Type keyword(s) to search

Agent Carter Wish List

I'm just so excited for this I could spit! Not that I... spit. 

I just loved her, yes, moxie in Cap 1 and her short film, and her heartbreaking cameo in Cap 2. I hope we'll have some personal interaction with Steve (cuz I'm an icky girl and I loves me some romantical-type stuff) before that fateful mission (in flashbacks), though I know it'll be kept to a minimum due to TV budget constraints. Also maybe there will be some Bucky. 

As far as her without the boys, I'd like to see her carrying on. I want to see her struggle as she copes with Steve's death and the misogynistic attitudes that prevail as she keeps on kicking Hydra ass. I want to see her rely on her brilliant mind and fearless nature.

I'm really looking forward to her teaming up with Howard, who obviously already knows and appreciates her worth as an agent and as a soldier. And I can't wait to see her contributions to SHIELD in its infancy. GO PEGGY!

• Love 2

Moxie really is one of those terms that seems inherently vintage, doesn't it?  I mean it's not like there's a rule that a modern character can't have moxie, it's just that we'd probably insist on finding some other way to describe it.

• Love 2

I want to meet Trip's grandfather.

And I'd enjoy seeing Bradley Whitford again. He did such a good job being a smarmy ass in the short. And he doesn't have a show now, so...

• Love 3

I'd like to see the origin of some of Triplitts gear, with the occasional gag of everyone freaking out about something that you could pick up at Five Below today.

I'd like to see a loose end from Agent Carter picked up in the back half of SHIELD's season, and a time-travel crossover some time around Season 3.

I'd love for there to be a lot of attention paid to the historical attitudes. Doesn't have to be a PBS-style documentary (ha) but just a few nods now and again about how "yeah, this is what it was really like back then" would be cool.

• Love 2

I just wish this show can have strong enough writers that they can grab the audience's interest right off the bat. I mean I have to think that this show is going to be a harder sell for the average viewer than Agents of Shield is. I mean it is set in the past (a hard sell on its own, plus it means no name dropping Iron Man or Romanov or Nick Fury showing up), it features a lesser known character, plus for fans of the movies there will be even less risk than usual since you know that Agent Carter is never going to be killed.  I mean Agents of SHIELD I think has kind of been a letdown for the network, and just the basic premise of this show seems like one that would bring in fewer viewers right off the bat.

I also hope that the writers are good enough that they can have Agent Carter be smart enough to be interesting, but have a reasonable explanation for how she doesn't realize that SHIELD is being infiltrated by HYDRA.

What if she does realize it, but her concerns are brushed aside as (say it with me now) "the hysterical fears of some excitable WAC." Or is that too on-the-nose?

"See here now, that crazy dame doesn't know shit from shine-ola! Whyyy the only thing that crackpot jezebel has going for her is the fact that she was Steve Rogers' squeeze, yeah squeeze! Stark sure wasn't using his brain when he hired her, yaknowwhatImean?*wink wink* Why, I oughtta...".

• Love 1

"See here now, that crazy dame doesn't know shit from shine-ola! Whyyy the only thing that crackpot jezebel has going for her is the fact that she was Steve Rogers' squeeze, yeah squeeze! Stark sure wasn't using his brain when he hired her, yaknowwhatImean?*wink wink* Why, I oughtta...".

You forgot to fit the word "gams" in there somehow.

• Love 3

If Bradley Whitford is delivering those lines, I would be one happy viewer.

• Love 1

Peggy of all people should take some more female agents under her wing. I don't want the show to turn into Agent Carter and the Boys.

And while we're on the subject, some female baddies too.

• Love 2

Actually, I was thinking a little more mansplain-y. More of a "Peggy, sweetheart. We just beat the Nazis in a war, remember? Do you really think we couldn't tell if those crazy evil bastards were right under our noses? I know you gals did your best to hold our jobs while that war was on. But it's over now. You can leave the spy biz to us now, hmm?"

• Love 2