Type keyword(s) to search

Comedy Central Roast of Bruce Willis - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just when you thought it was safe to watch Comedy Central again

without hearing stale jokes and unfunny people who claim to be comedians,..............

Comedy Central Roast will return this summer (sometime) and this time,

Bruce Willis will be the guest of honor.

So.............................  any guesses on who will be roastmaster???   How about the "special guest roaster(s)"???

and how many "North" jokes will they manage to make?????

Expect a marathon of previous "Comedy Central Roasts" (the horror, the horror)

See you all this summer!!!!

I love the Roasts! Though, they have sorely went downhill since we lost Giraldo. Jeselnik is my type of humor, but he is dark...  Bruce Willis seems like a rather odd choice, but, could see some interesting folks. Looking forward to this one. The last few have been kind of meh. 

• Love 3

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is going to be the Roastmaster! That should be good. Even better is that Cybil Shepherd is going to be a roaster to. By all accounts, she and Bruce couldn't stand each other. So she'll probably have some good burns.

• Love 7
(edited)

The roast was filmed this past weekend, and will air on the 29th on Comedy Central.

Please don't click on this link (or any others) if you do not want spoilers.

Obviously, lots of "Moonlighting" jokes, jokes about his "incredible" singing career,

and his marriage to Demi Moore (who, of course, was there).

And, apparently, Dennis Rodman made an awful joke about Bruce, bombs, and North Korea.

(because what else would you expect from Rodman??)

So far, no Hudson Hawk jokes shown, Blergh, but this is just a small sample.

See you all on the 29th!!!

Edited by Twilight Man
  • Love 2
On 5/14/2018 at 8:11 PM, HoboClayton said:

I love the Roasts! Though, they have sorely went downhill since we lost Giraldo. Jeselnik is my type of humor, but he is dark...  Bruce Willis seems like a rather odd choice, but, could see some interesting folks. Looking forward to this one. The last few have been kind of meh. 

And further down the hill they go! I figured the only issue Bruce said would be off limits would be making fun of the looks of his daughters. Jeff was the only one who did, but, it was kind of broad and pretty easy to brush aside.  Cybil seemed completely baffled as to how low these things can get. Dom was the most offensive, but I think he just wanted a check. I like Martha Stewart, and thought she did pretty well again. Dennis Rodman is still chasing around his lost marbles. A couple references to Bruce being racist.. Hmm.. Kevin Pollack and Lil Rel had some decent jokes. I love Edward Norton as an actor, but found his set odd. A few #metoo jokes which mostly fell flat. Nikki Glaser was cringeworthy as hell. Women tend to get dragged for their bad jokes a lot more than the men, but most of her set was painful. The suicide joke and being molested to Bruce's movies didn't work at all. You can joke about stuff like that if you do a good job.. She didn't. God I miss Greg Giraldo. Curious as to why Jeselnik wasn't there. They spoiled Demi showing up in the previews, but if they hadn't, I think most knew she'd show up. Her veneers, or whatever she did to her mouth, changed her look in a big way. But, she's still gorgeous. Her voice sounded different as well. All and all.. Pretty meh. Thought it was funny they bleeped all the major cuss words, but Bruce's last Yippee ki-yay, motherfucker! wasn't.  2 out of 5 stars. Bruce was right though. Die Hard is NOT a Christmas movie. Damn I miss Greg Giraldo. :( 

• Love 3
(edited)

I liked it. I mean, it wasn't one of the all-time greats, but it mostly kept me chuckling, and I actually laughed out loud many times. It's a roast. It's not meant to be Dostoyevski. Bruce was obviously a Big Respected A-List Star to most of the roasters, but they were generally willing to bust his chops anyway. So... immensely better than the James Franco installment, in which everyone basically just wanted to blow him. 

I thought, for the most part, that the ladies were going into it harder than the men this time. Cybil and Martha are at the point in their careers where they finally don't have to give many fucks. And it works for them. Nikki Glaser showed some solid professional comedy chops, even while breaking a couple of times to reveal that no one is more surprised than she is at her presence there. But Comedy Central has that new roast battle show that she's one of the judges on, so that's why. Jeff is, too.

I give it at least a B minus, probably a good solid high B. Not a B plus, but... still... not bad to drink and laugh at.

Put me down for another one that misses Giraldo, though. Not because other people (not particularly Levitt, but. for one example, Ross,) are not capable of running the shit out of a great roast, but Greg did seem like he born to it. And I really liked his solo comedy too. I miss him, that's all, and these events do remind me.

Edited by CletusMusashi
  • Love 2
22 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

I was shocked at how friendly Bruce and Cybill seemed.  I guess 30 years of not talking will do that.

This.  And I know Cybill is from Memphis, but her twang was never that pronounced as it was on the roast.

• Love 3

Well I learned something new. Apparently Elvis went down on Cybill Shepherd. 

Jeff Ross had some good jokes. Edward Norton was cracking up during his set. 

I also liked how Bruce and Demi's daughters were cheering on their mom. 

• Love 1
On 7/30/2018 at 4:27 AM, HoboClayton said:

And further down the hill they go! I figured the only issue Bruce said would be off limits would be making fun of the looks of his daughters. Jeff was the only one who did, but, it was kind of broad and pretty easy to brush aside.  Cybil seemed completely baffled as to how low these things can get. Dom was the most offensive, but I think he just wanted a check. I like Martha Stewart, and thought she did pretty well again. Dennis Rodman is still chasing around his lost marbles. A couple references to Bruce being racist.. Hmm.. Kevin Pollack and Lil Rel had some decent jokes. I love Edward Norton as an actor, but found his set odd. A few #metoo jokes which mostly fell flat. Nikki Glaser was cringeworthy as hell. Women tend to get dragged for their bad jokes a lot more than the men, but most of her set was painful. The suicide joke and being molested to Bruce's movies didn't work at all. You can joke about stuff like that if you do a good job.. She didn't. God I miss Greg Giraldo. Curious as to why Jeselnik wasn't there. They spoiled Demi showing up in the previews, but if they hadn't, I think most knew she'd show up. Her veneers, or whatever she did to her mouth, changed her look in a big way. But, she's still gorgeous. Her voice sounded different as well. All and all.. Pretty meh. Thought it was funny they bleeped all the major cuss words, but Bruce's last Yippee ki-yay, motherfucker! wasn't.  2 out of 5 stars. Bruce was right though. Die Hard is NOT a Christmas movie. Damn I miss Greg Giraldo. :( 

this is not the same with greg giraldo, i think it was ok, these things do make you cringe though. demi looks like a plastic humanoid my god.