Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E14: Finale

• Start Topic

13 hours ago, chiaros said:

Because they wouldn't be caught dead (or alive) in it?

In the case of Morticia Addams, though, the point would be that she'd rather be caught dead than alive in ANYTHING...

[Yes, yes, I know, don't explain the joke, but COME ON :-D ...]

• Love 4

Commenting late...

I was pulling for Adrienne but I think Joe deserved it.

Adrienne won first course.

Joe won second.

Both had issues with the third. They gripped about Adrienne’s beans, unfairly I thought, but both cheftestants had issues with their main protein being tough. Joe’s veggies won him out.

Joe sneaked in a win with the last course.

i did cry a little when Adrienne broke down at the end.

Enjoyed the season immensely. What a great group of classy, talented, drama-free people.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, WineCheeseChocolat said:

Enjoyed the season immensely. What a great group of classy, talented, drama-free people.

This really was one of the best seasons ever in terms of the contestants.

• Love 6
On 3/12/2018 at 4:23 PM, film noire said:

And I don't buy the whole "You didn't taste the food" argument, because food tasting is subjective, not objective. 

Yes... but that's why Tom C isn't the only judge, and it's why the decision about who has won and who has lost can take HOURS in every single round. They debate in an effort to make it OBJECTIVE. That's why they look beyond taste and preference to technique (of various types) and how well they met the challenge.

Tom C didn't declare Joe winner. Four people, who show some diversity themselves, came to a consensus that he had won.

• Love 3
On 3/9/2018 at 7:01 AM, Special K said:

Except that's not the analog to the note's construction.  Your complaint would be with "I and my mom went to the mall," the nominative not the objective.

I agree this is usage not grammar.  And since it was a short note, not a formal communication/publication, I'm OK with "meet me and Tom."

It would be my mom and I went to the mall.  Never I and my mom.

• Love 1