thing for Todd--at least he's as controlling of his sons as he is of his daughters.  When his son tried to get physical with a girl at his sister's sweet 16 party, Todd came down on him like a bat out of hell...and that was after the same son had his car taken away for a week when he snuck off to a football game without getting his dad's permission.  Usually on TV it's daughters that are under Daddy's thumb and not the sons, so it's refreshing to see a father keep a tight grip on ALL the children. 

Todd is hilarious and I love that he is a hands-on father.  Yes the kids are smart-mouthed but they know they are really loved and no matter what they SAY, they love their father (and mother, too).

I love this show but I still think Todd is a Friend of Dorothy.  I like him.

If he is or he isn't I really don't care, that is between himself and his family. There are numerous things I don't care for about him but he does love his children and though he can be over bearing it is nice to see parents raising their kids rather than letting them run wild and blowing their misbehavior off. His kids are learning that their choices and behavior have consequences. 

I loved that he said he wants to give his kids everything he didn't have but he has no problem giving them nothing. I also like the fact that he and his wife show a united front towards the kids.

I agree with you, summerstorm. It doesn't matter to me one way or another, though.

Todd is absolutely hysterical. I love his wife, and the love the famiy members share is tangible. The youngest son's smart mouth is way over the line for me, however, and the privilege these kids take for granted makes me cringe. I really didn't intend to watch this show, but I caught an episode and discovered I actually enjoyed it.

(edited)

I had a hard time appreciating the show after finding out about his recent bankruptcy and IRS charges.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20794568,00.html

I hope in season 2 he calls a family meeting, faces his financial problems, and turns things around.

My daughter-in-law watched a marathon with me, and despite google, could not see where he ever opened his store.

I know he loves his family, but Chase seems miserable.

Edited by ButterQueen

A place to discuss particular episodes (that do not have specific episode threads), arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

I can't help but laugh at the father.  Those kids are so disrespectful but Todd is way too strict.  The girl & boy look like they are starving/so skinny.  LOL

I love this show. With that said, there's a lot of stuff they've put out there that just isn't true. His wife is not a former beauty queen, at least, not that I could find online. I am looking forward to the next season, and as stated above, I hope they address the financial problems. And no, they've not yet opened the store. I have hunted all over Atlanta for anyone who knows anything about it, and so far, no luck.

He makes me laugh. But the kids are so darn disrespectful. Especially the big tooth son.

Why wouldn't they be smart mouths?  They've been taught by the best --Todd. Even with everyone's gaydar pinging he sure seems naturally affectionate to his wife.  Wish I'd been raised by him . . . the whole family is so secure in their love for each other.  Chase is frustrated because he needs to start spreading his wings a little and mature and Todd just refuses to let him. Wants him to remain his little boy -- and as misguided as it is it's out of love.