Type keyword(s) to search

Season 14 Spoilers, Speculation, & Anticipation

• Start Topic

Please remember this thread is not for general CM discussion.  It's for spoilers, speculation about spoilers, and anticipation for the new season.

Phew. That was close. At least now we know the show won't end on a cliffhanger. At least not this cliffhanger.

Anyway, now that we have a Season 14, let's begin another round of "what do we think will happen on Criminal Minds this season?"

...and go.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, smoker said:

Glad for you guys!

(crossing my fingers, I hope they don't pull a Gideon on Hotch)

If that happens, Reid or no Reid I'm gone.

Anyway, I'm glad they got renewed. Now all they need to do is learn from their mistakes and hire better writers.

• Love 2

I'm glad they got renewed because it'll give them a chance to write a proper ending.  I don't like when shows end on cliff-hangers, which can happen a lot given that any show can be canceled after the season finishes airing with no chance to write an ending...

• Love 2

We have a premiere date and this little tidbit about what could happen in Episode 300:

(from: http://www.tvguide.com/news/criminal-minds-season-14-premiere-date/)

In an interview with TV Guide, executive producer Erica Messer previewed that the Season 14 premiere will have to deal with the fact that two of the team's major players (Garcia and Reid) are effectively sidelined by this stalemate (as they get kidnapped).

Now, the snarker in me says, "we've had several cases where both were unneeded", and Erica Messer (surprise, surprise) seems to have forgotten "All You Can Eat" had Reid on sabbatical and Garcia not involved in the case because she was asserting her moral superiority helping her brother.

I also feel that kidnapping both is a cop out to the cliffhanger...but, we'd likely be sharpening our pitchforks otherwise, I guess.

Knowing this, are you still excited for "300"?

(edited)
4 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

In an interview with TV Guide, executive producer Erica Messer previewed that the Season 14 premiere will have to deal with the fact that two of the team's major players (Garcia and Reid) are effectively sidelined by this stalemate (as they get kidnapped).

Did you add the bolded part, because it's not in the original article.

Now, the snarker in me says, "we've had several cases where both were unneeded", and Erica Messer (surprise, surprise) seems to have forgotten "All You Can Eat" had Reid on sabbatical and Garcia not involved in the case because .......

Yes, but both were only a phone call away if needed. And you know how it is, the less access you have to something the more you need it.  ;-)

Edited by Nerys
1 hour ago, Nerys said:

1) Did you add the bolded part, because it's not in the original article.

2) Yes, but both were only a phone call away if needed. And you know how it is, the less access you have to something the more you need it.  ;-)

1) I did add that in. I was certain that Erica Messer- in her rather convoluted answer- said that but maybe she just alluded to it. I assumed that Messer asserted that both would be "not available" that it means they are kidnapped- unless the whole episode happens with the two stuck in their standoff.

2) True- though the team operated as if both were not there. I believe Garcia was phoned for a brief moment but that was it. The climax had three agents using computers, though.

I hope they remember they are in the FBI building.  If Reid could hear the gunshot from inside, surely another agent could as well.  It would actually be a refreshing slice of realism to see a slew of FBI agents pouring into the garage.

I absolutely do not want to see a 'Reid needing to be rescued' scenario.  Not when he's been saving himself since season one.  

• Love 5

@Mislav wrote this in the Media thread but I will reply here.

Most of the speculation and discussion so far seems to be about the resolution of season thirteen cliffhanger, which is understandable, but I've been thinking about the cases of the week as well. For season fourteen, I would like to see them do an episode featuring a mother-in-law/daughter-in-law killing team. Maybe the son gets accused of rape; he is either incarcerated, or never convicted due to a lack of evidence, but his name is still dragged through the mud, he loses his job, and he and his wife have to move away (maybe move back in with his mother?). Eventually, his mother and his wife plot their revenge, and start murdering people involved in the son's/husband's case, via home invasion/homicide (the accuser, the prosecutor, the lead detective etc). They could also be murdering random victims along the way, as a forensic countermeasure, a way to conceal their motive. It could eventually be revealed that the mother was a serial killer and rapist herself when she was younger, but she eventually managed to stop and keep her urges under control, until her soon was accused of rape and she felt a need for vengeance. Her daughter-in-law, also seeking revenge, and already harboring violent tendencies, thus became her protege. That could be an interesting case with a new, intriguing unsub-team dynamic, with maybe even some dark humor along the way. Tone and plot vise, it could be something similar to a combo between "Children of the Dark" and "Remembrance of Things Past".

I like the idea of a woman going after her rapist after she was denied justice, especially because it's very topical nowadays.

The only thing I would wish for is that, perhaps, the rapist is the first victim and not the last one (perhaps saving that for the investigating officer). If her rapist is the final victim it would be too predictable because it follows too much the pattern of many other cases, where the Unsub's final victim is the "most personal" of their victims, and I think it would be nice if the show changed things up a bit.

• Love 1
On Wednesday, August 01, 2018 at 11:37 PM, Danielg342 said:

@Mislav wrote this in the Media thread but I will reply here.

I like the idea of a woman going after her rapist after she was denied justice, especially because it's very topical nowadays.

The only thing I would wish for is that, perhaps, the rapist is the first victim and not the last one (perhaps saving that for the investigating officer). If her rapist is the final victim it would be too predictable because it follows too much the pattern of many other cases, where the Unsub's final victim is the "most personal" of their victims, and I think it would be nice if the show changed things up a bit.

I appreciate the interest, and yes, the primary target shouldn't be a final victim. But just to clarify, in my idea, the episode wouldn't feature a woman getting revenge on her rapist; I apologize if it came off that way in my post. It would actually feature mother and wife taking revenge on people who accused their son/husband of rape. Basically, the guy gets accused of rape, isn't convicted but he loses his job and gets his name smeared due to the accusation, he and his wife have to move away, and sometime later, mother-in-law and daughter-in-law (basically, the rapist's mother and the rapist's wife) start killing people who "wronged" him. That would make the case even more disturbing, because the unsubs would be murdering innocent people (though the question of son's guilt could be left ambiguous). It would also show how the family can be passing on evil and violence from generation to generation.

[After being accused of rape and losing his job, the son might have had to move back in with his mother, which could have eventually led to the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law connecting and plotting the revenge together. Of course, the daughter-in-law should have already had violent tendencies for that to happen. Maybe, before being accused of rape, the son had been convicted of assaulting his ex-girlfriend, while his future wife had been convicted of assaulting a prostitute. They both had to attend anger-management counseling as a term of their probation, happened to be in the same group, met there, started dating and eventually got married.]

Of course, the unsubs would also go after the random victims, in order to cover their tracks. They could start by murdering a registered sex offender unrelated to the case; they are easy to track down due to a registry, and probably have plenty of enemies. Plus, the unsubs would probably think that the authorities wouldn't figure out their true motive, if they brutally murdered someone actually guilty of a sex crime. Then, after a few weeks, the unsubs murder a young married couple in their home. They could also burglarize the victims' homes killing them, as a forensic countermeasure, in order to conceal their true motive even further. 

Eventually, the unsubs start going after the real targets, and they murder the woman who accused their son/husband of rape, as well as the victim's older brother, who supported her and beat up the alleged rapist (though that was never positively proven). [Also, maybe the victim was underage when she filed the charges, and several years passed between the rape allegation and murder, so the records of it got sealed or her name was blackened/censored in the police reports, and she and her older brother later moved to a different neighborhood or even a different city. That would explain why the authorities didn't find out about it while running a background check on the victims, and why they didn't investigate the alleged rapist and his family immediately after the fourth and fifth murder.]

Anyway, those murders (murder #4 and #5) lead to the BAU being called in. While the BAU is investigating the murders, the mother-in-law/daughter-in-law killing team murders the son's/husband's former boss, who fired him following the rape allegation. They eventually go after the lead detective on the rape case (who arrested the son/husband based on the circumstancial evidence, and pushed for the case to go to trial, though it ultimately didn't), as a final victim, but the BAU tracks them down and arrests them before they can kill her.

Throughout the episodes, it could also be revealed that the mother-in-law used to be a serial killer and rapist herself, the first victim being her own mother, but she managed to get her urges under control and stop killing after sensing that the police was closing in on her. Years later, after her son got accused of rape and got his life turned upside down, it all started up again, and she turned her daughter-in-law (the son's wife) into her protege.

In all the murders, the unsubs would gain access to the victims' homes at night, via a ruse (similar to "Children of the Dark"), quickly establish control over them using a gun, force them to undress, tie them up and gag them, torture them by beating them and cutting lacerations over their bodies, rape them with an object, and garrote them to death. Afterwards, they would burn the victims' clothing, scrub the bodies with bleach and burglarize the victims' homes before fleeing. The dominant unsub (the mother-in-law) would also mutilate the female victims' face, breasts and genitals post-mortem, as well as cut off their hair and remove their makeup, in order to "destroy their femininity" and "humiliate them even more; even in death". That specific ritual/signature could lead to the BAU linking these murders to the old series of murders, from over twenty years ago, that the mommy dearest was solely responsible for (by running the info through ViCAP). Looking into that cold case could help them discover additional clues, needed to identify the unsubs.

[Of course, in later murders, while going after their actual targets, the unsubs would have to wear disguises while lying their way into the victims' homes, so the victims wouldn't recognize them.]

Also, I've been thinking about the casting. The mother-in-law could be portrayed by Sela Ward or Catherine Bell. Maybe Jodi Lyn O'Keefe, but she is probably too young. The daughter-in-law could be portrayed by Sara Rue or Dani Kind, maybe Felicia Day or Laura Spencer.

Edited by Mislav

Hello everyone.

It has been very quiet here for a while but I guess there really has not been much going on.

Had some free time and tried to catch up on any news for upcoming season.  

Not so surprised at the 15 episode order, its two more than i thought they would get based on early comments I saw hinting that this might only be a shortend season.  I know 15 is shortened season but I think youll know what I mean.  Theres such a lot of new shows now, i guess they have to try and fit everything in as best they can.

Its hard to know if this is the last season or not.  I think some thought there would not be a 13, and its proven to be an unpredictable show over the years, but my gut is saying yes, this is it.

Its not a huge wrench for me to say that if this is it, so be it.  4 or 5 seasons ago, then yes, but not so much now. I've given up on hoping they will ever clear up many of the loose ends we have had over the seasons.

I assume they will be promoting 300 closer to the time.  They done alot of that for 200, which really does not seem like so long ago..wow.  

Anyone else hear anything exciting?

Some stuff via CarterMatt.com:

• Matthew Gray Gubler will be directing episode 4, titled "The Tall Man", which could be CM's take on "The Slender Man".
  • Kelly Frye comes back and we'll get to see more of Matt Simmons' family life. I could enjoy it as long as they don't go the "Hotch route" there.
  • Episode Three is called "Rule 34" and Simmons gets into some trouble in this episode.

The Slender Man, isnt that the creepy online character that apparently caused two young kids to nearly murder another kid??? I could see this definitely being up Gublers street, but I wondered if the 'Mr Scratch character might have been based a little on it, even in looks.

More Simmons and more Simmons family life - honestly I think we have seen more of Simmons family and know more about him than we ever got about Hotch in almost 12.  Remember Simmons has only been in the show for 1 season and he had alot to do.  I could see too much of this 'newbie' character being a turn off for regular viewers.

I wonder if they are planning any media specials for 300. I think I've said this before but I gotta say, if they do and theres lots of promo of 'this' cast, it will leave a sour taste.  This is just a personal thing but it just wont be the same for me at least. 

• Love 1

Nah... I honestly don't care anymore. I'd really like to add some new ideas and some optimism, but it simply isn't there.

I've done my best to make a change. I've made my opinion and ideas very clear on this forum, for years now. I've sent numerous respectful emails and letters to the CM producers and writers. I knew that they couldn't take on unlicensed scripts and episode ideas, but I liked to think that they would at least consider some reasonable suggestions (more profiling, more realistic cases, actually giving Reid something to do and making him happy for once). I am not a licensed writer, I don't currently live in the USA, and I have other responsibilities, so I could have simply given up right on the start, but I like to think that I've done my best. However, it is quite clear that the writers are never going to get it, and that we are extremely unlikely to get a satisfying series finale, let alone a happy (well, "good") ending for Reid, my favorite character.

As far as I'm concerned, "Criminal Minds" ended with season 9. Everything else is just milking a dead cow and borderline insulting the audience while inexplicably making millions.

• Love 2

From TV Line's Fall Spoilers: 

CRIMINAL MINDS

The season premiere (aka Episode 300!) picks up “just moments” after The Messiah’s followers — VICAP Agent Meadows (played by Karen David) included — ordered Reid to free the cult leader, lest Garcia meet a grim fate. “You see the team racing to figure out what has happened, and piece together where Reid and Garcia are,” says showrunner Erica Messer. Once that crisis reaches its climax, watch for its impact on Garcia to be played out for a stretch of episodes, “because what she does in order to survive, we’ve never truly played before.” In fact, Episodes 2 through 9 of the crime drama’s upcoming 15-episode run will each visit “one of our heroes in their home life in some way,” Messer says, including an exploration of why Alves “is a bit of a lone wolf.” As for frightful stuff, one of this season’s cases almost plays out in real time, following an UnSub who attacks every 27 minutes — with a machete!

BONUS SPOILER!: Rossi now has Wife No. 3, played by Gail O’Grady, back in his life — and perhaps for good. “You know how I’m a sucker for my backyard weddings…,” Messer teases.

• Love 1

Thanks @illdoc and groan to CM. We've already done the "Garcia turns to violence for the first time" angle with...whatever that was with Potsch Boyd's character (who seemed to die and go to Chevrolet heaven). This feels like a retread.

...and why can't Rossi just meet a whole new woman? Why must it be an old wife? Better yet, why not explore why Rossi likes his solitude- why insist on giving him a wife if the show won't commit to one?

Also, what happened to Lisa (I think that's her name) that Alvez played pool with? I guess she's gone now. Bummer...I liked her.

Oh, and will Reid get a girlfriend?

• Love 1
17 hours ago, illdoc said:

As for frightful stuff, one of this season’s cases almost plays out in real time, following an UnSub who attacks every 27 minutes — with a machete!

This sounds like an interesting-and creepy-case. 

I'm a little surprised at the possibility of Rossi getting back together with his third wife, too. I could perhaps understand him being hesitant to get involved with someone entirely new, but yeah, he also seemed to be pretty happy with his bachelor life all these years. But now he and Krystall are both older and generally more settled in their lives than they would've been during their quickie marriage back in the day, well...maybe that would explain their willingness to try again? I dunno. It is odd that he'd be willing to marry her and not Hayden, though, given he has a daughter with Hayden. 

If there is a wedding, though, then I think we've got an idea of how this season will end. 

I like the idea of exploring each team member's home life in individual episodes. Luke could still be with Lisa-the exploration of him being something of a loner could focus on his life before her, and how she's changed some of his lone wolf tendencies since then. I hope that's the case, 'cause I like her, too. 

As for Reid and Garcia, I'd like to see them work together to escape this cult, and if they are going to focus on the struggles to recover from all of that, it'd be nice to see those two lean on each other for support. It'd be nice to see some kind of heart-to-heart talk or something of that sort between them. 

All this talk of a possible wedding and exploring each team member's home lives and such seems to indicate the show's preparing for the possibility this may be the last season, too, so if that does wind up being the case, then I really hope, after the events of "300", we spend the next 14 episodes with the team focusing on and looking towards happier lives and futures, both personal and professional. If this show's going to start winding down, I want to see it end on a positive, quiet note for the team. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

Thanks @illdoc and groan to CM. We've already done the "Garcia turns to violence for the first time" angle with...whatever that was with Potsch Boyd's character (who seemed to die and go to Chevrolet heaven). This feels like a retread.

...and why can't Rossi just meet a whole new woman? Why must it be an old wife? Better yet, why not explore why Rossi likes his solitude- why insist on giving him a wife if the show won't commit to one?

Also, what happened to Lisa (I think that's her name) that Alvez played pool with? I guess she's gone now. Bummer...I liked her.

Oh, and will Reid get a girlfriend?

Actually, Lisa will be in the premiere.  I've seen people speculate that this could mean there are hospital scenes since she's a doctor.

Also, episode 6 is about Luke and is titled "Luke".  So we'll learn more about Luke and why he's a lone wolf (according to Erica).  It's possibly we could also see Lisa again in that episode or have her mentioned.

• Love 2

Hello all,

So finally we have some news of substance. 

i guess i've said it more than once but I lost my enjoyment and excitement of CM quite a few seasons ago. Its certainly been some time since I anticipated the season opener and not much in this to change that.  Maybe if I cared more about the characters, or at least we really did not know if Reid/Garcia got through this.  Judging by images and such from later episodes, it looks like they do so that sort of takes away the suspense a little.  I also found the finale just too crazy and confusing.  I guess I should try and watch it again before the opener to try and get on track.

Erica Messers interview to me just seems like a replay of every other interview.  Her use of phrases like 'family' and 'our heros', How long has she been saying the same every other season? :( Its literally the same spiel every year. So they are going to be looking into how this effects Garcia?  Eh like they followed through with Reid, or Hotch in earlier seasons or followed through with anything she said they would. I think its pretty obvious that Simmons is her favorite character.  We know so much about him already after only one season and by the looks of it, this might be a Simmons heavy season as well.  Don't get me wrong, Daniel Henney is very easy on the eye....:))) but I just could not care less about his character or Alvez or indeed Lewis.  I miss my old team too much. 

I feel bad for fans of Reid and Rossi in particular. I know you guys are really looking forward to the return so I should not be complaining all the time, but this show used to me my absolute obsession and I just don't recognise it anymore :( 

Sorry for the rant 

• Love 2

My God... I have no words...

"Criminal Minds is bringing back several familiar faces for its special 300th episode — including Luke Perry.

Perry appeared in the long running series back in season 4 as cult leader Benjamin Cyrus. Longtime fans will remember that Perry's character died in the episode "Minimal Loss" — but executive producer Erica Messer told Entertainment Weekly not to worry about that detail.

"The plot will make sense," she said, adding that several others will be brought back for the episode."

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2018/09/10/criminal-minds-luke-perry-season-14-premiere/

Edited by Mislav
4 hours ago, Mislav said:

"Criminal Minds is bringing back several familiar faces for its special 300th episode — including Luke Perry.

Perry appeared in the long running series back in season 4 as cult leader Benjamin Cyrus. Longtime fans will remember that Perry's character died in the episode "Minimal Loss" — but executive producer Erica Messer told Entertainment Weekly not to worry about that detail.

"The plot will make sense," she said, adding that several others will be brought back for the episode."

https://popculture.com/tv-shows/2018/09/10/criminal-minds-luke-perry-season-14-premiere/

If you could find the words, would they be excitable words or would there be lots of #8&**$F.....:)

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mislav said:

I hope so.

9 minutes ago, mefein said:

If you could find the words, would they be excitable words or would there be lots of #8&**$F.....:)

Agree, I hope so.

4 hours ago, Sharpie66 said:

Given the shape Reid is in in that promo, I wouldn’t be surprised if he has hallucinations of old cases revisiting him. 

Can't say I don't blame him. Makes me what to jump through the shape and beat the crap out of everyone.

Mods, I'm really not sure where to put this little snippet, so please move if inappropriate here.  Its not really a spoiler and its not really CM related but it sort of is, so ??

Well I got a call in the middle of the night last night from my sister.  I'm currently working in France so getting a call from home in the middle of the night is a little worrisome.

When I picked up, its my sister screaming down the phone.  When she calms down and we slowly establish that our parents are still alive and well and on a cruise somewhere near Mexico, she gets around to the purpose of her call......SHES JUST MET MATT AND THOMAS. LOL

She and her husband were out for a meal last night a little away from their home area. (They live in LA).  Cutting alot of screaming and excitement and blubbering, she finally met her favorite guys.  Shes a big fan of both.  They were out with Thomas son and some other guy who she does not know. I'm not sure who he is either but he sure looks familiar.  She did get some pictures taken, Thomas son took one and the other guy took one with Thomas son in it.  They all look great.  I cannot share them unfortunately as she does not like or allow pictures on social media.  Shes a high school teacher and I told her she would get serious street cred for this picture!! Shes perched right in the middle of the guys or I'd cut her out and share the picture without her!  Matt is looking very cute, Thomas is a handsome man and the other guy is very good looking who ever he is.  Not commenting on Thomas son, that would be weird.

She got autographs from both and told Matt she had ordered his book. She runs a drama class for elementary age kids at the weekends. I asked if she had got any CM juicy information, but of course she was too excited to ask anything important!!! Did I mention she is 48 years old :)

All he said was that next weeks opener was a good one (paraphrasing) and that he had just finished post production on t the episode he directed and he is really excited for us all to see it, its special. She asked him if it was 'MGG weird' and he laughed and said, you'll have to watch it to find out. I think the whole meet was only about 5 minutes long but I don't think my sister will recover from it for months.  Her class probably wont get homework for a month!

She said both Matt and Thomas were really nice and were laughing and joking with each other. Her husband spoke with Thomas son because he had a tshirt on with a soccer team that he likes, Liverpool.  Its a British soccer team. I think he asked him what he thought of crazy fans ....not sure what the response was.

Like I said, not really spoilers but just thought I'd share as I thought its a nice story.  Both these guys always seem really nice when they meet fans.  She could not believe her luck to meet them both at once.

• Love 5

Thank you so much for sharing! 

I love that they hang out together and how your sister was/still is over the moon.   :-)  Good to hear that he's excited for the episode he directed, can't wait to see it and EP 300 of course.

• Love 2
On 26/09/2018 at 5:58 PM, Nerys said:

Thank you so much for sharing! 

I love that they hang out together and how your sister was/still is over the moon.   :-)  Good to hear that he's excited for the episode he directed, can't wait to see it and EP 300 of course.

Aw thank you.  I just thought it was a cute story to share. In the last few days I've talked to her a little more and in a slightly calmer atmosphere...! She was really excited and I have to admit I am more than a little jealous. She did show the pictures to some of her high school students and like I predicted she is now regarded as somewhat of a 'cool old lady'. Shes been living in the LA area for a few yrs and has seen and met a few famous folks but noone that she actually really follows and sometimes sends myself or some of our other family members pics of people with a ? 'who dis'...lol .  Shes a huge fan of Matthew and Thomas is that order and I'm a  Thomas and Matthew fan in that order!!   He's like a cute younger brother :)  

Back to CM chatter - I'm in Europe right now so I was just wondering what if any promotion is happening for the season opener, especially as this is such a big deal?  Is there anything other than usual promos, which I'm guessing have got to be on screen now.  I don't really remember what happened for '100' except for some magazine articles.  Social media was not so big then. I know they did quite alot of promo for '200', Thomas was on about 3 different shows on one day if I remember correctly and then all the cast appeared on 'The View' ???? So I guess what I'm asking is if there is something similiar happening this time round? It would be weird if they let this pass as just a season opener.

• Love 1

For 200, the entire cast appeared on The Talk.  It's similar to The View but The View is on ABC and The Talk is on CBS.  On Wednesday, the cast are going to be on The Talk to promote the 300th episode.  Other than that though, I don't think there is any of TV show appearances and no individual talk show appearances.  I remember Joe and AJ going around together promoting 200 and Thomas did a couple promotions for 200.  Maybe some local news channels in LA might have someone on (Kirsten and Joe tend to do those often), but other than the cast appearing on The Talk, it seems like there isn't as much this time around

• Love 2
9 hours ago, jls1792 said:

For 200, the entire cast appeared on The Talk.  It's similar to The View but The View is on ABC and The Talk is on CBS.  On Wednesday, the cast are going to be on The Talk to promote the 300th episode.  Other than that though, I don't think there is any of TV show appearances and no individual talk show appearances.  I remember Joe and AJ going around together promoting 200 and Thomas did a couple promotions for 200.  Maybe some local news channels in LA might have someone on (Kirsten and Joe tend to do those often), but other than the cast appearing on The Talk, it seems like there isn't as much this time around

Thanks jls.  I could not remember which of the talk shows the whole cast had been on.  Seems like not so long ago yet seems so long ago! 

I'll call my shot now, though I think the preview plus the pictures for the season finale hit the audience with an anvil foreshadowing it. I bet that JJ's secret is that she has been in love with Spencer all of this time. Now what the show chooses to do with it, is anyone's guess, especially since the show is heading into its final season. Would such a revelation just be merely a sop of fan service to those JJ/Reid shippers, they'll leave it at that, and the audience will be left to just imagine them together? Or is this setting up some sort of JJ/Will breakup, and JJ and Reid will end up together before the end of the series? Hmmm...

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, ForeverAlone said:

I'll call my shot now, though I think the preview plus the pictures for the season finale hit the audience with an anvil foreshadowing it. I bet that JJ's secret is that she has been in love with Spencer all of this time. Now what the show chooses to do with it, is anyone's guess, especially since the show is heading into its final season. Would such a revelation just be merely a sop of fan service to those JJ/Reid shippers, they'll leave it at that, and the audience will be left to just imagine them together? Or is this setting up some sort of JJ/Will breakup, and JJ and Reid will end up together before the end of the series? Hmmm...

I've been waiting for someone to bring this up.  The moment I saw that, I knew many JJ/Reid shippers were going to jump to the conclusion that JJ was going to go way out of character and suddenly profess her undying love  for Reid, a love that we have seen no hint of in the past 14 seasons.  If the show was a soap opera (which it isn't) this type of plot would work just fine...lol.  The producers have always said there was never going to be any romantic intrigue between any of the characters and I doubt they are suddenly going to reverse course in the final eleven episodes.  Previews are intentionally misleading  to draw viewers to that episode so I don't read  anything into it.  What really happens will be so much different than what the preview implied.  If that was going to happen, then there wouldn't be pictures of Will with JJ at Dave's wedding.

Yeah, I do like the Reid/JJ pairing, but I would be surprised if they actually did put them together at this stage. I mean, given the show is winding down, I suppose there's always be an outside chance they could change their minds on the whole "no inter-team romance" thing, but I'm thinking that's not what'll happen here. 

I could see JJ "confessing" her feelings, though, in the sense that she's acknowledging any possible feelings she had for him years ago or something to that effect, and then it's something that she and Reid talk about later on at the wedding, in a "what could've been"/"appreciate our friendship" sort of way, just to give that part of their past the proper closure. 

If it's not that kind of a confession, my other guess is that it could have something to do with a case that they'd worked, or a particular trauma one of them went through, that affected one or both of them on a particularly deep level. 

• Love 2

Oh I don't make that prediction as something I want to happen. God no. I would HATE it if the show went there. But it was just the vibe I was getting from the preview and the finale photos. Now granted, the producers don't cut the previews, but the network has  never even hinted at something romantic between the team members. So the fact I am getting that vibe here makes me curious if that is somehow deliberate, or just how I am misinterpreting stuff. 

I don't know where these spoilers are coming from that JJ has a 'secret' so apologize if I am taking them out of context, but if JJ has a secret that will be revealed as we approach the finale, I wonder if her character is pregnant again and/or she decides to leave to become a full-time mom.

54 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I don't know where these spoilers are coming from that JJ has a 'secret'

From the preview for the season finale, where the suspect, holding JJ & Reid hostage, insists that she tell her "deepest secret" and then she looks at Reid & begins to speak.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, illdoc said:

From the preview for the season finale, where the suspect, holding JJ & Reid hostage, insists that she tell her "deepest secret" and then she looks at Reid & begins to speak.

Ah okay - I don't watch previews. I find them too misleading. I wouldn't be surprised if she says two words and then is immediately cut off by the cavalry arriving or something similar.

I have a feeling the promo was edited to mislead us.

In the promo, when JJ is asked truth or dare, she is standing, but when we see her talking to Reid, she's sitting. It's possible the "Spence" is JJ reacting to something Reid says

• Love 1

I get that they wanted to use two long time members being held hostage since fans will care more, but I kind of wish they had mixed it up and done an older member and a newer member. 

I think it would have been interesting if it were Rossi and Tara. Other than 14x13, Rossi hasn’t gotten much “torture” and I can’t recall him being held hostage. And has been around for a few years now but doesn’t get a whole lot. Plus I think Rossi and Tara are a good team.

Rossi and Prentiss also would have been interesting, since they’re the two “in charge” agents. It could have been interesting to see the others work without those two. 

• Love 2

Now watcha talkin' about ? Makes perrrrfect sense to me that CM's designated favorite damsel in distress, aka Spencer Reid, would be held hostage both at the beginning and at the end of the same season. If JJ wasn't with him this time, it would be someone else of course, or he would be alone, but he sure as heck would be part of the equation. Because... well... you know, he's the primary distressed damsel of the show, originality be damned. LOL

So a scenario of two characters in peril that does not include "our boy genius" is simply not an option, because there's just no way in hell they'd ever try to be a little bit more creative and give his perfect victim spot to another agent. Naaah, it's a Reid's "privilege" and that's it. If I  know that when I've only watched 10 seasons, you people should know even better after watching 14. What ? Did you really think those lazy writers were finally gonna come out of their comfort zone after 14 years to surprise you/us ? No way !

In fact, if the Award of "Laziness, Predictability And Total Lack Of Originality" existed, then CM's writing staff should and would definitely win it. Why ? Because they've earned it, baby ! I mean, all those long hours working at NOT being creative each year for over a decade must be really exhausting you know. It takes real pros to do that good of a job, so it would only be fair for their "hard" work to finally pay off.  Lollll

And while we're at it, maybe they should also create the Award of "Most Often Held Hostage And Kidnapped Male Damsel In Distress On A Primetime Show".  MGG would win it hands down. Lollll ☺️

Seriously though, at this point,  "The Tales Of Reid In Distress"  have become really old and laughable.    

RME and SMH while LOL.

images-18.jpeg

Edited by SSA Emily Prentiss
  • Love 3