Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Fillion Bollar King

7 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Does anyone remember why Ezra is wanted by the FBI but the others are not? 

I think it's because the FBI had arrested Ezra and he was supposed to help them take down Maddie but instead he double-crossed them.

I'm so glad this show is back, I missed it! I'm glad that we saw a bit of Richard's background in this episode, he's my favorite, and we didn't get much of his backstory last year.

• Love 9
(edited)

Maddie must have some pheromones because she can sure reel 'em in. Windchimes was really feeling her after talking to her for what 30 - 40 minutes on 2 separate occassions.

I was kind of irritated with the other Federal Burrow of Investigations agents razzing Patrick about how he screwed up the Doctor/Saffron investigation. He did have a superior, Aunt Boss, who signed off on everything that happened. You'd think at least there'd be line about how she was asked to retire in the wake of that debacle.

Did it seem like Maddie's takedown of Richard was unnecessarily awful with a really wide impact on quite a number of people? She stole Jules' inheritance. She took all of Ezra's money and I think some company money, but not enough to ruin it. With Richard, she took everything including a ton of company money, but left his mom's house. She and the Doctor put a ton of people out of work.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7

Love this show and I'm thrilled it's finally returned. 

I did not notice Paul Adelstein as Shelley Cohen surveilling Maddie. I was sure that the wind chimes guy was the FBI.

• Love 1

I am amazed Patrick still has a job. And that the ring was real.

This season is getting off to a dull start, IMO. Hopefully things will pick up because I don't want to see all of them being a bunch of losers.

• Love 4

I loved this show last year. But the thought has crossed my mind that it can never live up to it's freshman season because it was just scripted and acted to perfection. How can that happen again? I watched S2E01 last night and my concerns were realized. The beginning in the bus station was just slapstick silly. The cop fling was silly as well. About the only thing that kept my attention was Maddie being stalked by those two guys, then realizing it wasn't them, though I still wasn't convinced it wasn't them when she searched their room. And you kind of knew that when she opened the door someone would be standing there. I dunno, it just doesn't feel the same thus far. I hope it's just E01 rustiness and they get back into their groove again. They dont need gimics like trying to infer that Jules and Ezra might fall into the sack, which I thought they were telegraphing pretty heavily last night. That sort of plot "twist" isn't really needed, nor interesting. What makes this show great is when we're totally confused and barely able to follow what's going on, then we get a GOTCHA moment at the end.

I may be one of the few who loathes Uma and I really dont need her reprising her batshit crazy roles a la Tarentino movies. That shit is old for me, and I feel like she's just doing a rehash of those roles as Lenny Cohen. It's just not interesting or necessary. Also, Maddie said something to her husband that made it sound like she was dead, that confused me. Did she think that because of the Sally kitchen scene? Did she think Sally offed Lenny but has no proof?

Anyway, I'm still giving this season a fair shot but so far it's not doing anything for me other than, "Oh, there's my fav cast peeps!"

• Love 3
On 4/6/2018 at 7:46 AM, kacesq said:

I think it's because the FBI had arrested Ezra and he was supposed to help them take down Maddie but instead he double-crossed them.

Patrick's "sister" suspected Jules of being part of the gang but decided she wasn't (due in part to Jules seducing her). I don't think Richard was ever on their radar.

On 4/6/2018 at 9:46 AM, HunterHunted said:

Maddie must have some pheromones because she can sure reel 'em in. Windchimes was really feeling her after talking to her for what 30 - 40 minutes on 2 separate occassions.

I, like @Arkay, think the windchimer is a fake, although not necessarily FBI.

On 4/8/2018 at 11:18 AM, gingerella said:

They dont need gimics like trying to infer that Jules and Ezra might fall into the sack, which I thought they were telegraphing pretty heavily last night. That sort of plot "twist" isn't really needed, nor interesting.

Ugh.  Jules has made it quite clear that she's not even a little bi.

• Love 1